• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I have no doubt there Americans are forcing our hand.

Oh well, I only pray there is no violence. We don't need to turn these people into martyrs.
Not only that they are Canadian for the most part. Let’s keep that in mind.

As an observation where were all the mayors when BLM et al protests were ongoing? I may have missed them.

As an observation where were all the mayors when BLM et al protests were ongoing? I may have missed them.

I think the BLM protests in Canada were actually dispersed much quicker than this one has been let to go on.

The BLM protests were pretty tame.

I think only Montreal had issues of vandalism and the police took action three hours into it. Declared it illegal and started making arrests. Premier Legault and the mayor Montreal at the time denounced the actions.

Ottawa non violent BLM protest shutting down a key intersection was stopped three days in. All were arrested (and subsequently released)

Toronto and Vancouver had no issues.

I may have missed something though but those ones off hand.

So the government(s) is(are) keeping information from the public. You don’t see that as having any impact at all to citizens’ trust?
So you're good to go with governments sharing tactical response details with the public? 😉

The BLM protests were pretty tame.

I think only Montreal had issues of vandalism and the police took action three hours into it. Declared it illegal and started making arrests. Premier Legault and the mayor Montreal at the time denounced the actions.

Ottawa non violent BLM protest shutting down a key intersection was stopped three days in. All were arrested (and subsequently released)

Toronto and Vancouver had no issues.

I may have missed something though but those ones off hand.
Its rather telling that the convoy occupation/protestors expect special treatment from police when it comes to enforcement.

First nations and POC just expect the cops to bust their heads open for protesting.

Sounds like the Americans will not let our government kick the can down the road on this one, they want action.
Oh, so it’s not just the City of Ottawa’s problem anymore?
So you're good to go with governments sharing tactical response details with the public? 😉
There is reasonable balance to be had. I get primarily from Chief Sloly that things are so bad, that asking for ‘the Army’ still remains on his wish list, but I personally think that there’s room to provide more than just how many tickets we issued and protestors arrested…because without any more, the extreme handwringing from Chief Sloly about potentially (finally?) asking about calling in the Army makes many wonder if there’s an Oka brewing…?

I do not think the info flow is balanced yet. I’m being expected to ‘trust us’ says government, but between the municipal floundering and the federal gaslighting, there’s not much there.

To date, Doug Ford, contrary to many prognosticators, he’s actually shown a modicum of grip on things after Tactical/municipal floundering and predominantly an endless vapid word salad coming out of federal politicians.

Sounds like the Americans will not let our government kick the can down the road on this one, they want action.

I want to remind everyone that politicians don't direct police in a democratic society,
but sometimes they give the attorney general a little nudge.

First nations and POC just expect the cops to bust their heads open for protesting.

Yeah, those are the ones they remember and talk about for the media. They don't talk so much about the ones where they are allowed to protest for weeks and months at a stretch.

So it's like a longshoreman's strike and we should settle by meeting their demands quickly?
Not in the slightest.

This is less of a strike and more of a tantrum.

This does not need to be entertained in the slightest. Which is why there are no negotiations with the PM or any of the premiers. Just enforcement.

Not in the slightest.

This is less of a strike and more of a tantrum.

This does not need to be entertained in the slightest. Which is why there are no negotiations with the PM or any of the premiers. Just enforcement.

"On farmer protest, PM Trudeau commended efforts of the Government of India to choose the path of dialogue as befitting a democracy,"

One of those classic rules for thee moments.

Back