• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to survive the Zombie Apocalypse

Danjanou said:
Part of the reason he feels comfortable advertising his stash. You really want to go near that place? 8)

BTW I've changed my plan, East Coast here I come, I have a popcorn maker.
Now I want popcorn dang it.

Linking machine?  *holds up hands* That's my linking machine.

With the end of the world, lots of stupid regulations will also go out the window. I look forward to trying out my handyman skills to create a flamethrower. If that works well, I might consider the second project of creating a Soviet LPO-50 style flamethrower (much lighter without the pressurised nitrogen tank, but the cartridge pressurization system will take quite a bit of tinkering to get right).

For those of you who are going to back seat drive about how using clensing fire is dangerous, SO ARE THE FREAKING ZOMBIES! (espeially of one of them is Teeps. Yes, I'm coming for you!).

Think of all the other home improvement projects you have really wanted to do (like a bomb shelter under the tool shed like the one in Mr & Mrs Smith, or a moat) rather than building a deck or levling the paving stones on the sidewalk.

With the right attitude, the Zombie apocalypse can be the best of times...

Thucydides said:
With the right attitude, the Zombie apocalypse can be the best of times...
So true.  The lack of lines at the beer store alone make it a good time to be had.

Canadian.Trucker said:
So true.  The lack of lines at the beer store alone make it a good time to be had.

Ah, guns and the worlds supply of Jack Daniels..,...yes it could be fun. ;D

NavyShooter said:
Guests are welcome, so long as they bring 7.62 NATO and can learn how to operate a linking machine....

That is a tempting offer, I may take you up on it just before I retire.  I miss the GPig almost as much as I miss the C1!  I am getting old and sentimental.

heavy reader said:
The Centre for Disease Control in Atlanta has published some good SOPs and products wrt preparation for a Zombie attack.  http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

Yeah but look what happened to that place in the Offcial Zombie Survival Training Films er I mean the end of season one of The Walking Dead. I wouldn't trust em  8)

Yeah, like the man said, while they were committing sucide in the hallways, only the French stayed in their labs.  Take that freedom fries!

PPP released an interesting set of poll results for Halloween:

Halloween Poll Results
Our new Halloween poll finds that 62% of voters have a favorable opinion of Halloween. 26% of voters say they’ll be dressing up for Halloween this year. More Democrats (33%) than Republicans (23%) say they’ll be donning costumes this year, but among those more Republicans (95%) than Democrats (80%) said they had decided on their costume at the time they were polled.

Chocolate bars were overwhelmingly the most favorite type of Halloween candy, with 62% of voters choosing them and 11% picking candy corn, 7% for fruit-flavored candies and 6% opting for candy apples. 36% of voters wish they could still go trick-or treating.

37% of voters believe in ghosts, and 26% say they’ve seen a ghost. By a 52-40 margin voters think it’s possible for a house to be haunted, and respondents are split 47-45 on whether they be willing to sleep in a “haunted house” with men saying they’d be willing to by a 56-38 margin but women declining 39-51. 29% of voters say zombies are the scariest monster, with vampires (15%) werewolves (12%) and “something else” (17%) all reaching double digits. Ghosts got 6%, mummies and witches 5% and Frankenstein 3%. If forced to turn into a monster 27% of voters would choose to be a vampire, 22% a witch, 12% a werewolf, 6% a zombie and 25% something else.

Voters either have very high or very low opinions of their ability to survive a zombie apocalypse – 27% say they’d survive less than a week but 32% say they’d survive more than a year with the rest somewhere in between.

36% of voters say black cats are good luck, 23% say bad luck, and 42% aren’t sure. Democrats say black cats are good luck by a 43-20 margin but Republicans are split 31-26.

45% of respondents said they enjoy horror movies, and responses were split among several horror movie franchises when asked which was the favorite, with Friday the 13th, the Halloween movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Night of the Living Dead and Paranormal Activity franchises all cracking double digits among horror fans.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/HalloweenRelease%2BResults.pdf

Coming back from work this afternoon and spied a large billboard at the Bayridge Mall shopping centre (Kingston, Ontario) for "Zombie" Insurance. Somebody getting into the Halloween spirit.

MARS said:
'WW Z' trailer is finally released....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

Though it seems to be VERY different from the book, it looks like it will be epic. I am looking forward to it!

Zombies can't run. They shuffle along, feed on a stupid victim, then shuffle along some more.

Kinda like government.

Capt Lee Lambert, former padre for the Cameron Highlanders, has just published an entertaining zombie novel. Basic premise is that during the zombpocalypse a section's worth of RCDs and a hapless Reserve Padre get caught behind the FEBA 27km east of Arnprior, and have to make it back cross country to the 'stop line' that the survivors based out of Pet have established at the river / hydro dam. Pretty fun book, and being familiar with the terrain and about to track the characters' movements across real and familiar terrain features on Google Earth was fun.

Currently available for $3 in ebook format. I promise it's at least as entertaining as the equivalent two small double doubles.

http://www.amazon.com/Jacked-A-Novel-Apocalypse-ebook/dp/B009SPZ2EC

Jim Seggie said:
Zombies can't run. They shuffle along, feed on a stupid victim, then shuffle along some more.

Kinda like government.

I watched that trailer above...  :eek:

Not only do they run, but they build zombie pyramids to get over walls!

Zombie-treadmil-defense.jpg

I gotta rethink my plan and start running more and faster!

Brihard said:
Capt Lee Lambert, former padre for the Cameron Highlanders, has just published an entertaining zombie novel. Basic premise is that during the zombpocalypse a section's worth of RCDs and a hapless Reserve Padre get caught behind the FEBA 27km east of Arnprior, and have to make it back cross country to the 'stop line' that the survivors based out of Pet have established at the river / hydro dam. Pretty fun book, and being familiar with the terrain and about to track the characters' movements across real and familiar terrain features on Google Earth was fun.

Currently available for $3 in ebook format. I promise it's at least as entertaining as the equivalent two small double doubles.

http://www.amazon.com/Jacked-A-Novel-Apocalypse-ebook/dp/B009SPZ2EC

I bet the RCDs get stopped along the way to answer regimental history questions over the radio  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
I bet the RCDs get stopped along the way to answer regimental history questions over the radio  ;D

Or to spit and argue with some one how they are better than the Strathcona's.  ::) Best zombie defence move to and Island with strong tidal action.

Back