• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

j.maslow said:
Anyone getting anxious yet?

Just under 2 weeks now until the Swearing in Ceremony... Almost there...

Also, anybody get any more tips on what we should bring along with us when we go?

I'm so anxious! I got everything in order today, finally! The file manager said we are doing the express test as the force doesn't start until feb. 1st.. Anyone else know anything?

I'm bringing some things that are not on the list;

Some magic erasers, swifter replacements, an extra tooth brush for my boots, some hand warmers for your pockets, some non cotton tights for running, some runners gel stuff for chafing, tuque, gloves, 1 pair of track pants, 1 sweat shirt, lap top,  two decks of cards and some gold bond medicated foot powder.

Cbbmtt said:
I'm bringing some things that are not on the list;

Some magic erasers, swifter replacements, an extra tooth brush for my boots, some hand warmers for your pockets, some non cotton tights for running, some runners gel stuff for chafing, tuque, gloves, 1 pair of track pants, 1 sweat shirt, lap top,  two decks of cards and some gold bond medicated foot powder.

Swiffer, for sure. Makes keeping the dust down so much easier. (And yes, I'll be bringing a box too)

I haven't seen the kit list from CFRC yet, but I think the number one most important thing is a properly fit pair of running shoes. Running Room is your friend. :)

Hattie56 said:
I'm so anxious! I got everything in order today, finally! The file manager said we are doing the express test as the force doesn't start until feb. 1st.. Anyone else know anything?

I just got back from my enrollment. We were told we would be doing the FORCE test.

Chris_88 said:
I just got back from my enrollment. We were told we would be doing the FORCE test.

Thanks for the update, I've been calling the recruiter for couple of days now and couldn't get a hold of anyone to confirm which test to prepare for. Force it is then  :camo:

Well... I didn't make it for Jan, but I did for Feb 3rd!! Got the call today! So I guess I'll see ya's all there at some point or another. Good luck, I can't wait!

Does anyone know if we get our teeth examined cleaned during bmq or should I try to squeeze in an appointment?

Cbbmtt said:
Does anyone know if we get our teeth examined cleaned during bmq or should I try to squeeze in an appointment?

If you have to pay "out of pocket", I would forgo the treatment.  Once you're enrolled, all your dental needs will be met "free of charge".  Not necessarily during BMQ but at some point in time.

I literally cancelled my appointment for tomorrow because I knew there would be full coverage. :)

Be prepared to wait a while.  Possibly until your first posting, depending on how long your QL3 course is.  Normally they will only do what absolutely needs to be done.  Cleaning doesn't fall into that category.

PMedMoe said:
Be prepared to wait a while.  Possibly until your first posting, depending on how long your QL3 course is.  Normally they will only do what absolutely needs to be done.  Cleaning doesn't fall into that category.

:goodpost:

Thanks for that.  It's been so long since my recruit training but I couldn't recall getting any sort of "comprehensive" dental treatment until after I was posted for first time employment and like you said, unless it was "absolutely necessary".

Looks to be 3 Platoons starting on the 27th. Wonder where I will fall.

It also seems that they have clarified what fitness evaluation everyone will be doing. If Jan 27 BMQ is to do there fitness evaluation on Day 4 Week 0, then that would be Feb 1st, and so it would be the FORCE test.

amills990 said:
It also seems that they have clarified what fitness evaluation everyone will be doing. If Jan 27 BMQ is to do there fitness evaluation on Day 4 Week 0, then that would be Feb 1st, and so it would be the FORCE test.

That would be the 30th, the 1st is a Saturday.

As far as platoons, my enrolment letter said 0020. Does that not mean I will be in 20 platoon?

nice try though, maybe they will be nice and just let us use the FORCE.

Back