• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to survive the Zombie Apocalypse

The Yukon?

I'm thinking Vancouver Island, PEI, or Newfoundland....

Based on the parameters of the study, PEI is one of the worst places to go.  Yukon is rugged with few people,  but those who are there are well armed and know how to use their guns.

I should have read the article before commenting...

On the flip side, at least the zombies in PEI will be fat & geographically isolated. 

dapaterson said:
Good news for those who dislike Central Canada - Ontario and Quebec are the most vulnerable to a zombie apocalypse.  Best place to be?  The Yukon.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/where-s-the-best-province-for-surviving-a-zombie-apocalypse-1.3002668
And yet if one posits that zombies survive by eating brains, one would think Ontario and Quebec would provide scarce nourishment >:D

No need to worry about a zombie apocalypse.  Zombies can't repair themselves, so they'd wither away in a few weeks.  They'd dry out completely after a few weeks in the sun.  They'd freeze and be unable to move in the winter and freezing would destroy any of their tissues.  They'd be eaten by flies.  Zombies wouldn't last long.

But zombies aren't every going to be walking around so I guess we're talking about supernatural zombies . . .

I note that there are film crew signs around North Vancouver saying "iZombie" so it seems they are doing a another zombie film, if it's based off of iRobot then expect to see a zombie with feelings....

Maschinengewehr42 said:
No need to worry about a zombie apocalypse.  Zombies can't repair themselves, so they'd wither away in a few weeks.  They'd dry out completely after a few weeks in the sun.  They'd freeze and be unable to move in the winter and freezing would destroy any of their tissues.  They'd be eaten by flies.  Zombies wouldn't last long.

But zombies aren't every going to be walking around so I guess we're talking about supernatural zombies . . .

Stop with your logic, just stop that. 

I can't help myself.  It ruins most horror films for me.  The Walking Dead has bored me to tears for a few seasons.

Maschinengewehr42 said:
We once believed the earth was flat and sun rotated around us.

When my wife watched Iron Man, Tony Stark building a fusion reactor out of the junk heap wasn't an issue.  Her willful suspension of disbelief failed when she saw Pepper Potts sprinting on a metal grate in stiletto heels.

Maschinengewehr42 said:
Yeah, hey, I could be wrong.  I guess I won't be prepared for a zombie apocalypse.

You never know.  We never ever thought that an actor could become President either.  One became President, at least one became a Governor, and several have become Senators and Congressmen.  Go figure.

You never know.  It's true.  I try to remind myself on a regular basis that everything I think is right could be wrong.  First, I'll prepare for things that I think might actually happen.  Then, I'll prepare for a zombie apocalypse.

I think I'd start by fortifying my house.  Putting in a steel door.  Steel over the windows and so forth.  I'd also want some kind of armour that they couldn't bite through.  Maybe something lie chainmail even.  Stockpile plenty of food and water - that would be part of any sort of apocalypse plan.  I'd need weapons to defend my home from not only the zombies, but people who want my food and water.  I think a flamethrower might be useful.  Zombies should lose water as they go, so hopefully they'd burn up easily.

See, MG42, that wasn't so hard to suspend disbelief, was it?  ;)

Another week or so around here, and we actually have you buying guns.... :nod:

We could set up computer network via radio and post video of our best zombie kills.  It would be great.  I could mow down a bunch of them with an MG42.

The question would be though, if you gun down a bunch of zombies, would other zombies not be attracted to the pile of bodies, which, if you killed them too, would then attract MORE zombies that you'd have to kill...and so on and so on, resulting in you having to deal with an even larger group of zombies in the end? 

So instead of just killing zombies, is it better to hide and let them live/wither/die on their own? 

Or should you plan for long-range kills so that the dead zombies will be further away from your 'safe area' and will not be specifically attracted to your refuge.

That said, since zombies are already 'dead'....are you really killing them? 

And personally, an MG-42 with it's high ROF would be less than ideal unless you have to deal with a huge swarm of them.  It'd burn through your ammo stock way too fast.  Much as I like the MG-42, I don't think it's the right choice except for a swarm of them.

And now, back to reality....

No. Zombies are already dead, so they are not attracted to other dead things. They are only attracted to live things.

Agreed- automatic weapons are of limited value against zombies. A smaller calibre semi automatic that has decent accuracy (for those oh so important brain stem shots), a decent stand off range and an ability to be silenced- pure gold.

What to mean, back to reality?

;D

Why not a tank ?

You could use HE and flechette rounds for swarms and tracks as well.

Surly we have enough gas and ammo to put them away with no problems. 

Attract them en-mass into an area and just run them over.  If you get tracked, button up and wait it out.  Ain't no zombie getting through your armour.

:)

Whats that saying ?  "Through the mud the blood to green fields beyond" or something that effect ;) 

Well, you'd have to look at your situation and where you are. 

I agree with the small caliber firearm.  In fact any firearm where ammo and parts are easily found.  Shotguns and hunting rifles.  Anything else and you'll run out and likely not be able to find any more. 

Also people seem to think that monster trucks are the way to go.  Go with a small fuel efficient AWD vehicle.  Fuel will be a commodity that will run out quickly or become the new currency. 

Have a good hideout, out of the way, defendable and not conspicuous at all. 

Screw the tanks (maybe just to tow this though)

land-roller-21.jpg

Have a formation of 8 to 10 these rolling across the prairie.

Back