• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

I good luck you two. I hope you do great. I (and good luck to everyone else going soon too)  I hope to see you guys there soon, and that you'll be sharing all your newly gained wisdom with us. Lol

Good luck at BMQ!!  Let us know how it goes, I'd love to hear your experiences!

So I stopped in to my local RC today to see if he had any news.  He didn't, my file is still waiting in Ottawa to be declared medically fit.  He did let me know that there is a real chance that my file will be closed though on account of the trades being closed.  He even let me look at the file on his computer regarding what trades are open and still processing.  There isn't much.  We discussed that should I be declared medically fit, they will probably still process me until the official word to close the trade to even the processing files.  It's a bit of a blow but until the official word, I'll just keep doing my part to wait and get into the best condition for BMQ.  My running has come a long way, I ran a great 5k over the weekend in about 27 minutes and that was supposed to be my distance run day.  Today, I put in some sprints which didn't make me feel like dying so I'm taking that as a win, ha!  And my pushups are looking good, but sometimes a struggle to throw out more than 20.  As the fall approaches, the more I feel I'd rather attend BMQ in the spring anyway.  Here's hoping it happens one way or another!

Finally after a 15 month long wait, I got my offer today . I have a swearing in ceremony on August 17th and I start bmq on September 7th .. Occupation traffic tech!! My persistence has finally paid off. I hope this can be some inspiration and motivation for others who think the day will never come. I've thought about giving up and moving on lotd but I stuck with it.

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you all! Those who just had their enrollment ceremony! Those who got their offer! It's so exciting!

Congrats on the offer, that's a long wait.

Question for everyone, how do you stay motivated to keep working out when it is taking forever? I enjoy going and working out 2-3 times a week usually but I'm really trying to get fit for BMQ So 5 is better, but working 50 hrs a week and raising 2 young kids (2&5) and going 5 days a week is hard to do, and takes a lot of motivation, how is everyone doing it? (Guess it doesn't help that I'm going on 11 days of working straight)

Hi mellauren it was definitely hard to stay motivated but honestly these forums are great sources of motivation. I have a pretty lousy dead end job and am raising a 2 year old girl so that was huge motivation for me to keep pushing through. Good luck to you .. What recruiting centre are you dealing with? And where are you at in your application ?

I'm at the background checks stage, which seem to be what is the longest hold up for me so far. Not sure if it's because they didn't have my marriage cert. (Granted never asked for it). But then I know that there is a lot of BMQ in July/ Aug and again in sept. So they are probably going thru a lot of applicants right now.

Congrats Jonathan on your offer!  Traffic tech is on my list of trades as well!

Mellauren, staying motivated is hard.  And that's without work and a family on top of things.  I have no life so the gym has become my place to go.  With running, seeing the results of my efforts helps keep me going.  Sign up for some races, have some fun with your running if you can.  I signed up for a neon glow in the dark race in mid-August, I'm looking forward to it!  And this year, the Terry Fox run is being held on the Confederation Bridge, I definitely don't want to miss that!  And I'm joining a group of friends to do a team marathon in October, which I've been wanting to do for years.  So check your area, sign yourself up for a couple fun 5k races and enjoy running, if you can.
As for working out, switch things up if you can.  Try kayaking or a spin class.  Have you tried TRX training, it's one of my fave workouts.  My schedule as of right now is M-W-F, circuit Training in the morning, then T-TH and one weekend day, I do some sort of running.  I always take one day off.  Good luck!  You're nearly done the process and BMQ will be upon you soon!!

I stay motivated and work on my running by joining virtual run clubs and virtual races. You are held accountable as part of a team and you also have fun while doing it. The one I run with regularly is the Harry Potter running club and you can still get medals and stuff for doing the virtual races. There are also apps like charity mile that donate money to charity for every mile you run. I also try to turn my running in to a day trip ( I live in Calgary so I will take a trip out to the mountains to a trail specifically for a mountain run or really tough hike up a mountain).  Just a few tips that helped me that might help you guys?

Finally got merit listed on Friday. Hope that means I get a call soon. Fingers crossed.

Is there a website or something we can find out we are merit listed or do we just have to wait for a response to emailing our interviewer? Just reallllllly antsy here :)

Email, sorry newportarmy,  it would be a great idea if they had a site we could log into to check the status but not so. 

Guess what? I finally got an update. Everything has gone through except my medical which is currently being reviewed. Sitting at the five week mark, it's nice to know it's being reviewed and *fingers crossed* won't take that long for it to pass?

@newportarmy for me it was about 2.5 weeks after I did the medical that I got my job offer, so hopefully you'll be getting the call soon, good luck !

Congrats all. My application is now on hold for 30 days. Had some things on my credit i needed to clear up before i could be processed further. Just waiting for letters from the companies now showing i dont owe them anything. Hoping it doesnt set me back permanently. But just look on the bright side. Each day longer i am home is a day i can spend with my wife and children. Life is good.

Back