• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

I really don't understand how anyone can expect or wish Israel to show restraint when you read things like that. I don't know what's worse, being a slave/concubine or being dead.

I watched that last night. Morally corrupt thy name is western higher education.
You know it's strange. When I went through university a few decades ago the vast bulk of us were there to get an education. There were a few folks who were in the less difficult faculties who constantly ran off at the mouth and got into the student union and ran the university paper. This small group were rabble rousers and everyone, including the administration, left them to play in their own sandbox and didn't pay much attention to them.

Somewhere since then administrators started kotowing to their ridiculous demands and social positions. My guess is that the vast majority of students are still there to get an education and wander past the protests. There seem to be just enough critical mass to these movements so that administrators don't confront them for fear of being labelled with one or another of the derogatory adjectives du jour.

It's sad. Education matters. There is too much proselytizing going on in schools these days whether its old far right religious beliefs or the newer far left dogmas.

🍻

Interesting comments on X…what if the question were asked by the Congresswoman about hate speech against African-Americans at Harvard, MIT, Penn State? Probably would have gotten a different answer…context being different an all.

Contextual Ethics is a pretty impressive mental gymnastic routine, even for so-called academia…

Interesting comments on X…what if the question were asked by the Congresswoman about hate speech against African-Americans at Harvard, MIT, Penn State? Probably would have gotten a different answer…context being different an all.

Contextual Ethics is a pretty impressive mental gymnastic routine, even for so-called academia…
Major donors are starting to pull their endowments and donations to those universities. There is also a push to stop hiring graduates from those places.

You know it's strange. When I went through university a few decades ago the vast bulk of us were there to get an education. There were a few folks who were in the less difficult faculties who constantly ran off at the mouth and got into the student union and ran the university paper. This small group were rabble rousers and everyone, including the administration, left them to play in their own sandbox and didn't pay much attention to them.

Somewhere since then administrators started kotowing to their ridiculous demands and social positions. My guess is that the vast majority of students are still there to get an education and wander past the protests. There seem to be just enough critical mass to these movements so that administrators don't confront them for fear of being labelled with one or another of the derogatory adjectives du jour.

It's sad. Education matters. There is too much proselytizing going on in schools these days whether its old far right religious beliefs or the newer far left dogmas.

🍻

Those arts majors became professional students living off government grants to earn their PhDs in Marxist Basket Weaving which got them tenured positions in all of those newly created universities. They then taught a generation of seminarians their catechism and released them on the Public Service, the Media and the Schools.

All under the guise of the Information Society where nobody would have to work and everybody would have a degree.

🍻
The problem is simply this - those left to wander around babbling and playing in their sandboxes stayed at the Universities because the vast, vast majority were actually smart enough to realise that they'd never survive on the 'outside'. So, they stayed at the Universities and got their MA's and eventually PhD's from those universities and eventually they got hired under this programme or that programme to represent the current make-up of today's society. Now, they are protected by the unions within said universities, they have tenure and now they control the sandbox and who plays in it and they are now out to run the control freaking system of higher education.

The problem is simply this - those left to wander around babbling and playing in their sandboxes stayed at the Universities because the vast, vast majority were actually smart enough to realise that they'd never survive on the 'outside'. So, they stayed at the Universities and got their MA's and eventually PhD's from those universities and eventually they got hired under this programme or that programme to represent the current make-up of today's society. Now, they are protected by the unions within said universities, they have tenure and now they control the sandbox and who plays in it and they are now out to run the control freaking system of higher education.
I have a very good old friend. He was born in the UK, he's Welsh, born in Wales actually and moved to Canada when he was 9. His father was a Lawyer back in the UK who taught Law and got a position at the University back where I grew up. When my friend turned 11, the family moved to Jamaica for 2yrs where the father taught Law there before moving the family back to my home city and returning to teaching Law at the Uni. My friend did his high school in 4yrs instead of 5yrs, so when we started grade 13, he was already done all that. He and 2 others did the same thing and they all moved to Australia for a year, travelling and working their way around there. He returned in the fall in time to start University with us back home. He did his BA (3yr BA, not a 4yr degree) and his B. of Education and then moved off to Japan to teach English for the next 3yrs. He came back home and then did his MA in Education, got married at home and then moved back to Japan for another 3yrs. He came back to Canada again to do his PhD at U of Toronto and his wife did her MA at U of Toronto at the same time. He graduated at the top of his class after 4yrs. So, now this fellow was born in Wales, lived there for his first 9yrs, lived 2yrs in Jamaica, in Australia for 1yr and a further 6yrs in Japan (and he spoke the language fluently). When he started applying for jobs in Canada at Canadian Universities in his field - he NEVER got a single interview, not one. At the same time he applied to a handful of US universities and each one of them brought him down for an interview and of the 6 US universities he interviewed at 5 of the 6 offered him a job - and offered to fully pay for his wife to complete her PhD. Needless to say he is jaded on Canada and never expects to come back here. In case you were wondering what's his of study - its applied linguistics in the Dept of English - plenty of CDN universities offer this field of study.

