• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you tell what rank someone is in Civilian clothes?

That is basically the same as our 3B order of dress.
It is, but our current #3 dress is just our #1s without medals. What I am suggesting is that we develop a wash and wear #3 dress for office use, and leave the #1s for parades and such. This would allow us to develop a practical and more professional looking uniform for daily use, while not impacting our fancy clothes, or our combat uniforms.

The idea behind the old work dress wasn't bad, the problem was the materials and the cross over between it and #1s.

It is, but our current #3 dress is just our #1s without medals. What I am suggesting is that we develop a wash and wear #3 dress for office use, and leave the #1s for parades and such. This would allow us to develop a practical and more professional looking uniform for daily use, while not impacting our fancy clothes, or our combat uniforms.

The idea behind the old work dress wasn't bad, the problem was the materials and the cross over between it and #1s.

Or, you know, make sure that very, very few troops spend more time in the office than they do in the field. :)

Maybe bring back the Garrison Dress, but in Khaki. Add Velcro patches for badges. Allow for regimental customs, such as wearing peaked cap/glengarry and even the kilt (for ceremonial/formal functions) when appropriate. Have this order of dress be the minimum order of dress that anyone can appear in public, meaning that CadPat would be restricted to travelling between home and work and special displayed in public. Make it formal looking enough that it looks professional, but wearable enough that most tasks outside of a field setting can be done in it.

What are these and where can I get them!
I'm sure there are others but tried these and would recommend them;

https://magnetuck.com/products/magnetuck

I've had mine for about six or seven years now and haven't noticed any loss of the magnetism (which is really strong). I've forgotten about them and they've gone through the wash a few times without coming apart, and have never had them come apart unless I've taken them off. I put mine on the front so they kind of sit just below the belt in the puffy bit from the pockets, so you can't see them at all, but definitely keep the shirt from blooming out like an overfilled muffin.

I'm sure there are others but tried these and would recommend them;

https://magnetuck.com/products/magnetuck

I've had mine for about six or seven years now and haven't noticed any loss of the magnetism (which is really strong). I've forgotten about them and they've gone through the wash a few times without coming apart, and have never had them come apart unless I've taken them off. I put mine on the front so they kind of sit just below the belt in the puffy bit from the pockets, so you can't see them at all, but definitely keep the shirt from blooming out like an overfilled muffin.
Interesting. I wear the stirrup-style shirt stays on my mess kit and 3B shirts but they are inconvenient if you want to use the...uh...facilities.

Yeah, I'm a big fan. I've used those stirrup style ones as well but really like these ones. Once they are in place never really noticed them again, but did take a bit of trial and error to figure out where to put them so it was comfortable. I use two on the front and they kind of sit just under the belt line inside my hipbone and holds the shirt in place.

Not sure if you could put them on the back as well or if it would be comfortable, but definitely felt more presentable throughout the day and never felt the need to fix my shirt. Without them I normally fix my shirt pretty much everytime I stood up out of habit.

Anyway, much more practical then getting the cheap DEU shirts tailored only for them to last a few dozen wears, but also use it in civies, so pretty handy. Like the fact that you can just clip them onto any shirt your want with zero modifications, and the price seems fair given that you may never need more than one pair of them, unless you lose one or something. Plus in a pinch I used it to hang up a wet canex jacket on the outside of my locker to dry, so it's a pretty strong little magnet that you can play around with.

But the #3s are washable. (Maybe not the tunics.) I've been machine washing and drying mine on delicate for the last decade. Hang them up straight out of the dryer and they only take a couple minutes to iron. Even when I wore them every day, I didn't find they wore out more quickly than those of my coworkers who dry cleaned theirs. And shirts from the cleaners are seldom properly pressed.

But admittedly, I am a dinosaur.

Allow for regimental customs, such as wearing peaked cap/glengarry and even the kilt (for ceremonial/formal functions) when appropriate
The kilt sucks when worn daily in an office setting. Everyone loves a good pair of trews worn with a snazzy tunic. I always felt like this guy when I wore trews.

Attachments

• Herb.jpg
    Herb.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 2
Honestly, what drugs was the person who proposed this on?

It's one thing to be wearing combat clothing in an office environment, but to create a completely different uniform, specifically not for the field, but making it camouflage? wtf?

I think we have the questionable distinction of being the only army to wear OD combats in the field and camo in offices.

Back