• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Give Peace a Chance" Private Member's Bill

the 48th regulator said:
Also in the news....

Roiders - Mr. Bill Siksay, Canadian MP, who proposed a new private members bill which would introduced a "Department of Peace" has borrowed a page from some of his previous political predecessors.

"Although they were Liberals, some of our former Prime Ministers used famous people to help them endorse some of their Ideas.  Pierre Trudeau paraded John Lennon around, Paul Martin chummed with Bono.  I on the other hand, being NDP, will n ot use the schlocky musician type activist.  I would like to invite Alec Baldwin and his members of F.A.G to contribute in making this Bill a reality"

He further went on to say, that clips of news coverage on Youtube, where mister Alec Baldwin, and his colleagues were voicing ideas that were innline with his own ideas.  He further provided a clip that convinced him the most;

Film Actors' Guild Video

dileas

tess

It amazes me how actors think they are qualified to give advice on a situation they know nothing about.
It scares me that people listen to said actors.

to the honourable member from Burnaby—Douglas:

Sir - please put the crack pipe down

bdave said:
It amazes me how actors think they are qualified to give advice on a situation they know nothing about.
It scares me that people listen to said actors.

I know,

As soon as I hit the link, I was shocked at what they were saying.

Damn that Matt Damon, and I liked him in Saving Private Ryan.

dileas

tess

"Matt DAAAAAAAAAAAMON!"
damon-team-america.jpg

Couldn't resist...

3rdroyal said:
What should be created is a Department of Realism, whos sole responsibility is to hear all ideas before they are presented, and say "Hey, that sounds feasible" OR "Shut up, give your head a shake, that is just stupid".

I'll second that!
Next ethnic cleansing (..cause we all know its gonna happen) I wanna see a C-17 airdropping leaflets from the Dept of Peace.It's cheaper than paying all those brutal soldiers,not to mention VAC will not need to aid those getting hurt saving tax payers dollars.

Then they can argue at Parliament if it's working. Slowly as side X gets exterminated the fighting will stop.Then the Dept of peace can claim victory.Mere fractions of the tax payers dollars and the conflict will end.

Win-Win.

X-mo-1979 said:
... ,not to mention VAC will not need to aid those getting hurt saving tax payers dollars.

- Hey! Don't count VAC out: remember when our WW2 vets started dropping like half-filled sacks of grain in the nineties?  VAC was about to go out of business. Then some smart bureaucrat launched the PTSD thing.  Next thing you know, every time somebody saw their rep about a bad knee, is was a constant "Are you sure you don't have PTSD? Are you SURE? Are you REALLY REALLY SURE (wink-wink)?"  Voila!! VAC is alive and more expensive than ever.  Guvmint jobs and careers are secure.

Why does Monty Python suddenly come to mind?

Department of Funny Walks may be next on the Private Members Bill agenda.

I'm all for it as long as they have balloons, balloons rock!

Balloons that have "Peace F**king Rocks!" printed on them,...

That would rock!

If everybody had free "Peace F**king Rocks!" balloons then we wouldn't have to fight!

"Peace F**king Rocks!" balloons and free Dr. pepper!

Rock on!

Balloons and Dr Pepper cost money.  I wonder what new budget would be authorized by TB to fund this Dept?

Even scarier...........Would this open the doors for Stephen Staples to become a high ranking Federal Civil Service Mandarin?

George Wallace said:
... Would this open the doors for Stephen Staples to become a high ranking Federal Civil Service Mandarin?

Oh, I hope so; he's well equipped to be a eunuch.

TCBF said:
- Hey! Don't count VAC out: remember when our WW2 vets started dropping like half-filled sacks of grain in the nineties?  VAC was about to go out of business. Then some smart bureaucrat launched the PTSD thing.  Next thing you know, every time somebody saw their rep about a bad knee, is was a constant "Are you sure you don't have PTSD? Are you SURE? Are you REALLY REALLY SURE (wink-wink)?"  Voila!! VAC is alive and more expensive than ever.  Guvmint jobs and careers are secure.

I'd advise that you pull your head out of your ass.

You have absolutely no knowledge of the process, and this type of dinosaur attitude is how people get hurt.  I work within the system, and I can guarantee you that there is no fucking wink-winking going on.

Keep up this line of talk, and you will be introduced to the warning system.  You have an agenda, voice it elsewhere.

The forces are a changing, T, and you can either be part of the Steam roller, or the pavement.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

the 48th regulator said:
I'd advise that you pull your head out of your ass.

You have absolutely no knowledge of the process, and this type of dinosaur attitude is how people get hurt.  I work within the system, and I can guarantee you that there is no fucking wink-winking going on.

Keep up this line of talk, and you will be introduced to the warning system.  You have an agenda, voice it elsewhere.

The forces are a changing, T, and you can either be part of the Steam roller, or the pavement.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

- Tess,

Your guaruntee is worthless - I was the one being interviewed.

I respect what you have gone through and what you will continue to go through as a result of your service, but that does not lessen the realituies of the experience of others.

My head is not where you said it is, as I can see another clear desert night.

The Forces are a changing?  I agree - I am still in the Forces.  Oh - they may not be changing quite the way you think they are.

If having a chip on one's shoulder was pensionable, you'd be raking in millions. Time to put the cross down and get on with your life.

Back