• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

ObedientiaZelum said:
How many of you meet the fitness standard?

I am working hard to get to the fitness standard. I am wary of pushing myself too far so I don't get injured.  Sit ups I have nailed down. No idea on hand grip.  Push ups I am almost there and running is coming along.  I can run longer distances than required but my speed needs to improve.

Tralax said:
I am working hard to get to the fitness standard. I am wary of pushing myself too far so I don't get injured.  Sit ups I have nailed down. No idea on hand grip.  Push ups I am almost there and running is coming along.  I can run longer distances than required but my speed needs to improve.

I found doing weight exercises like deadlifts, bendover rows, an d T-bar rows with relatively heavy weight my grip has gotten much stronger, however 75lb combined should be pretty easy to achieve. food for thought :) good luck on your test

Matt_k said:
I found doing weight exercises like deadlifts, bendover rows, an d T-bar rows with relatively heavy weight my grip has gotten much stronger, however 75lb combined should be pretty easy to achieve. food for thought :) good luck on your test

Mind you, it's 75 KG in combination of left and right hand scores.

Cbbmtt said:
So helping me make the bed works too haha. Man I'm in for it. I don't know how to iron, sew, shoe polish, starch and/or do hospital corners. I'll trade throwing anyone over a wall for assistance with any of the above.

Just say "Cobb" need a lift and I'm totally there.

Ha! Brilliant save, but not a chance ;) Well my friend, you've got about 6 weeks for the other stuff....I'm sure they'll instruct the way they want things done anyway!

Matt, regarding the handgrip, was writing 75lb a typo? It's kg....bit of a difference :) And I absolutely agree training with deadlifts/rows helps!

Yes, It was. Derp. :(. I'm just not looking forward to the shuttle, or running in general. But it won't be bad in time :)

if you can do 5 proper pull-ups, the hand grip should be no problem for you

Me, i have no issues with running or situps, me its push ups, I have a issue with pushups, i bend my hand causing my wrist to be parallel to my arm, instead of being at a angle, no matter how much i try cannot seem to correct it  :crybaby:. I am trying, but cannot afford professional help on near-minimum wage, too much going out, compared to what they pay me. If its Force, i am all set, should have no issues, i hope

This website helped me pass my express test, its is free as well.

There is also a .gif of a good form.

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.tlYslHAm.dpbs

Looks like we have a few from the hfx area going... nice to see a few of us are also going RMS... if anyone wants to meet up for a run ahead of BMQ... let me know...

Jason Maslow

You can always find me on face'crack' or msg me here...

ShaunaS said:
I accepted my offer for RMS on Friday. Fly out on Jan 25th..see you folks there! :)

Congrats ShaunaS... another one for the team.. I think you are number 3 for RMS.. should be fun..

Jason.

marinemech said:
j. looks like we swear in the same day

marinemech, not only that... but, looks like SJBeaton, you and I all were at the Hfx recruiting center for our CFAT, interview and medicals on the same day... what a coincidence...

Never even noticed that...LOL, we all leaving the 25th, if we are we are flying out around 1315 on Porter 420

marinemech said:
Never even noticed that...LOL, we all leaving the 25th, if we are we are flying out around 1315 on Porter 420

how do you know that? were you already given your flight information?

Speaking with the LS at the RC saying we are flying Porter, and only one flight on Saturday

SJBeaton said:
I believe I am prepared to meet the standards (push-ups, sit-ups, running, grip test, swim) but I would like to download an app or get access to the shuttle run somehow to practice beforehand.

That's a good idea. I'd imagine a lot of people who are on the infamous warrior platoon believed they were prepared. Better to know for sure.

Download the shuttle run track put it on an ipod and see how you do.

Awesome, congrats!! Where are you flying out of?

TKelite said:
Just received the call,  I shall be there.  Combat engineer!

When I did my BMQ, the majority of trades were Combat arms, the rest were techs of some type. In our sister platoon they were ALL techs and clerks, except for two Infantryman. It didnt make any sense to me whatsoever. But hey, such is life. Congrats to you guys. BMQ is one hell of a ride.

Back