• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let's get rid of the Beret (or at least tell logistik unicorp theirs suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mud Recce Man said:
Just so they would have to say "Coxswain Balls to the bridge!  Coxswain Balls to the bridge!!"

Now see, I thought that was funny  ;D

It is quite funny, and would be even funnier when the buffer takes a flying leap at you (or whoever) for making an incorrect pipe and you are put on remedial bosn mate duties!!  ;D

(yes, I know, I'm spoiling your fun, aren't I)

Hmmm.  I am not sure what all that means...the only "buffer" I know is the one that goes on the bottom of the buffer machine we used to wax our floors...

I am not a CE guy, I don't make pipes, but if I did they would probably be bent the wrong way and not fit each other well (aka incorrect pipe?)...

You will have to forgive me AM...we didn't use much of that talk back and forth on the ICS in our CRVs/AVGPs/LAVs whatever you want to call em...or in the dreaded Iltis either  >:D

AirMich,

Please explain buffer to us army folk.

I look at it like this and can site a relative example:

Today I saw a guy who was buffer:eek: ) than another one at the gym!!!  Feel free to PM me the details of your interpretation of "buffer!!"

Sorry about that folks.

Buffer is the slang term for Chief Bosn (boatswains) Mate.  It has been said that it is the acronym for "Big Ugly Fat ****er Easily Replaced".  ;D

A "pipe" is what the navy calls the announcements it makes over the broadcast system within a ship.  If you are piping someone to a place, it is different dependent upon the ranks.  "LS Bloggins, bridge", "Chief Petty Officer Bloggins required Bridge", "Lieutenant Bloggins requested bridge".  You can also use their title.  Example "Coxswain required bridge".  However you cannot use slang titles, so you wouldn't hear "Buffer required bridge."  Clear as mud??

COXSWAIN BALLS REQUIRED BRIDGE!

COXSWAIN BALLS REQUIRED BRIDGE!

There now I am all trained-up!

I can see Coxswain Balls right now inspecting all his seaman and Leading seaman.

mover1 said:
I can see Coxswain Balls right now inspecting all his seaman and Leading seaman.

I forgot to mention all this was happening on the poop deck no less

Ya well, you need to stop remembering all the things I've said over the years... 8)

Complete tangent here but, could the mods please edit the title of this thread so that "theirs"  is spelled properly? I know, nitpicking but I guess it's just the English major in me coming out.  ;D

Big Foot said:
Complete tangent here but, could the mods please edit the title of this thread so that "theirs"  is spelled properly? I know, nitpicking but I guess it's just the English major in me coming out.  ;D

Done!! Oh, and I got the other mistake in the thread title too; compare the title in your post, or this one, to the thread title for details.  ;) I so just wanted to change it to "Lettuce get rid of the beret..." just to be evil!!  >:D

The lack of apostrophe was nowhere near as distressing as the improper spelling of "theirs" so I guess you could say that I simply didn't care. ;D But thanks for making the change. lol

Sorry for my lack of english skills.
I guess my poop stinks too.  :-X

I think berets are lame. They flop about in the wind especially if you are onboard a ship or any where near the sea shore and usually end up standing up straight and looking like a pee pot on your head. Give me a peaked cap or a  ball cap any day......even the wedge holds it's shape in the wind.

Ahhh... you just haven't formed it wuite right yet!
Sweat in it for a while,,, they will keep their shape..... if you have a good one
If you are satisfied with a POS beret, they yes, you are correct on all counts

BTW...

Forage caps are a real pain in the but, from the moment you take it off your head.

Baseball caps.... I have an aversion towards them - from the days of the green workdress texaco suit with lagoon shirt & ball cap........:p

IN HOC SIGNO said:
even the wedge holds it's shape in the wind.

Yes indeed, howeve, turn your head 90 degrees to the wind and.......

Yeah the wedge has a nice LCF but isn't all cut out. But I had one in my cadet days. Only thing that was good about it, you didn't have to shape it. Just made sure it was on your head correctly.

Regards,
TN2IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back