• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau - Timelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyRick said:
Justin Trudeau is running for  ::)

Hopefully he and the liberals party do not succeed in politics. I still think of Dion's line "Liberals, we must get back to power"

The liberals.
They care nothing for responsibilty.
They care nothing about representing all of Canada.
They care nothing about what is really good for the common people.
They care nothing for Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.
They care about themselves. They are thirsty for power and if they do get in power again, they will again, rule this coutry on nasty power trip.
+1, send that to Dion.

Stéphane Dion :

http://www.liberal.ca/members_f.aspx?id=2369

Dion.S@parl.gc.ca

All we need now is to have Ben Mulruney run for the covervatives and complete the circle of the up and coming.

Jeese i'm getting old...

Maybe Ben won't want to run for the conservatives,
as he asked a few years ago to Justin to form a party
with him  ;D !

Sassy said:
I belong to a liberal discussion forum and according to the Liberals it's not "If" they get re-elected it's "When", this arragance is frightening. 

What would that be I would love to try and have a civilised conversation with them.

Really, who does this kid think he is, a KENNEDY?

Won't go anywhere.  His mother confessed to the press that she battles mental illness.  Genetic Predisposition.  Dead in the water, until proven otherwise.

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/story.html?id=8cf493ee-f0d4-421c-bfce-92adb8b2ea0b&k=22306

TCBF said:
Really, who does this kid think he is, a KENNEDY?

Won't go anywhere.  His mother confessed to the press that she battles mental illness.  Genetic Predisposition.  Dead in the water, until proven otherwise.

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/story.html?id=8cf493ee-f0d4-421c-bfce-92adb8b2ea0b&k=22306

Very brave of her, actually.  Her frank statements may show others they are far from alone.

However, doctors and researchers are still trying to determine what causes bipolar disorder. Blier said most mental illnesses are genetic in nature, but other factors, such as the environment, may be to blame.

That doesn't mean her sons will have it.
That doesn't mean somebody with mental illness can't get elected.

And it's bipolar disorder, not a form of schizophrenia with violence...

Yrys said:
That doesn't mean somebody with mental illness can't get elected.

I'm fairly certain that some with mental illness HAVE been elected - Justin's Dad for instance, Paul Hellyer also comes to mind.

Roy

"That doesn't mean somebody with mental illness can't get elected."

- Good point.  I should have been clearer in my above two posts, which I arsed up.   The people of Canada by and large won't care, and if he is elected, the opposing parties would commit political suicide if they raised the issue.

The real back-stabbing will be behind the closed doors of his own party.

With his mom have a mental illness that just give him one of those happy feel good things to jump on the liberal bandwagon.
My brother is a paranoid Schizophernic, and my sister is a pshychiatrist, so that just means I have to people in family that are nuts.
nobody feels sorry for me but they will sure jump out saying oh that poor brave boy look at all the adversity in his life. People start doing that I would love to pull the silver spoon from his mouth and shove it up his A**.

It's bound to be used, one way or another.  Look how the Left tried to tar McCain a few years back when they hinted his years as a P.O.W. may have rendered him 'unstable'.  A gutless attack by faceless cowards behind the scenes, but that's who usually launch them.

No, if Justin has to fight that battle, it will be within the Liberal Party.

No doubt, as we speak, spin-doctors are meeting in a strip club in Brossard and talking about the same thing.

TCBF said:
....No doubt, as we speak, spin-doctors are meeting in a strip club in Brossard and talking about the same thing.

:rofl:

TCBF said:
No doubt, as we speak, spin-doctors are meeting in a strip club in Brossard and talking about the same thing.
HMM maybe I should go and look for them!!

Highlights mine, shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

'Canada needs to leave Afghanistan'
Jeff Heinrich ,  Canwest News Service, 21 Aug 08
Article link

MONTREAL - Canada's "aggressive" war in Afghanistan is all about "teaching lessons with weapons" and will leave nothing behind "except the blood we've lost there," the journalist son of late prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau said Thursday.

"Our aggressive military activities in Afghanistan are foolish and wrong," said Alexandre (Sacha) Trudeau, 34.

"The Pashtun (people) have extremely different values than ours, values we may not agree with in any case, but it's not our business to try and teach them lessons with weapons," Trudeau told Canwest News Service.

"Because, in fact, they'll be the ones teaching us lessons.

"We're going to have to leave the place or there'll be nothing left of us or of whatever we've done, except the blood we've lost there after we leave. So it's better we leave now."

Trudeau was speaking from Beijing, where he has been filing cultural reports on China as part of the CBC's Olympic broadcast team.

He made his comments at the end of an interview to promote his latest documentary film, Refuge, about war-ravaged Darfur. The interview was done two hours before news that three more Canadian soldiers had died in Afghanistan on Wednesday was announced.

Trudeau knows the Canadian military firsthand, but not through combat. In the mid-1990s he trained as a reserve officer at Canadian Forces Base Gagetown in New Brunswick and joined the Royal Canadian Hussars in Montreal, one of Canada's oldest army reserve regiments, with the rank of second lieutenant.

Shortly after that, he embarked on a career as a globe-trotting journalist and filmmaker.

Asked Thursday whether he now wants to make his next film in Afghanistan - an idea he floated last year on The Hour, a CBC talk show hosted by George Stroumboulopoulos - Trudeau replied "No."

"I don't think I'd go to Afghanistan," he said.

"I don't want to go and sit in the (Canadian Forces) camp in Kandahar and film the Tim Hortons.

"What I want to do is leave it to younger filmmakers to show who the Pashtun are - people we falsely call Taliban, in most cases - and why we really have no reason to tell them how to live their lives, why Afghanistan should be left to its own devices."

Trudeau said he had approached several TV networks to make a film about the country. Each one turned him down, probably because in 2006 "I made a film about Canadian politics, Secure Freedom, about Canadian security certificates," that was highly critical of the Harper government's anti-terrorism measures.

"Networks have shied away from allowing me to go to Afghanistan when I had the chance, and now I don't think I'd want to go - it's too dangerous," Trudeau said.

Before the birth of his son, Pierre Emmanuel, in December 2006, Trudeau travelled to places like Liberia, Iraq and the West Bank to make a series of subjective, point-of-view documentaries about the human cost of war and conflict. He went to Sudan and Chad last year to live, travelling with rebels fighting the Sudanese government.

As a young father, his days of perilous travels are now firmly behind him, Trudeau said.

He intends to return to Montreal "in a couple of weeks" with the nearly completed manuscript of his "labour of love," a book about China that he has been researching and writing for several years and which is to be published next spring.

Am I the only one becoming desensitized to these douchebags?

I hope he didn't pay much for his education.  It certainly hasn't taught him much. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back