• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit List

Achillies47 said:
How long should it take to receive a call after the 2011 hiring release?

As was stated in many other places on this forum, there's no way of knowing. Even if you've been merit listed, you might not be high enough on the list to get a spot at that time, and you may get a call immediately. You may have to wait for them to work their way down the list and some people to turn it down. There's simply no way of knowing how long because there are too many factors at play.

Also keep in mind that come Friday they are going to be inundated with calls and drop ins galore. Give them a bit of time. Your turn will come.

It all depends on how many calls a CFRC as to make, how many people are making the calls. what order are they calling trades, how many times will they have to spend a few minutes telling an incoming caller to wait until they are called, ....

There are too many variables to even make a guess. If you're going to get a call and an offer, it will come.

I was merit listed for EO tech a while back as well, now they have removed it from the site as in demand. I'm hoping this is a good thing.

Stacked said:
I'm also merit listed for all three of those trades. I'm glad to hear they will be calling people this coming week.
Good luck to you. Who knows, we may do some coursing together!

That would be pretty sweet keep me posted if you hear anything, good to know one person in our training unit

Hey i registered because I'm also merit listed for Nav comm and sonar op. I also live in the Barrie area so i wanted to say hey! I have been merit listed for around the same time as you. Best of luck to all of us!

Stacked said:
So the CFRC told me they are hiring 44 NCIOPS, 35 Sonar Ops, 15 Nav Comms.  Pretty low, so best of luck to all of you. Hope we all get in!

Pretty low ball numbers, still awaiting a call

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is 'merit listed'  ???
I, apparently am in that boat as well. A recruiter was not able to explain to my why being in a 'Merit list' helps me in any way as far as re-joining goes.

After you complete all the application processes you are then ranked onto the merit list. It is ranked on how you did on the CFAT, Interview and Academic marks, according to the Captain who recruited me. I was told that I ranked fairly high and a few days later I received an offer as a Stoker. :)

Sigger said:
I, apparently am in that boat as well. A recruiter was not able to explain to my why being in a 'Merit list' helps me in any way as far as re-joining goes.

Good day,

Merit Listed pretty much means you have qualified for your trade and waiting for courses to open up to insert you in, of course it correlates to your merit on that list to whoever whom gets to be inserted into the courses when they open up. So from the previous sentence, I think that pretty much solves your question?

regards
sleath

Sleath said:
So from the previous sentence, I think that pretty much solves your question?
Not really.. I suppose I will still have to wait for the Career Manager to send me a job offer.. Maybe that is what they meant.

Thanks Sleath.

Sigger said:

From like, 80 minutes ago?

I worded the question wrong. I am past it now.

Sigger OUT

Im in the application process as well but from what I've gathered from this site, re-joining is the same as applying as a civilian. You're put on the same type of list either way. Though I'd expect that someone re-joining would get placed higher than a civilian (who scored exactly the same on everything) if they had a good service record.

Again that's just how I understand it from reading this site.

WOW for all the canada including french and english people from every province?  i mean the 35 spots for nav op???

Stacked said:
Let me know if you hear anything Achillies47. I will do the same!

Just got an email to call the CFRC Barrie my file has been selected for employment and I'm now awaiting them to return my call, so stoked man, have you got a posting yet?

Achillies47 said:
NCIOP, apparently it just opened up. I start my BMQ July 4th.

I thought they were only hiring for May BMQs.
Wonder when they'll update the CFLRS website to show the June/July BMQ dates...
Congrats!

Stacked said:
I got a job offer!

I called the recruiting center and they said they will call me with details in the next few days...

Best news I have ever received...

Congrats Stacked!  :)

Stacked said:
Thanks man! I don't even know what to do with myself right now. They told me they might phone later today even.. I feel like I am going to get physically sick I am so excited. I have been pretty discouraged about the whole process lately, and to know the recruiting process is finally over is such an amazing feeling and a huge relief.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats! Thats great news!

Back