• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gift Idea for Ex-Military?

BadgerTrapper

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I don't normally post here, tending to lurk in the shadows and learn through osmosis. I was wondering if you people could make suggestions as to what a good gift would be for a Vehicle Tech (22 Years) turned teacher? He's a great guy and was instrumental in my deciding to join the Military, he's being surplussed from our school district and will probably re-enlist. I want to get him a gift, though I've no idea what to get. I appreciate any help or suggestions you can give. My extent of gift giving tends to be Knives and Jewellery, a Knife may be an option. . .  Like I said, any help would appreciated! Thanks guys and Gals,  :cdn: -Patrick

It's not always the gift but the thought behind it.
As his future is uncertain maybe a gift certificate/card to a local restaurant or chain of restaurants would be a good idea.
Be sure to include a small note as to the reason  for your gift, such as your appreciation for his valuable guidance.

X Royal said:
It's not always the gift but the thought behind it.
As his future is uncertain maybe a gift certificate/card to a local restaurant or chain of restaurants would be a good idea.
Be sure to include a small note as to the reason  for your gift, such as your appreciation for his valuable guidance.

I think an actual gift that will last might be a fitting expression of his career thus far, and his effect on yours.  Maybe something he can use in his 'new' career back in the CF, or for recreation.  A place like Mountain Eqpt Co-op has some nice outdoors stuff, just as one example - check out their 'Electronics' page - and if you include a gift receipt he can always exchange it for something else.  Ditto for Lee Valley Tools, which has some good multi-tool-type knives.  I think they both do mail-order.  How much $ are you looking to spend? 

I agree on the note or card. 

Nice thought on your part, to ask this question. 

Back