• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

Looks like we will not be doing the Express Test, as the info on the website has changed.

Initial Physical Fitness Evaluation

During the first week of basic training, candidates will undergo a physical fitness evaluation that will determine if they can go on with their Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) or Basic Military Officer Qualification (BMOQ) course. The test consists of the following three consecutive items:

20M Rushes
    Sandbag Drag
    Shuttle Run

Here are the perfomance objectives for each step:
20M Rushes

Description: Starting from prone, complete two shuttle sprints (1 shuttle= 20 m there, 20 m back) dropping to a prone position every 10 m, for a total of 80 m. Watch the video from the Personnel Support Programs (PSP) web page.
    Standard: 51 seconds

Sandbag Drag

Description: Carry one 20 kg sandbag and pull a minimum of four on the floor over 20 m without stopping. Number of sandbags being dragged depends on the type of floor. Watch the video from the Personnel Support Programs (PSP) web page.
    Standard: To be completed without stopping.

Shuttle Run

Description: Run continuously between two points that are 20 meters apart from side to side at a speed increasing by 0.5 km/h with each stage of one minute. The test is over once the participant can not keep up with the speed.
    Standard:
        Under 35 years of age:
            Men: Stage 6.0
            Women: Stage 4.0
        35 years of age and over:
            Men: Stage 5.0
            Women: Stage 3.0

You must achieve the standard for all of the three items in order to go on with your BMQ/BMOQ course.

If you do not meet the standard of one or more of the three items, you will join a specialized fitness training program that is also offered at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS). The program integrates overall health coaching, diet and a rigorous personalized fitness program that lasts a minimum of 28 calendar days and a maximum of 90 calendar days. From the moment you achieve the standard after the 28-day period, you are reintegrated onto a BMQ/BMOQ course. If unsuccessful at the end of 90 calendar days, you will be released from the CAF.

Interesting. I won't believe it until we are there and they tell us we are doing FORCE.

Sorry to jump in here - I'm not on the Jan. 27 BMQ - but, it seems as though they have cut parts of the FORCE eval for CFLRS? The PSP site shows a sandbag lift and intermitted loaded shuttles as additional parts of the test, though the CFLRS site is only showing the above quote. Are these two only for the yearly fitness eval after BMQ/SQ/MOC, etc., or are they being cut from the evaluation all together? Also, after you guys finish the 20m rushes one, you`ll have to get back to us on level of difficulty - it seems like a tough one.

They did not cut it, this is a temporary thing until April 1 when all 4 parts go live.

From CANFORGEN 142/13:

AS OF 01 APR 14, OWING TO THE OFFICIAL ADOPTION ON THAT DATE OF THE FORCE EVALUATION

And from the FORCE website:

After 1 April 2014, the CF EXPRES Test will be officially replaced by the FORCE Evaluation.

There's a huge thread on it under the Physical Training & Standards forum.  Have a read.

I read that already, we are doing the old test and are going to be one of the last courses doing the old ways ;)

You know what encourages me to do my push ups? I don't take a shower in the morning or go to the washroom until I've done 25 in a row. Get's easier daily ;)

ShaunaS said:
I'm also flying out of TO. Guess I'll see ya there!

I was actually given the wrong dates.  I am flying out Jan 11 for the Jan 13th BMQ.

I didn't think that the Force evaluation was taking effect until April... But, even then... I wouldn't go on hearsay until I was there and found out first hand. Either way, there will be plenty of running and push ups and sit ups...

Topic change here haha. lets say I get jan. 27 bmq. I'm certain we are going to be doing some  type of pt outside.. Do we have to buy our own gear for this, or is it provided? Maybe a silly question but I can't find answers.

I would assume, most of it, if not all of it would be provided. I would bring a set to be safe though.

For Christmas I got:

1 Large Hockey type suitcase or bag
6 pairs of matching underwear
18 mach 3 razor blades with mach 3 razor
1 laptop with carry case
1 pair of gloves and tuque
1 picture frame with picture
1 winter jacket
1 thermal pajamas
1 Iron
6 pairs of grey socks
1 inexpensive watch

Wondering where they got these ideas from? Merry Christmas all.

Cbbmtt said:
For Christmas I got:

1 Large Hockey type suitcase or bag
6 pairs of matching underwear
18 mach 3 razor blades with mach 3 razor
1 laptop with carry case
1 pair of gloves and tuque
1 picture frame with picture
1 winter jacket
1 thermal pajamas
1 Iron
6 pairs of grey socks
1 inexpensive watch

Wondering where they got these ideas from? Merry Christmas all.

i think we had the same list :) :snowman:

Hattie56 said:
Topic change here haha. lets say I get jan. 27 bmq. I'm certain we are going to be doing some  type of pt outside.. Do we have to buy our own gear for this, or is it provided? Maybe a silly question but I can't find answers.

just taking a look at the backlog here... but, i was also wondering what people have been told that they should bring with to make the winter months a bit easier??? still looking around, so not sure if there is a thread somewhere for this.

Im also flying from Vancouver to St. Jean on the 25th. My trade is ATIS Tech but I havn't got any military background whatsoever. Also im not in a good shape now, been training like a mad man and already went down to 190lbs from 215lbs in 3 weeks. I really hope we do the Force test as my push ups are childish. My run is improving alot though but I have a feeling the pushup would hold me back :(

Back