• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

Still not merit listed, thinking my interviewer was being optimistic about how fast the security clearance go. So looks like I probably won't make the next selection, on July 13th. Which sucks but I'll get there eventually. Just gives me more time to get into better shape. Went running this morning. Circuit training yesterday and tomorrow.

Anyone heard anything about any new RMS clerks from last weeks selection?  Or how many spots are left. I'm hoping there are some air RMS clerks left.

I just had my cfat on the 6th and got the email saying I successfully completed it and it is now being evaluated against other candidates, Im hoping for RMS as well but on the forces site it doesn't say they're hiring for that which worries me.... I'm already so anxious I want to get my interview and medical done. I was hoping for a late august early September BMQ but who knows.....

mellauren said:
Still not merit listed, thinking my interviewer was being optimistic about how fast the security clearance go. So looks like I probably won't make the next selection, on July 13th. Which sucks but I'll get there eventually. Just gives me more time to get into better shape. Went running this morning. Circuit training yesterday and tomorrow.

Anyone heard anything about any new RMS clerks from last weeks selection?  Or how many spots are left. I'm hoping there are some air RMS clerks left.

I hear ya on that one. This is week two of waiting (I guess really week 1 since nothing got done last week) to be merit listed. This part seems to be taking a while. I doubt I'll make it for the 13th either. But hey, maybe for the end of July right? Just gotta keep hoping. I've got everything crossed for a sept BMQ at the least

Yup. Still waiting here as well. Nothing back on my PLAR and nothing back from credit and reference check. This will be week 4 since it was sent and week 2 since they have been working on it.

Are you guys all checking in with your MCC for updates?  I found every 2 weeks was usually the way to go...

deskjockey43 said:
Are you guys all checking in with your MCC for updates?  I found every 2 weeks was usually the way to go...

See also,

"•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application."
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118929.0.html

One time I waited 4 weeks to ask for an update, only to find out that they did not have all my medical forms yet.  This was NOT because I did not send them in, but because my Dr's office had not forwarded them to the CFRC.  After that, I politely asked for an update every two weeks.

The same thing happened to me with documents except it was the recruiting centre who failed to tell me that there was extra forms to get filled out. It resulted in me waiting almost 2 extra months  :-\

I wouldn't of phoned at all this week cause I talked to my interviewer last week but I really wanted to see if I had been merit listed before this weekend to make the selection date next week. Was holding out hope for it but not so. Nothing to call about after this for a while. Nothing more then to wait for being merit listed and the next selection.

mellauren:  I get ya.  Nothing more frustrating than the response telling you basically "nothing new".  So tough to wait when it's so close you can almost taste it.  It will come....

mellauren said:
I wouldn't of phoned at all this week cause I talked to my interviewer last week but I really wanted to see if I had been merit listed before this weekend to make the selection date next week. Was holding out hope for it but not so. Nothing to call about after this for a while. Nothing more then to wait for being merit listed and the next selection.

DAA said:
Sounds like the reliability screening hasn't yet been finalized.  If that's the case, it could take another 3-5 weeks.

Can't say I didn't tell you so........

And you're probably still waiting for those checks to be started.  So the 3-5 week wait, is still pending.      :salute:

So how goes the prep for those of you that know your BMQ dates? And the physical prep for those of us that don't?
I just did a 5 km with my brother (holidays are wonderful, though still waking up at 5:30 to run)  still needs improvement but way better as I keep it up. Finally got a belt for water and I can carry my phone, anyone know a good running app?

I am collecting kit, arranging things at home, running around getting paperwork together and marveling at how the time seems to be flying by now that I know when I am leaving.  Since my civvy job has ended, I am getting up and hitting the gym every day as well.

mellauren said:
So how goes the prep for those of you that know your BMQ dates? And the physical prep for those of us that don't?
I just did a 5 km with my brother (holidays are wonderful, though still waking up at 5:30 to run)  still needs improvement but way better as I keep it up. Finally got a belt for water and I can carry my phone, anyone know a good running app?

My favourite running app is called "Zombies RUN!". It's the work of a genius.

Good luck Newport army!

Not much happening on my side, very busy with work, it helps keep my mind off what's happening (or not) on the CF front.  I promised myself I'd wait until the end of July to call for a status update.  Patience isnt really my strong suit.  As for fitness, my pushups are going well, I can do 25 but I admit that's at wide grip.  The narrow grip probably drops that in half but I'm still working on them.  And my running is a hit or miss.  I can do a 5k just not in my preferred time.  So I'm putting in some speed drills and intervals in hopes of dropping the time a bit.  I haven't started yet but I'd really like to be running a longer distance as well; soon.

Finally finally finally! Things are starting to get done on my file! I emailed the Lt working on my file yesterday to ask if there was any possibility of me being merit listed for Vehicle tech in time for the next selection date... next thing I know today I'm getting a call from the people working on my file asking for some info so they can start making calls and getting my reliability screening done!
They've been calling my old employers (that Garda didn't call) and my references... so yay! Hopefully everything works out good and I'm off to the merit list soon! They said as long as things go well and they can verify everything in the next couple days, there's a possibility I'll make it in time for the next selection... so fingers crossed!

Great news Colta. Glad things are moving again for you. Just a short stones throw away and you should be course loaded for a BMQ and off on your way!

Back