• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Garth Turner

a_majoor

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
OK so Garth is only in it for himself, but this poll result suggests he has really stepped off the end of the world:

http://www.bloggingtories.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3440

And while we are at it...

http://www.haltonsearch.com/hr/mcc/story/3801981p-4397695c.html

"The verdict is in -- many residents want Halton MP Garth Turner to maintain his status as an independent politician."

"While 30 per cent of the residents urged him to go Green, 65 per cent vouched for remaining independent. Nobody voted in favour of the Liberal option, while five per cent said they were undecided."

Garth Turner was getting lonely I guess. He's not a floor crosser though as he was kicked out of the CPC for being disloyal and indiscreet. He could have remained as an Independant but they really have little or no influence over what goes on and the media pay no attention to them at all. Garth Turner is a media hog and I'm sure he couldn't bear being a nobody.....He is right about one thing he's a pain and Dion will likely rue the day he took him in. Course Mr Dion is hungry for a little press himself ;)

True Stripes are showing,  to disloyal and indiscreet I would add oportunist. Fortunately he will now lose his seat.....Political whore, sadly he fits in the system very well.

My father has met him on a number of occassions and tells me he is one of the most smug little pricks you can ever imagine, and that although my father is a long-term conservative voter, if Garth was in his riding he would've voted against him on principle.

Matthew. 

Apparently "Indies", Garth without a Party, can't issue tax receipts for campaign contributions.  Not that I'm in any way suggesting that'd be an issue for him ;)

All I know is that he was critical of Stephen Harper for some floor crossing shenanigan's vis a vis David Emerson.  Now he is one. Go figure.....

I am very disappointed in Garth. He was my MP in late 80s early 90s, I voted for him and he had good views on conservatism. He is now nothing but a farce to all he ever preached. More effort should have been taken to bring him back into the fold even if he had to stand in the time out corner for awhile. Strategically it was an error. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  They really have to do something about floor crossings.  Emerson, Stonach, KHAAAAANNNNN! and now Turner.  They all damage the democratic process.

I disagree, they were all elected.................hows that not democratic?

Bruce Monkhouse said:

+1 Bruce.
Newfoundland was horrible for this until lately.As my father said yesterday:"If the Liberals put a goat up to run in our elections up till lately he would have got in".We now have a conservative,first one since confederation.People are getting away from the b/s of voting for who their great granfather voted for and basing their vote more on what the person has said he will bring to the area.

I do however understand that people vote in members due to their belief in a party to improve/maintain their area.However more thought should be going as well to the member him/herself.

May be a little off topic,but thats my view.

Bruce Monkhouse said:

I didn't say it was not democratic.  I said it hurts the democratic process.  I'm starting to sound like a broken violin but like it or not, most people in this country vote by party colour or by leader.  i voted Conservative in my riding based on the party platform and the fact that Stephen Harper looked liked a leader.  I don't even remember the name of the conservative candidate that ran in my riding, (it's been liberal for a while).  When someone decides to switch, without considering the constituents that sent you there then there is a betrayal of the democratic process.  How many of theses yahoos have actually waited until an actual election to make their switch?  Probably not too many.  Why?  Because as nice as it is to think that people vote for people that isn't the case.  It's national politics, not voting for the town reeve cause he's a nice guy.

+1 Crantor,

You are spot on. It is high time that floor crossers pay the price of a by election on the move. That is democracy.

I know the Halton area well. It really does strike me as a conservative area. He would have been better to remain an independant.

Floor crossings have gone on several times this government.

ArmyRick said:
I know the Halton area well. It really does strike me as a conservative area. He would have been better to remain an independant.

Floor crossings have gone on several times this government.

I agree....conservative area....Tories should find a high profile candidate and run his butt out of the riding!!

Back