• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

venom800tt said:
Im also flying from Vancouver to St. Jean on the 25th. My trade is ATIS Tech but I havn't got any military background whatsoever. Also im not in a good shape now, been training like a mad man and already went down to 190lbs from 215lbs in 3 weeks. I really hope we do the Force test as my push ups are childish. My run is improving alot though but I have a feeling the pushup would hold me back :(

Great job on trimming down! But I'm thinking it might be worthwhile for you to get pushing. Even if they give us the Force test, I doubt they're going to reduce the push-ups everywhere else. ;)

Markiron said:
Great job on trimming down! But I'm thinking it might be worthwhile for you to get pushing. Even if they give us the Force test, I doubt they're going to reduce the push-ups everywhere else. ;)

That's true, I watched the basic up vids and during inspection it looks like they'll find a excuse to give you minimum 25 push-ups  ^-^

venom800tt said:
Im also flying from Vancouver to St. Jean on the 25th. My trade is ATIS Tech but I havn't got any military background whatsoever. Also im not in a good shape now, been training like a mad man and already went down to 190lbs from 215lbs in 3 weeks. I really hope we do the Force test as my push ups are childish. My run is improving alot though but I have a feeling the pushup would hold me back :(

You still have time,  After two weeks you'll be able to do 25 pushups. Go for more though you have almost four weeks. You will also have to do much more than 25

Hundredpushups.com

Good luck.

j.maslow said:
just taking a look at the backlog here... but, i was also wondering what people have been told that they should bring with to make the winter months a bit easier??? still looking around, so not sure if there is a thread somewhere for this.

Too bad we don't have the issued kit now, j.maslow! -26, over a foot of snow has fallen (and still falling!), and blizzard conditions in Nova Scotia ... would have been a great day to play outside to prepare for Basic ;)

SJBeaton said:
Too bad we don't have the issued kit now, j.maslow! -26, over a foot of snow has fallen (and still falling!), and blizzard conditions in Nova Scotia ... would have been a great day to play outside to prepare for Basic ;)

So, I'm guessing the shorts and 2 work out shirts are going to keep us warm enough for the runs before kit gets issued lol.

Cbbmtt said:
So, I'm guessing the shorts and 2 work out shirts are going to keep us warm enough for the runs before kit gets issued lol.

Haha, I just bought my sport short/shirt and trying to figure out how does this work!! Specially the shirt is like running with lots of ventilation  ^-^

Hey guys, I received the call on Dec. 11th for Infantry (PPCLI) and will be starting with y'all on the 27th! Really looking forward to meeting everyone! Cheers and best of luck with your prep in the coming weeks!

Ps. Anyone else for infantry or any other combat arms trade?  :salute:

Are you guys in reg or reserve? my BMQ starts January 10 but I am in the Reserves.  Combat engineer anybody else?

hill212 said:
Are you guys in reg or reserve? my BMQ starts January 10 but I am in the Reserves.  Combat engineer anybody else?

I think all of us on this thread are reg force.

I'll be there. Going in as Infantry, regular force.

Flying out of Vancouver on the 25th.

Finally got the call!! Jan 27 is my start date. Sonar Op! See you guys there!

Chris_88 said:
I'll be there. Going in as Infantry, regular force.

Flying out of Vancouver on the 25th.

Hey, are you coming to the enrolment on 15th also? I'll see u at Yvr perhaps!

Anyone getting anxious yet?

Just under 2 weeks now until the Swearing in Ceremony... Almost there...

Also, anybody get any more tips on what we should bring along with us when we go?

Back