• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

Leeworthy said:
Great news Colta. Glad things are moving again for you. Just a short stones throw away and you should be course loaded for a BMQ and off on your way!

That's the dream!

Pushpin said:
Awesome news Colta!  The end is in sight for you!!

I hope! Watch it all stall out again... lol, positive thoughts!! Woosahh!

Had my interview today. Now my medical is being sent to Ottawa and all those lovely checks begin. I don't know when but pretty excited I've done everything now it's up to the system to process the rest!

Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Regular/ Reserve: Regular Army
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: RMS clerk
Applied: June 2014/ Reactivated May 2015
CFAT: Passed July 2014
Medical: July 2014/ Updated July 2015
Interview: July 2015
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

Hi there. I've applied for a traffic tech trade. Been in the process for a long time, well over a year.. I passed the aptitude test, the background and reliability screening as well as thr interview. I just recently, this past Tuesday completed my medical exam. Just waiting for the approval . I'm really hoping to start bmq in August . anyone have any insight on how long after the medical they got it approved ? Cheers

jonathancharrier said:
. anyone have any insight on how long after the medical they got it approved ?

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0/nowap.html

Hey jonathancharrier, everyone is different. I went for my medical on may 20, had to do a eye Dr form that went in on the 28th, it was sent in on June 30th and came back on July 16. But that's just an example. As for starting in Aug. Good luck on that because after the medical is the background check/reliability screening and that's taking longer then the Medical did. And then you have to wait for the selections. Basically what I'm telling you is doing hold your breath for an Aug date. But you never know.

@mellauren I have already passed my background checks. The medical is the last step of my process. On a side note. You don't know if they do fall intakes at bmq do they ?

Nice on the background checks, that will definitely put you ahead.
It doesn't say on the site if there are any after Aug 17. But they had them last year. So I'm assuming so. Hopefully they will update that soon so that I know of other possible dates I might get into.

Good luck everyone!!

I'm feeling a bit displaced lately.  I'm working for an awful employer and so I guess I'm feeling impatient about the whole process even though I fully was aware of the long wait times, in fact I wasn't expecting BMQ until next March!  But I also wasn't expecting to write the CFAT and get the interview and medical done in 2 weeks time so my plans got thrown around.  So on my next day off (whenever that is... one of my main issues at work), I've decided to head into my RC and chat with them again.  Perhaps they can let me know where my application is, I'm assuming I'm waiting for a clear on my medical but who knows.

As for now I'll keep running and cheering you all from my little corner until I too, can join you in the CF.  :)

Anyone hear anything from the selections on July 13th? Or know of any BMQ dates after Aug 17th? Wondering if they are still every week for a while longer or starts showing down.

One of my references let me know he got the call today. I'm pretty excited. I'm so hoping I get merit listed in time for the August 10th selection date - and that I get selected too!!!

3 more sleeps till swearing in!  Less than a week till I leave for bmq!  I am so excited that I am practically vibrating!  It is a HUGE life change, a bit daunting, somewhat overwhelming at times, but exactly what I want and I am so looking forward to the challenge!

At least you have time between swearing in and flying lol. I swear I'm Friday and fly Saturday. Trying to pack anything I may need and anything that may come in handy. Which isn't a lot but still seems to take up space. I am excited but worried I may not be able to do it at the same time. Mind tricks I play on myself.

I know exactly how that feels. The self inflicted mind games...but we shall stay positive and help our platoon mates stay positive as well.

Back