• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islam and Western Society

Kirkhill said:
Brilliant article from The Telegraph by Kate Maltby
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/katemaltby/100286595/to-understand-isil-europe-must-remember-its-own-religious-history/

that last line, "Their peace is criminal too" just nailed it... Great read.

Even in a supposedly more secular Islamic country such as Indonesia, one encounters this from the radical clerics there...

Straits Times

Indonesian radicals protest against 'infidel' new Jakarta governor

JAKARTA - Hundreds of Islamic hardliners on Wednesday protested against the incoming governor of the Indonesian capital, labelling the Christian, ethnic Chinese politician an "infidel" and "the devil".

Basuki Tjahaja Purnama will be Jakarta's first leader from the tiny ethnic Chinese minority of the world's most populous Muslim-majority country, and only the second Christian governor to lead the capital.

Known by his nickname Ahok, the 48-year-old is now deputy governor and is due to automatically become leader when the current governor, Joko Widodo, steps down in the coming weeks to be sworn in as president.

Purnama's straight-talking, no-nonsense style and campaign for transparency in the graft-ridden nation has helped him win strong public support.

(...EDITED)

How fitting that the UAE's first female fighter pilot would be the one to ignite this debate in the Islamic world:

Christian Science Monitor

Islamic State: Arab female F-16 pilot stirs debate in Muslim world

UAE fighter pilot Mariam al-Mansouri shot to fame last week for her role in a US-led bombing campaign in Syria. While Americans hailed her pluck, for Arabs it's more complicated.

Last week Mariam al-Mansouri, a F-16 pilot from the United Arab Emirates, was introduced to the world. Smiling out from under her helmet and hijab after launching air strikes in Syria, part of a US-led campaign against Islamic State, her image went viral.

For some Americans, she was a sort of Katharine Hepburn meets Amelia Earhart who had shattered prevalent stereotypes of Arab women. A popular Internet meme reads: “hey ISIS. you were bombed by a woman. have a nice day.”

Her mission has aroused considerable “you go girl” sentiment in the Arab world as well, from Twitter to newspaper editorials.

(...EDITED)

I heard, therefore without verification, that if a Muslim man is killed by a female, he becomes an apostate. No virgins awaiting.

That's why the controversy of a female Muslim Fighter Jock Jill.

There was a story that her family have now disowned her as they're big ISIS supporters and are pissed off with her actions.  I say, good for her, her family on the otherhand, can all stuff themselves.

Rifleman62 said:
I heard, therefore without verification, that if a Muslim man is killed by a female, he becomes an apostate. No virgins awaiting.

That's why the controversy of a female Muslim Fighter Jock Jill.

I just asked the Jordanian's that I work with about this, and they confirmed this.  They think it's pretty funny actually.

jollyjacktar:
There was a story that her family have now disowned her as they're big ISIS supporters and are pissed off with her actions.  I say, good for her, her family on the otherhand, can all stuff themselves.

If the primary,secondary targets cannot be hit, rather than land with the munitions, she knows where to lay them!

jollyjacktar said:

So the fact that she's a fighter pilot (and not tucked away at home) was OK?  ???

Meanwhile...

Arkansas shooting range declares itself a ‘Muslim Free Zone’
Washington Times

The proprietor of an Arkansas shooting range announced on social media Sunday that she is banning Muslims from her establishment out of fear for the safety of her patrons.

“This is not a coffee and donut shop. This is a live fire indoor shooting range. People come here to buy, rent, and shoot lethal weapons,

(...SNIPPED)

Canadian Muslims, including the group NCCM, in the spotlight with this article:

Yahoo Daily Brew

Politics may be hindering Canadian Muslim effort to combat radicalization
Daily Brew – 15 hours ago

Ever since the 9/11 terror attacks there’s been a steady demand for Canadian Muslims to speak out against radical Islam.

But it appears an effort to do just that may have been partly derailed by politics.

The RCMP suddenly pulled out of a news conference Monday to launch United Against Terror [PDF], a pamphlet produced by two Muslim organizations with the help of the Mounties, who contributed a chapter to it.

Members of the Muslim community, surprised by the move, worry it could undermine efforts to build trust between law enforcement agencies and young Muslims who they hope to keep from becoming radicalized.

(...SNIPPED)

Since 9/11, some Muslims have complained about being harassed by CSIS agents and Mounties over their associations and attitudes, making segments of Canada’s million-member Muslim community leery of helping the authorities.

(...SNIPPED)

Besides the ISSA and the RCMP, the other main partner in the project was the National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM), whose involvement may provide a clue to what happened.

(...SNIPPED0

The council, formerly known as the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-CAN), launched a defamation lawsuit last May against Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Jason MacDonald, his director of communications, for comments linking the council to Hamas, which governs Palestine’s Gaza Strip and is listed as a terrorist organization in Canada.

The NCCM had demanded an apology after MacDonald lashed back against the council’s criticism of inclusion of a Toronto rabbi as part of Harper’s party during his state visit to Israel last year. Critics have claimed CAIR-CAN’s U.S. parent organization was a longtime Hamas front group.

(...SNIPPED)

Which may be the origins of vicious circle they feel they find themselves in.  They don't help for whatever reason, therefore they're view with suspicion (fairly or not), therefore they don't help, repeat cycle...

Dimsum said:
So the fact that she's a fighter pilot (and not tucked away at home) was OK?  ???
I suppose. 

I guess the aviator glasses is a universal thing among fast air folk?
mariam-al-mansouri.jpg

I thought it was a requirement for zoomies to hide their modesty.  >:D

Here is. I think, part of the reason so many of 'us' fear Islam and so many Muslims hate Christendom: too many of us are religiously isolated.

BzpGTOnCUAARhJj.png:large

The Middle East has a low level of religious diversity; North America has only, at best, moderate religious diversity. It ought not to surprise us when we/they don't understand that which is foreign to us/them.

E.R. Campbell said:
Here is. I think, part of the reason so many of 'us' fear Islam and so many Muslims hate Christendom: too many of us are religiously isolated.

BzpGTOnCUAARhJj.png:large

The Middle East has a low level of religious diversity; North America has only, at best, moderate religious diversity. It ought not to surprise us when we/they don't understand that which is foreign to us/them.

Or it could be the religion's foundation principle of jihad....

Matthew.

Kirkhill said:
I thought it was a requirement for zoomies to hide their modesty.  >:D

Preferred kit is a pair of Half Jackets or other suitable Oakley product.  Also common at a FDU where they are worn *up* negating need for head dress. 8)

Back