• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

And lets be serious, this is an anti-Trudeau thing more then mandates....
QFTFT

FYI, here's what OPS is sharing publicly as of 2109E (highlights mine -- archived link in case previous link doesn't work & attached) ...
The Ottawa Police Service has made multiple arrests in relation to several enforcement actions related to the ongoing demonstration.

On Sunday:
  • Two people were arrested on Coventry Rd. for mischief
  • Multiple vehicles and fuel have been seized.
  • Officers arrested three individuals at Metcalf and Slater for mischief. The investigation is ongoing and updates will follow.
  • Two more people were arrested this morning. One person was charged for driving while prohibited and the other for mischief relating to property damage of a downtown business.
  • The OPS issued a warning earlier today advising the public that anyone found bringing fuel to the demonstration trucks in red zone could be subject to arrest and charges. This is effective immediately.
  • Confederation Park has been fully cleared and fenced.
  • More than 100 Highway Traffic Act and other Provincial Offence Notices were issued including excessive honking, driving the wrong way, defective muffler, no seat belt, alcohol readily available and having the improper class of driving licence.
Further updates and charges will follow tomorrow.

There are over 60 criminal investigations so far related to the demonstration. They are primarily for mischief, thefts, hate crimes and property damage.

To date, the Ottawa Police Service has received 100 Ontario Provincial Police officers to assist with Ottawa demonstrations. We thank them and our other policing partners for their continued support.

Attachments

• News and Media - Ottawa Police Service-062119E Feb 2022.pdf
    265.9 KB · Views: 0
Taking out their logistical support is smart, eventually you bleed them dry. But by the same token if they run out if fuel, then OPS will have to tow them all out
Using the OC Transpo wreckers since the commercial tow/recovery community gave OPS the 🖕🏼.

Still interesting no more word on the arson allegation. Maybe OPS and By-Law officers were to busy getting ready for the upcoming flurry of ‘loud horn’/‘faulty muffler’/stopping in a No Stopping zone tickets… EDIT: Beyond Brian Lilley commenting about it being terrifying…but not terrifying enough to call the police or fire services???

🤔

Using the OC Transpo wreckers since the commercial tow/recovery community gave OPS the 🖕🏼.

Still interesting no more word on the arson allegation. Maybe OPS and By-Law officers were to busy getting ready for the upcoming flurry of ‘loud horn’/‘faulty muffler’/stopping in a No Stopping zone tickets…

🤔
Imagine... people practicing civil disobedience being disobedient LOL

It's literally the entire point of protesting. Like do people not understand what a protest is?🤣

Imagine... people practicing civil disobedience being disobedient LOL

It's literally the entire point of protesting. Like do people not understand what a protest is?🤣
I really don’t think this current crop of protesters do. It’s one thing to express and protest. It becomes something else when it turns to occupation and extortion. (Not my quote but appropriate).

I really don’t think this current crop of protesters do. It’s one thing to express and protest. It becomes something else when it turns to occupation and extortion. (Not my quote but appropriate).
This entire thing has been percolating under the surface for a while. As I said in earlier posts, some of us have been warning people for quite some time that this would be the consequence of continued restrictions and coercion against groups that didn't want to comply.

You didn't listen to us and now when crap hits the proverbial fan you want something done about it. Easy to say do something when you aren't the one that has to pull the trigger. This protest will probably be suppressed but the next one will be even bigger and it will reach a point where it can't be contained. You don't attempt to coerce 10% of the population in to doing something they don't want to do and not expect blow back.

POLITICAL DIALOGUE is the only way out of this mess long term.

Back