• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Free rides for military personnel on RCAF flights?

devsnrnco

Inactive
Reaction score
I've heard that it's possible to view a list of operational flights from within the DIN/DWAN and to reserve a spot for a free flight. Can anyone confirm this? I have a Reservist friend who recently got a free flight between 8 Wing Trenton and 14 Wing Greenwood but she didn't know how it happened because a friend arranged it for her.

mckenziepiping said:
I've heard that it's possible to view a list of operational flights from within the DIN/DWAN and to reserve a spot for a free flight. Can anyone confirm this?

Not sure if the links still work. But, you may find this from two years ago helpful. ( In case you have not yet seen it. )

Catching CF Flights around Canada.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/99421.0/nowap.html

There is a 1-800 # included.

If you contact most RCAF Wing Air movements units be it an AMS, MAMS or Traffic section they should be able to give you a list of upcoming service flights. If the flight is authorized for General Leave you would contact the National Passenger Service Center out of Trenton and book your self with a simple form via email or fax. Disclaimer  - Air Mobilty is not responsible for your well being or plans. AM will strive to stick to the plan but once on the Aircraft you are on their itin, also a flight one way does not mean a return flight - this is the major draw back to Service Air. Good Luck, a good place  to start is the 2 AMS DWAN site from Trenton.

Back