Major donors are starting to pull their endowments and donations to those universities. There is also a push to stop hiring graduates from those places.
Replying to myself.

This humanitarian CRISIS can easily be lessened if the Arab world, which has endless money from oil reserves, would start taking on mass amounts of refugees. No one is talking about why Egypt is keeping the border closed, but European nations openly welcomed Ukrainians when Russia invaded. I wonder why there is such a difference……
Jordan tried that once. Didn't go too well.

Manga Kick GIF by DAZZLE SHIP

FAFO, Ivy League Edition.

I'd like it to go one step further- the clients and customers of any law firm or other business of any kind that intends to hire any of these cretins should demand the offers be withdrawn or they will send their business to firms that have already done so. Make this a supply chain wide policy. The lists of names are out there- make it happen.

Speaking of universities, and U of M, my old alma matter and one of my old classmates, Gail Asper, is in the news. Not a fan of the liberals nor of Izzy Asper for that matter, but this article was right on.

Good for Gail and good for U of M.

Asper’s daughter grateful for U of M action on posters targeting late philanthropist, business leader​

Carol Sanders
By: Carol SandersPosted: 7:39 PM CST Thursday, Dec. 7, 2023
Izzy Asper’s daughter says she’s grateful to the University of Manitoba for its swift action removing posters calling her dad a fascist and denouncing them as antisemitic and hateful.

“We were obviously very shocked and upset to hear about the poster maligning my father at the University of Manitoba,” Gail Asper told the Free Press Thursday.

“I’m very grateful for their defence and support of my father.”

University staff removed 70 posters Wednesday demanding that the U of M stop honouring the late media mogul and philanthropist, after whom its business school is named.

The anonymous posts accuse Asper — who served as a leader of the Manitoba Liberal party and spearheaded the campaign to build the Canadian Museum for Human Rights — of supporting the radical right-wing and promoting division in the world.

Tensions have spiked on university campuses across North America and beyond since Oct. 7, when Hamas militants attacked Israel and that country’s ongoing military response that followed. Instances and accusations of antisemitism and Islamophobia have risen significantly,

Many of the posters at the U of M were put up in and around the Asper School of Business.

The university denounced them as hateful and antisemitic, and pointed to the family’s contribution to the school and province, at large.

“I’m very, very proud of the contributions that Izzy Asper made, first as the Liberal leader of Manitoba back in the ’70s, when he introduced the very first bill of rights into the legislature, which unfortunately didn’t pass,” Gail Asper said after the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce annual State of the Province luncheon.

“He was deeply committed to the charter of rights. His commitment to human rights led him to spearhead the creation of our beautiful Canadian Museum for Human Rights.

“I think his outstanding contributions to Canada are something we can all be proud of.”

Izzy Asper announced plans for the creation of a world-class museum dedicated to human rights in the spring of 2003. He died six months later at the age of 71.

Former NDP premier Gary Doer and former Winnipeg mayor Glen Murray worked first with Liberal prime minister Jean Chretien and his successor, Conservative Stephen Harper to make Winnipeg’s human rights museum a reality.

Gail Asper said she spoke to Premier Wab Kinew before his speech to the business community Thursday to thank him for stepping up to serve at a time when it’s not easy to be in politics.

“I really, really appreciate the people who say they’re going to try their best to make the world a better place,” she said.

“What I really hope that he can do is bring a positive feeling to being Manitoban, and appeal to our better sense to work together respectfully because I know that when we all work together we can achieve great things.”

carol.sanders@freepress.mb.ca

🍻

Muslim donors (voters) are leaving the Liberals now.
And that was what Trudeau was afraid of. His policies/announcements are based on votes to remain in power.

Finally, yesterday, after how long and how much confirmed evidence:

Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly is condemning sexual violence committed by Hamas during its attack on Israel, after weeks of pressure to speak out. "Using sexual violence as a tactic of war is a crime," Joly wrote Thursday on X, formerly known as Twitter.

You would not see commentary like this in the Cdn media.

‘Cannot be trusted’: Sky News host slams media ‘echoing’ Hamas claims​

Finally, yesterday, after how long and how much confirmed evidence:

Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly is condemning sexual violence committed by Hamas during its attack on Israel, after weeks of pressure to speak out. "Using sexual violence as a tactic of war is a crime," Joly wrote Thursday on X, formerly known as Twitter.

You would not see commentary like this in the Cdn media.

‘Cannot be trusted’: Sky News host slams media ‘echoing’ Hamas claims​

…just took 1/6 of a YEAR…

Back