• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Has rank been watered down?

A policy on toque and saluting is not mentioned in the CFLRS SOPs, see: DWAN http://elrfc.saint-jean.mil.ca/fichiers/index.cfm?no_lang=31&no_menu=6&no_smenu=68&no_ssmenu=128

This might sound like a really dumb question, but what is an RSM?

RSM=Regimental Sargent Major which is an appointment

The rank one must attain to hold said appointment is Chief Warrant Officer

ONT said:
This might sound like a really dumb question, but what is an RSM?

You are a Pte with 4 RCR who is apparantly interested in, or attempting to, apply to CSOR and you don't know what an RSM is??

Something doesn't add up.

BulletMagnet said:
RSM=Regimental Sargent Major which is an appointment

The rank one must attain to hold said appointment is Chief Warrant Officer

I've also seen, rarely, a MWO fill the RSM position ( The Armour School had a MWO A/RSM back in '94 or so when I was there).

Alright I will clarify LOL

You can be an Acting RSM and be a MWO, however to actually properly fill the position by the CF TO&E as in permanately you must be a CWO

One must always be careful as to how the term "RSM" is used.  In the majority of cases a RSM holds the rank of CWO, but not all CWOs hold the appointment of RSM.

There is also another title of "RSM" that all CF members, no matter their rank, even officers, aspire to; and that is "Retired Service Member".

So be careful how you go about using the term in conversation and correspondence.

George Wallace said:
There is also another title of "RSM" that all CF members, no matter their rank, even officers, aspire to; and that is "Retired Service Member".

You really DO learn something new every day - never heard this term before today.  I guess I get to live the dream of being THIS kind of RSM now - thanks!  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
You are a Pte with 4 RCR who is apparantly interested in, or attempting to, apply to CSOR and you don't know what an RSM is??

Something doesn't add up.

I'm a Pte recruit with 4 RCR, I've only been in for less then a month without BMQ. That's why I was asking what an RSM is so I can gain some knowledge.

ONT said:
I'm a Pte recruit with 4 RCR, I've only been in for less then a month without BMQ. That's why I was asking what an RSM is so I can gain some knowledge.

'And with that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  TOPIC  CLOSED !

With a little bit of effort in using the SEARCH function this would have been answered pages ago.

Back