• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March 2009 BMQ

Good to know.  My file manager already knows the deal with my app.  Just waiting on hubby to get back before I can go anywhere.  Doesn't make the waiting any less nerve wracking.

SeaGully said:
;D
I got "THE CALL" today for BMQ March 16th 2009 #0220
Anyone else?

I got "The Call" today for BMQ March 16th  as well, been waiting since November for my start date so excited.

jmlz87 said:
Just a heads up for all you hopefuls out there, if you're finished your process, don't be surprised to get the "Offer" call and find out you're enrolling this week and shipping out next, with or without LWOP. Oh and if you're still in HS, finishing Gr12 off, please let your recruiting centre know!

What does LWOP mean?

What does he mean by that though? "don't be surprised to get the "Offer" call and find out you're enrolling this week and shipping out next, with or without LWOP."

If you get Leave without pay after enrolling it basicly means that you are a member of the CF and will start getting paid when the course starts. Being on LWOP you are still covered if you are sick or injured.

Chapter 8 – Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Allowances
Section 8.1 Leave Without Pay and Allowances
8.1.01 Purpose
The purpose of Leave Without Pay (LWOP) is to allow Regular Force members the opportunity to remain in the CF during periods when no service is rendered. Except on enrolment, members must request LWOP. The reason for the LWOP must be in the interest of the CF.
8.1.02 Limitations
Except when LWOP is granted for maternity or parental leave purposes, LWOP shall not be granted:
• in a member’s final year of service; or
• until all annual and accumulated leave entitlements are used for the same purpose for which the LWOP is requested.
8.1.03 Reckoning time
LWOP is reckoned in calendar days.
8.1.04 Approving authority
The table below summarizes the approving authorities for granting LWOP:
IF LWOP is intended for the purpose of …
THEN it may be granted to…
BY the…
Maternity Leave or
Parental Leave
Regular Force members or Reserve Force members on Class “B” or “C” service
(Refer to paragraph 8.2.01 for guidance if situation is Class “A” service)
CO in accordance with:
• QR&O 16.26, Maternity Leave;
• QR&O 16.27, Parental Leave; and/or
• DAOD 5001-2, Maternity and Parental Benefits
Spousal Accompaniment
Members of a CF service couple to accompany their spouses on posting
Director General Recruiting and Military Careers (DGRMC) for a maximum of 4 cumulative years.
On Enrolment
Enrollees to the Regular Force
• CO of a CF Recruiting Unit for a period of up to 21 days; or
• CO of the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group (CFRG) for a period in excess of 21 days.
Academic or Technical Training
Regular Force members
• CO for up to 14 days;
• OCC for up to 30 days, including the LWOP already granted by the
A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001
Canadian Forces Leave Policy Manual
61/83
CO; and
• Applications in excess of 30 days staffed to DGRMC with a recommendation from the CO and OCC for approval by or under the authority of the CDS.
Personal Reasons
Regular Force members
• CO for up to 14 days;
• OCC for up to 30 days, including the LWOP already granted by the CO; and
• Applications in excess of 30 days staffed to DGRMC with a recommendation from the CO and OCC for approval by or under the authority of the CDS.
8.1.05 Application process
Except for new enrollees, who shall have LWOP documented on form CF 100 and members requesting LWOP for maternity or parental reasons, an application for LWOP shall be made on the application form at Annex A.
Members applying for maternity and parental benefits complete form DND 2268, Application Form for Maternity/Parental Benefits.
8.1.06 Points to consider
Before recommending or approving any period of LWOP, the following points should be considered:
• The reason for the LWOP;
• Whether the CF can forego the services of the member for the period of LWOP;
• Whether there are better alternatives to achieve the aim;
• The rank, performance and conduct of the member;
• Whether there will be significant periods during the term of LWOP when the member, upon request, could be returned to duty;
• Whether the period of LWOP should be counted for promotion purposes with reference to CFAO 11-6, Commissioning and Promotion Policy-Officers-Regular Force;
• Whether or not the requirements of CFAO 19-4 Failure to Settle Private Debts should preclude granting LWOP; and
• Whether or not the member is undergoing a period of obligatory service.
8.1.07 Abatement of annual leave
Annual Leave is not earned in any complete month of LWOP. This table describes the abatement of annual leave for any complete month of LWOP.
When a period of LWOP involves two or more leave years, the annual leave abatement shall be applied to each leave year independently.
A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001
Canadian Forces Leave Policy Manual
62/83
Abatement…
is effected at a rate of…
or shall equal the…
prior to
1 April 1980 – for all members
2 working days for each 30 calendar day period
effective
1 April 1980 – for all members
2 days for each complete calendar month of LWOP. Such abatement shall not exceed the member’s annual entitlement.
effective 1 November 2008 – for members entitled to 20 or 25 days annual leave at the time when the member commences LWOP
2 days for each complete calendar month of LWOP. Such abatement shall not exceed the member’s annual entitlement.
effective 1 November 2008 – for members entitled to 30 days annual leave at the time when the member commences LWOP
2.5 days for each complete calendar month of LWOP. When the resulting number of days leave to be abated is not a whole number taking into consideration the abatement for the full period of LWOP, the number of days should be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Such abatement shall not exceed the member’s annual entitlement.
maximum annual leave entitlement when LWOP is granted for that leave year and/or period of reserve service.
8.1.08 Recall
Periods of LWOP shall not be broken for the purpose of establishing an annual leave credit. The recall to duty of a member on LWOP shall be done personally by the CO and shall be for a minimum of 5 working days.
8.1.09 Impact on obligatory service
Pursuant to DAOD 5049-1, Obligatory Service, any periods of obligatory service shall be extended by a period equal to the LWOP that has been granted during a period of obligatory service.

