• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau - Timelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
a_majoor said:
What's rather bizzare about that story is the entire thrust of PET's "just society" was to relieve people of responsibility for their actions.....

Well I guess he wanted to make an example out of his boy then. He was charged and fined IIRC.

At the grad parade he was present, in the bleachers, not in the VIP seats.

It kinda took me by surprise seeing him there sitting on a bench.

Of course Seior Officers were milling aabout him after the parade was done....but he bee lined it for the instructors.

He asked some pretty direct questions and patted the Sgt on the back that pushed for the charge.

He certainly wasn't the PET that I knew.

Regards

I wonder what this person thinks would happen to Afghanistan, once NATO and American Forces pulled out? They apparently thought it was a threat prior to our invasion and removal of the Taliban. Such a withdrawl would result in the Taliban once again running the Country and all if not more, of all the worlds terrorists, once again setting up training camps and bases there.

I just don't understand people like that, however, we have them too here in the USA!  :rage:

He's in!

Let me check if I can find an english link.

Édith : here.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070222/trudeau_election_070222/20070222?hub=TopStories

Justin Trudeau has confirmed to CTV News that he will take on the Bloc Québécois in the next federal election when he runs for the Liberals in the Montreal-area riding of Papineau.

Trudeau was originally expected to run in the Montreal-area Outremont riding, recently vacated by Jean Lapierre, a former Liberal cabinet minister.

Instead, he will seek nomination in the tougher Papineau seat, currently held by Bloc MP Vivian Barbot.

"I don't want to be handed anything, I don't need to be handed anything, I'm more than capable of bringing the fight and it will be a chance for me to demonstrate my own political abilities," said Trudeau.

"It's an absolute bonus that I'll be able to take back this riding for the Liberals."

The riding has large Haitian, Greek and Italian communities, said CTV's Rosemary Thompson, who broke the news earlier in the day.

"It is a riding that has historically tended to be Liberal and he thinks that he can regain it for his father's party," said Thompson, referring to former prime minister Pierre Trudeau.

Trudeau said that being attached to the legacy of his father works both ways.

"My father's name obviously comes into it on the positive and the negative," said Trudeau.

"Expectations for me will be so amazingly high by some people and so incredibly low by others that I'm sure to disappoint everyone equally."

Parti libéral du Canada

Justin Trudeau dans Papineau

Après avoir eu des prétentions pour la circonscription d'Outremont, le fils de l'ancien premier ministre Pierre Elliott Trudeau souhaite être candidat dans Papineau, à Montréal, lors de la prochaine campagne électorale.

Actuellement représentée par la bloquiste Vivian Barbot, la circonscription a longtemps été celle des libéraux André Ouellet et Pierre Pettigrew.

Justin Trudeau devra tout d'abord obtenir l'investiture du Parti dans la circonscription, qui n'est pas fermée aux autres candidatures, selon le président de l'exécutif, Luc Cousineau. S'il la remporte, M. Trudeau sera officiellement désigné candidat.

Lors de la course à la direction qui a couronné Stéphane Dion comme chef du PLC en décembre dernier, Justin Trudeau avait d'abord donné son appui à Gerard Kennedy, qui a terminé au quatrième rang. Il s'était par la suite rallié au chef actuel, ce qui avait contribué à lui donner l'élan pour vaincre Michael Ignatieff.

Papineau est une des circonscriptions les plus hétéroclites de l'île de Montréal. Elle comprend le très multiethnique quartier de Parc-Extension, une partie très francophone du quartier Villeray et une partie du quartier Saint-Michel, où vit une importante communauté haïtienne.

Lors du scrutin de janvier 2006, Mme Barbot l'avait emporté avec 990 voix de majorité sur l'ancien ministre Pierre Pettitgrew. Une campagne de la communauté haïtienne avait à ce moment dénoncé les politiques libérales face à leur pays d'origine et contribué à la défaite de l'ancien ministre des Affaires étrangères.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2007/02/22/001-trudeau-plc-papineau.shtml

toute l'gang ici sont bilingue  :)

Boxkicker said:
  Please tell me there is a lot of sarcasm in this statement.

