• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

>Our problem has become America's problem, and America can't tolerate a neighbour that can't keep its problems on their side of the border.​

Pity we're not Mexico.

Chillaxin’ Panda thinks you need to stop being so angry with others…maybe take a hot soaking bath, or try some yummy bamboo for a snack…
View attachment 68648
I give a compliment and people get all pissy.

I guess I will stop giving compliments

Chris Evans Oops GIF

It's weird how you take my opinion and Trudeaus opinion as one and the same.

Why is that?
I used your comment as a reference to Trudeau's comments about not negotiating while quoting Trudeau's comment about dialogue befitting democracy.

>Our problem has become America's problem, and America can't tolerate a neighbour that can't keep its problems on their side of the border.​

Pity we're not Mexico.
That’s interesting. I wonder what the ripple out from this will be with their making sure of their security going forward 🤔

For those not living in downtown Ottawa, here's a brief sample for what's been going on for the past week or so.

Hit the nail on the head

Hit the nail on the head
100%

I would argue that blockading routes to prevent citizens from exercising their legal rights to do business and intimidate them into complying with their demands is violence. Just because they aren't physically touching you doesn't mean it isn't. If a Russian Navy fleet showed up outside Victoria and blockaded the port that would be a act of war, not protest.

The thing about having rule of law is that sometimes you do need to use violence to maintain it. Downtown Ottawa is one thing (and I still don't agree with blockading the routes of passage there), but blockading the borders is another. It is time to move the police in, and if they don't want to go peacefully, then slowly escalate up the force until they have all been arrested or dispersed. If the military must get involved than so be it.

If we don't do something about it quickly, we are setting ourselves up for this to be the standard for the next round of protests for whatever cause decides to pop up.

Don't worry - I'm told it's all about the COVID measures ...

From the website listed on the "warrant" ...

More on the Republic of Kanata here - self-published bio of the guy behind it all here.
Some people are absolutely fine with all of it. Even cheerleading this mess.

Meanwhile. Interesting how the financial aspect of this works and is evolving.

Back