Thank you dangerboy, for providing that information. I've been busy all morning with enrollments so I haven't had time to reply.

To add to that, LWOP means you're a part of the CF, but not being paid. The day you are on LWOP your contract date starts, but it is not your Change of Strenght (COS) date.

Being on LWOP has several implications to it, regarding medical treatment, and pay (as you are contributing to your Canadian Forces Supperannuation (sp) Plan or "CF pension". This is all explained in a form you read and sign on your enrollment day.

Also, when on LWOP be sure to have your CF100 aka Leave Pass on you at all times, as you never know when you'll need to produce it.

I got a call today and got merit listed. I was told if I wanted to go RCR I would probably start in a couple of weeks, the 16th i assume. But i wanna go PPCLI and they told me I won't start till april maybe. So i'm just wondering if any of you guys starting in march (infantry) are going PPCLI or you all RCR?

Strange enough, they told me that the RCR was full when I was given my offer and was enrolled (On Monday)... So I am going into the PPCLI (Mar 2nd BMQ starting).  Either way, good luck to you all and I will see you at St-Jean, even though we will likely not know it.

Cheers.  :salute:

Im trying for either RCR, Sig Ops or Armour so hopefully this opens my chances to get the cal sooner rather than later.

Schilly said:
Strange enough, they told me that the RCR was full when I was given my offer and was enrolled (On Monday)... So I am going into the PPCLI (Mar 2nd BMQ starting).  Either way, good luck to you all and I will see you at St-Jean, even though we will likely not know it.

Cheers.  :salute:

well when they asked me what regiment i wanted to go into i told them the one with opening sand it was  R.C.R and i was sopose to leave March 2nd  but i asked for an extra week because i had my other job to leave first

As of yesterday afternoon i was told nothing avalible for ppcli, but openings for rcr.  Guess i'll wait now for the April 2009 BMQ thread to open up. good luck you guys.

I go March 15th to St.Jean again. Start March 16. course number 0220E

So got another call today. swear in thursday, fly out saturday, start monday the 9th! short notice but i'm in!  not sure the course number yet.

You'll find out when you swear in, but congrat's man....I'm still waiting for my med to clear :boring: Good luck at BMQ.

Back