It's no secret that the name "Trudeau" rings patriotic bells in many Canadian hearts. And I make no secret as to my disapproval to the Trudeau era and what he did to Western Canada, and the fact that his family name could give Justin an unfair advantage over opponents because some voters are only willing to look as far as his last name as a credential (ie. "He's a Trudeau, he must be good). He can run, of course, that's his right and you can disagree with me all you want. But it does not take a genius to realize that the liberals will treat him like the next 'PM in waiting'. And once again the liberals will have another PM hopeful from Quebec. I don't have a grudge against Quebec, I just hate how the liberals think that every single stinking leader of their party has to come from Quebec. What about the rest of the country?

career_radio-checker said:
I just hate how the liberals think that every single stinking leader of their party has to come from Quebec. What about the rest of the country?

They don't think that. They just have notice that they have a better chance
of running the governement with a Québécer in the leader position, for
whaterver reason. I think that's why they usually elect or try to elect
a francophone each other time.

They don't care about the rest of the country, they want power, they want money.
They do want what they can to get it.

Justin, another LIberal who  thinks he was born to lead this country,  but don't all Liberals believe that they have the "God" given right to rule Canada?  Gag me with a spoon, and not a silver one like Justin is use to please. ;D

Yrys said:
They don't think that. They just have notice that they have a better chance
of running the government with a Québécer in the leader position, for
whatever reason. I think that's why they usually elect or try to elect
a francophone each other time.

They don't care about the rest of the country, they want power, they want money.
They do want what they can to get it.

The Liberals or Conservatives must win a lot of seats in Quebec, plus their base voters, to achieve a majority government. How better to do this than to have a leader from Quebec !
So a Quebec Liberal. And there my friends is the sad story of Canada's military and it's many many "dark decades."

Not another person name TRUDEAU.The first one was bad enough. In 4years he will be the leader of lib's then it will be time for me to pack my bags and leave CANADA.                :crybaby:

Wonder if he'll go AWOL for a while when the going gets tough?

Regards

Well I will give him credit as he passed on a "given" riding and went for the "unsure" riding. That said...what does he have to offer besides his surname and general platitudes.

Look at the bright side, by the time he'll be running for primeminister, the next census will have come along, the west will get its fair share of seats, and his chances of winning will be looking a little less cheerful.

That and I will be able to vote ^-^

Larry Strong said:
That said...what does he have to offer besides his surname and general platitudes.

Absolutely nothing. Along the same lines if "Lying Brian's" son decided to run.

Regards

Larry Strong said:
Well I will give him credit as he passed on a "given" riding and went for the "unsure" riding. That said...what does he have to offer besides his surname and general platitudes.

And I (reluctantly) have to give him credit for wanting to go through the nomination process and not wanting to be 'parachuted in'.

Here is my reading of this whole mess from the top.

SITUATION

1.  The Liberals have elected a weak Leader.  In fact it could be argued that certain of the leadership candidates have conspired for purely personal political gain to bring about the election of a weak leader.  I see this in the Kennedy/Dion agreement, it did nothing whatsoever for the good of, or the political future of their party, but had everything to do with good old-fashoned back scratching.

2.  Someone in the JT "camp", (party elite) possibly before there even was a "camp" to speak of floated the idea of Justin running for federal election all those months ago to gage public, and possibly even more importantly media reaction.  The reaction has been exactly what they wanted.  The public has come out vehemently for or against Trudeau, you don't want to enter politics unnoticed and you don't want to be unopposed a la Paul Martin's fall from grace.  The media has practically tripped overthemselves calling him "Royalty" doting on his every word, all the free publicity he could ever want.  In all the time I have been interested in politics I had never heard a reporter refer to a political candidate by his first name till Susan Bonner (the CBC's top political reporter) did it last night when referring to Trudeau.

