• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

amills990 said:
It also seems that they have clarified what fitness evaluation everyone will be doing. If Jan 27 BMQ is to do there fitness evaluation on Day 4 Week 0, then that would be Feb 1st, and so it would be the FORCE test.

See the following post ----->  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/113543.0.html

DAA said:
See the following post ----->  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/113543.0.html

That's what i originally thought, hopefully its correct.

I'll be seeing you fine folks there. I accepted an offer for Traffic Tech and swear in on the 21st and head out for the 25th. Stoked!

T.Wells said:
I'll be seeing you fine folks there. I accepted an offer for Traffic Tech and swear in on the 21st and head out for the 25th. Stoked!

Welcome abroad. So far looks like a nice little family, hopefully not everyone is the robot my buddy described that were on his platoon.

I'm not sure what time we would get to Saint Jean but I hope it is before the last shuttle leave cause then we have to pay like 100 bucks for taxi as far as I remember according to the booklet.

marinemech said:
Looks to be 3 Platoons starting on the 27th. Wonder where I will fall.

Isn't your platoon number on the enrollment offer that you have to sign?

venom800tt said:
I'm not sure what time we would get to Saint Jean but I hope it is before the last shuttle leave cause then we have to pay like 100 bucks for taxi as far as I remember according to the booklet.

Maybe that's why they reccomend bring 150 cash for "unexpected costs"

I actually just asked my recruiter yesterday about our platoon number and he told me we won't know this until we're in St. Jean. I have a question, what do we do if we're early? I'm driving there and I'll probably be a few hours early just so I can ensure that I'm there on time and take into consideration the weather, car accidents, traffic etc...Do we just chill inside til everyone gets there and on duty at 8?

T.Wells, they allowed you to drive? I was told no one was allowed to drive there anymore because of lateness and liability issues. are you keeping your vehicle there as well?

George Wallace said:
When you arrive, your days of "just chilling" are over.

"Chilling" is a good word for Quebec compared to the 10 degrees yesterday here in Vancouver  :p

I know two people now that are driving.

Really eh? That's weird, but I have seen it before. 1 RC says one thing, another one says different. Ah well guess I'm flying, too late now

Cbbmtt said:
"Chilling" is a good word for Quebec compared to the 10 degrees yesterday here in Vancouver  :p

I know two people now that are driving.

11° here today in Nova Scotia.

amills990 said:
T.Wells, they allowed you to drive? I was told no one was allowed to drive there anymore because of lateness and liability issues. are you keeping your vehicle there as well?

Hmmm, those (and the lack of available parking) were the reasons that I was told that I could not drive my vehicle. I'm very much hoping that I am able to have it with me in Borden...

Yes same here SJBEATON, I forgot to add that one. Damn! a vehicle would have been useful for trips to mtl, if my platoon behaves of course :p

if ever given the chance i might look into getting a rental vehicle and cost sharing it with people going up, 3 or more people chipping in can make it cheap

marinemech said:
if ever given the chance i might look into getting a rental vehicle and cost sharing it with people going up, 3 or more people chipping in can make it cheap

Chipping in for a vehicle to go to the bar. I see problems with this equation. I think that 5 people sharing a van taxi is worth the extra $$ ;)

I guess "chill" was the wrong word to use haha. I was only given the option to drive when I accepted my offer, but in my acceptance package, it stated I could have taken the train. I only live three hours away anyways so it's not a far drive at all. I'm not keeping my car there, however I was given the option to keep it with me if I wanted it there. Decided to save some money on insurance and have someone drive it back home til I go to Borden.

Back