• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Game Changer

Rexracer said:
Because I'm doing the air crew portion, it requires additional screening. The test they performed at the cfrc was obviously done at no cost. I'm not sure if there will be reimbursement or not but I'm going to claim it on my work plan which will reimburse me. It's only 110$ I mean it cost me 90$ to fuel my truck a week not the end of the world

Ohh ok I see haha I was just thinking of all of this research I've done and I haven't once heard about that but it makes sense!

Moore said:
Ohh ok I see haha I was just thinking of all of this research I've done and I haven't once heard about that but it makes sense!

Neither had I, however I was given the option an chose to get it all done now vs having potential delays later. Anyways I was supposed to be prepping a new project today but it got pushed back so I ended up with the day off went ahead and finished all the tests which will hopefully have the results to my doctor by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, fill in the blanks and fax it off to the cfrc and then back to waiting

Rexracer said:
Neither had I, however I was given the option an chose to get it all done now vs having potential delays later. Anyways I was supposed to be prepping a new project today but it got pushed back so I ended up with the day off went ahead and finished all the tests which will hopefully have the results to my doctor by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, fill in the blanks and fax it off to the cfrc and then back to waiting

That's sweet man maybe you'll be done in time for possible selections in December I think?

Moore said:
That's sweet man maybe you'll be done in time for possible selections in December I think?

Is there a page somewhere that has the section date info? Or are people getting that info from the CFRC? It would be nice but I won't hold my breath!  Because I might die haha. I don't know if my background has been checked yet either. There seems to be a lot of variation as to when it gets done. I'll ask my file manager when I send over the test results where my file is at

Ya so I just got a call from my doctors office that all my test results are in unfortunately the guy is unavailable till next Friday. Unless the stars align I won't be able to get time off work to deal with it all Friday :(  I'll just have to see how the week plays out maybe get creative with my route and start time at the job site

Moore said:
Nice looks like we are both heading on to the same tineline. Good luck! :)

Thanks boys!!!

Nice, I really wasn't expecting it considering I just put my extra medical stuff in the day before. But the last two times I've been by the recruiting center there's been guys waiting for interviews!

Good luck to you too Moore !!!

Rexracer said:
Thanks boys!!!

Nice, I really wasn't expecting it considering I just put my extra medical stuff in the day before. But the last two times I've been by the recruiting center there's been guys waiting for interviews!

Good luck to you too Moore !!!

Congrats on the interview. One more step you'll be able to check off.

Flatliner said:
Congrats on the interview. One more step you'll be able to check off.

Ya if I don't overthink the hell out of it!!! Got some nerves today. Last time I went for a job interview I was 18 and it wasn't something I wanted to do this badly!! Spent the morning just trying to stay busy. I've actually run our of awst post to read lol. I'll let you guys know how it goes !

Rex, the interview isn't too bad. Use your enthusiasm to help you prepare and just make sure to really study your selected trades and know yourself. By that I mean know why you are applying and what makes you think that you deserve a spot. Practice a few examples as to why you fill the bill.

I've interviewed for a lot of positions, held 5 different ones at my last place of work alone. I found the forces one to be a bit more relaxed because it was something I really want so all of the hours put in to reading about my trades and the forces in general.

Prepare, practice, and keep the enthusiasm.

What a disaster!!!! I'm pretty mad at myself at the moment. Somehow I got the time mixed up. I was just arriving when I got a phone call wondering where I'd been. I apologized and will have to reschedule. I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment. Call it a practice I guess just can't make the same mistake twice

Rexracer said:
What a disaster!!!! I'm pretty mad at myself at the moment. Somehow I got the time mixed up. I was just arriving when I got a phone call wondering where I'd been. I apologized and will have to reschedule. I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment. Call it a practice I guess just can't make the same mistake twice

Wow... That's not good man. Sorry to hear that. You'll be waiting quite awhile more now, good luck on the next go around.

Moore said:
Wow... That's not good man. Sorry to hear that. You'll be waiting quite awhile more now, good luck on the next go around.

Ya the guys at the front desk were making fun of me a bit, but they were like don't beat yourself up it happens a lot. I'll just have to kill it is all. Won't be rid of me this easy !!!

Sorry too see that man, hopefully you're not waiting a super long long time to get rescheduled, I know the struggles of the New West Recruiting center...... the guys at the front desk are pretty good about things usually. The one that usually sits closest to the door is a pretty funny guy.

Ya I hope I can get this turned around in the next little bit I'll find out later today I guess I left a message for my file manager yesterday

Something similar happened to me at the medical. They weren't scheduling any medicals in my home province until some time in December but wanted to get mine completed so they booked mine in the next province over - only about a two hour drive away so no big deal. The email that I received from them said it was at 9AM but when I got there they said I was late and it was at 8AM.

Turns out they made the mistake when they put it on their schedule and it was actually at 9AM. They saw me anyway though since they weren't too busy, which was really lucky.

Flatliner said:
Something similar happened to me at the medical. They weren't scheduling any medicals in my home province until some time in December but wanted to get mine completed so they booked mine in the next province over - only about a two hour drive away so no big deal. The email that I received from them said it was at 9AM but when I got there they said I was late and it was at 8AM.

Turns out they made the mistake when they put it on their schedule and it was actually at 9AM. They saw me anyway though since they weren't too busy, which was really lucky.

I wish that was the case.

More bad news "interview reschedule cannot be processed until further notice". I don't even know what to do now

Rexracer said:
I wish that was the case.

More bad news "interview reschedule cannot be processed until further notice". I don't even know what to do now

Well it is getting late in the year for them to be scheduling interviews.

Back