• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Game Changer

Flatliner said:
Well it is getting late in the year for them to be scheduling interviews.

True, I'm guessing nothing will happen until the new fiscal year. Until then I have a couple minor details to fix, one of my references I was told is inadmissible.  It's hard for me to come up with 4 references as per the guidelines.because I've worked at the same company for so long. I'm gonna talk to a couple of the project superintendents I work with a lot see if they are OK with providing a reference. I don't work directly for them but they do supervise my crew cause they look after the whole project. Unless that whole sum of years known thing is still in effect if that's the case then I'm golden. Anyways I'll probably be lacking in the update departmentioned for a while, unless something changes drastically. You guys who are moving on best of luck to you !!!

References were tough for me too. I didn't work until I was 18 and have only had a couple of different jobs since then. Different positions for the same couple of companies more than anything.

I got a call a couple of weeks ago from Garda - apparently they take care of some background/reference checks for the CF and they needed more references since they couldn't reach some of mine. At that point they were okay with a total of x amount of years instead of the mandatory duration per reference.

Oddly enough, I got my offer later that same day.

In the meantime, see if you can reach some of your old supervisors and ask if you can use them. Even as a backup plan for future references if the forces doesn't pan out. You never know right?

Good luck!

Flatliner said:
References were tough for me too. I didn't work until I was 18 and have only had a couple of different jobs since then. Different positions for the same couple of companies more than anything.

I got a call a couple of weeks ago from Garda - apparently they take care of some background/reference checks for the CF and they needed more references since they couldn't reach some of mine. At that point they were okay with a total of x amount of years instead of the mandatory duration per reference.

Oddly enough, I got my offer later that same day.

In the meantime, see if you can reach some of your old supervisors and ask if you can use them. Even as a backup plan for future references if the forces doesn't pan out. You never know right?

Good luck!

Ya like I mentioned I already got my old supervisor on there but I figured the reference thing out yesterday at work so I'll be good to go on that front! And like I said before I got a good job right now, but I want an amazing career and feel like the CF is where I can do the best with that goal in mind! I've also changed all my clocks and phone to 24hr time hopefully I'll avoid Monday's disaster if I get another shot!

Back