• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Following basic training...

what happens after basic training?

• right to training?

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • home again ?

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Lil_T said:
I know NETP and battleschool is nothing new.  Just the timing of doing it has changed. 

If you look at the other naval trades on the recruting website, you will see NETP mentioned in between BMQ and QL3 courses.

ok.  I just know that my husband did it right after his 3's oh so many years ago when he was posted to Halifax.

Lil_T said:
ok.  I just know that my husband did it right after his 3's oh so many years ago when he was posted to Halifax.

Just like the SQ should be taken prior to the QL3, sometimes its just not possible to schedule things in the ideal sequence for several reasons.

indeed-  where did you find the NETP info?  I'm still looking for it.  what trade were you looking in?

-found in the hard sea trades, but isn't mentioned at all in the RMS Clerk training info.  Neither is SQ or Basic Air Environment Qualification for that matter.  It seems a little misleading.

Lil_T said:
-found in the hard sea trades, but isn't mentioned at all in the RMS Clerk training info. 

I take it that you accepted an offer for RMS and a Naval environment uniform ?

Neither is SQ or Basic Air Environment Qualification for that matter.  It seems a little misleading.

No, it is not.

well - I'm still waiting on my offer, but seeing as that is my only choice and the environment I asked for - that's what I'm running with.

I think they should provide at least a blurb or disclaimer stating that, you know, depending on the environment you go into you will be completing the respective training.  It's not mentioned at all for the RMS Clerk trade or other support trades, so it appears that support trades don't complete that training when in fact they do.

Lil_T said:
well - I'm still waiting on my offer, but seeing as that is my only choice and the environment I asked for

Remember that bit about over-thinking ?

What you asked for and what you get are mutualy exclusive. You are already spining about a course you may or may not have to take ( and you cant predict when you will be sent to take it) and basing that spinning on an offer that you havent gotten yet.

Relax.......everything falls into place in due course.

Indeed - however, I like to have contingency plans.  Would they offer me something I didn't even ask for?  Oh lordy here I go again  :-\

Lil_T said:
  Would they offer me something I didn't even ask for? 

They very well could come and offer you RMS but in an AF or Army uniform. Then you realised you spun yourself over NETP for nothing......see what i'm driving at ?

Theres a difference between contingency planing and spining yourself up.

True.  That being said I really really don't want an army uniform....  :-\

Lil_T said:
True.  That being said I really really don't want an army uniform....  :-\

Unfortunately for you, this is a strong possibility.

Good luck, hope you get what you want.

You do relaize that being in a Purple trade, though not common but it could happen that you could be forced to change uniforms at any time.

Lil_T said:
I confirmed today at the RC that new recruits (barring Air Force) have to do some sort of battle readiness training on top of what is taught at BMQ.  For the Army it's SQ (Soldier Qualification) Gagetown (?) and for Navy recruits it's NETP (Naval Environmental Training Program) either in Halifax or Esquimalt. 

SQ is run at all the Infantry Schools/Dets across Canada

Also some Navy an Air Force pers do SQ. If you are a Med Tech for example you have to do SQ. Dunno of any other Navy/Air Force pers have to do SQ.

-Skeletor- said:
SQ is run at all the Infantry Schools/Dets across Canada

There is only one Infantry School and it is located at CTC Gagetown. The term I believe you are looking for is Battle School.

NFLD Sapper said:
There is only one Infantry School and it is located at CTC Gagetown. The term I believe you are looking for is Battle School.

Yea thats what I meant; thanks for the correction.

NFLD Sapper said:
You do realize that being in a Purple trade, though not common but it could happen that you could be forced to change uniforms at any time.

I know that as a purple trade I can be posted to any base in Canada or abroad (if the powers that be so wish it) and that I would wear whatever uniform would be required of me at said base (e.g. wearing CADPAT at any Army or Air base), but I would still BE Navy (if that is the branch I'm assigned to)  my name tapes would have that nifty anchor on them, and I'd still wear the black beret.  You don't switch environments willy nilly based on where you're posted.  I also know that you're only allowed to change uniforms once during your career (twice, if that second time you go officer). 

Lil_T said:
You don't switch environments willy nilly based on where you're posted.  I also know that you're only allowed to change uniforms once during your career (twice, if that second time you go officer). 

The CF can make you change environmental uniform as it sees fit.

Lil_T said:
And why exactly would they see fit to do that? 

Beats me but i've seen it happen enough to know its entirely within the realm of the possible.

Back