3.  The backroom shenanigans of the leadership hopefulls have come home to roost in a leader that can not connect with Canadians, can not it seems, speak for all his MP's and perhaps can not be trusted to speak for the party in the HoC

4.  JT, aka the Liberal Jesus has "decided to run" for office.

PTHE PLAYERS

1.  The Liberals are permanently split into two camps, The Cogs and The Machine.  Any preception of unity is due to The Cogs being in coerced/implicit agreement with The Machine.

The Cogs are the fringe MP's, backbenchers and constituency offices they have democratic power but no Machiavellian power to speak of. They will continue on with Dion calling the shots.  The MP's care about their positions in Parliament and may be naive enough to think that they help guide the party.  They will not, however, be a happy bunch and will quickly become frustrated by Dion's lack of leadership, of vision and his increasingly autocratic nature as he is confronted more and more. 

The Machine are the old guard, select front benchers, party caucus and the hidden elite.  Power and personal position is all they really care about.  They may think that they do what they do for the country but the Party has usurped the position of prime importance.  Some may not even see the difference between the party and the country. 

They KNOW that they were had in the leadership race.  Their choice for leader (most likely Iggy) was confounded by the actions of some of the leadership hopefuls, they also know that this was most likely an unintended consequence of personal ambition and not what they would call subversion.

The Machine knows that Dion is a lame duck, and with JT having been guided to run (through the aforementioned machinations of party elite) they know that Dion is now no more than a placeholder for the once and future King, Trudeau. 
But the situation poses problems.
a.  Dione is still the leader
b.  Trudeau has not and can not be elected as an MP until the next election
c.  Dione will strengthen as leader if the Liberals win the next election (the ignorant masses within the party (The Cog)will ensure it)
d.  Trudeau has no experience in Parliament
e.  With no experience Trudeau will not be elected leader of the party by The Cog.

THE MACHINE SOLUTION

1.  Divide and Conquer.  Lead the Cogs in disobedience to Dion, undermine his authority, make him appear weaker than he is

2.  Engineer the fall of the current Government with the unwitting assistance of the other opposition parties and Dione himself.  *Dione will take a principaled position on some issue, most likely Afghanistan/Terrorism and be goaded into proving that he is not as weak as others believe him to be.  **The Conservatives will most likely save the Machine some trouble by engineering their own defeat as their position improves in the polls.

3.  Liberals go into the election and loose.  The Conservatives win a majority.

4.  Dione becomes a visible liability within the party, if he does not immediately resign (like Paul Martin) a leadership review will see him ousted within 3 months

5.  The process of selecting a leader from the Liberals is laid out. (probably taking longer than last time to let JT get experience in the HoC)

6.  The rumor of JT running as leader is floated almost immediately by the media  (no input required from The Machine)

7.  The Machine guages the response and JT most likely runs while earning experience in the HoC

8.  JT is selected as the party leader and has the better part of 4 years to hone his skills before the next election.

9.  The 2011 election is the next one that The Machine plans on winning.

I worked with Justin in the summer on the set of the Great War...He is politically motivated for sure. I had a nice talk with him.

Justin Trudeau is running for  ::)

Hopefully he and the liberals party do not succeed in politics. I still think of Dion's line "Liberals, we must get back to power"

The liberals.
They care nothing for responsibilty.
They care nothing about representing all of Canada.
They care nothing about what is really good for the common people.
They care nothing for Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.
They care about themselves. They are thirsty for power and if they do get in power again, they will again, rule this coutry on nasty power trip.

ArmyRick said:
Justin Trudeau is running for  ::)

Hopefully he and the liberals party do not succeed in politics. I still think of Dion's line "Liberals, we must get back to power"

The liberals.
They care nothing for responsibilty.
They care nothing about representing all of Canada.
They care nothing about what is really good for the common people.
They care nothing for Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.
They care about themselves. They are thirsty for power and if they do get in power again, they will again, rule this coutry on nasty power trip.

I belong to a liberal discussion forum and according to the Liberals it's not "If" they get re-elected it's "When", this arragance is frightening. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back