• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Following basic training...

what happens after basic training?

• right to training?

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • home again ?

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Lil_T said:
And why exactly would they see fit to do that? 

Because within purple trades there are still quotas for how many people within that trade can wear green, black and blue uniforms. Now if say the army DEU was understrengthed and the navy DEU overstrengthed due to releases or other reasons, it would be completely fathomable to see some pers switched from one DEU to another. But then again you could wear a navy DEU and never serve on a Naval base.

Run away gun said:
Because within purple trades there are still quotas for how many people within that trade can wear green, black and blue uniforms. Now if say the army DEU was understrengthed and the navy DEU overstrengthed due to releases or other reasons, it would be completely fathomable to see some pers switched from one DEU to another.

that seems so random. why does it even matter anyway? 

I'm really going to have to stop asking why so much aren't I?

Lil_T said:
that seems so random. why does it even matter anyway? 

Thats outside of your control......for now its "over-thinking"

I'm really going to have to stop asking why so much aren't I?

Asking "why ?" is fine, you just have to know that sometimes you will not understand the answer. Dont over-think it as it is outside of your control.

Hey Lil_T;
I hope the process isn't driving you too crazy.  Yes, most environmental training will take place between your BMQ and QL3 or BOQ (Basic Occupational Qualification) training.  I am an Air Force trade as a Meteorological Technician and the process is changing after this pilot BOQ course.  New Met techs will have to do SQ and the Basic Air course before BOQ.  We are also ALL being posted to Gagetown.  So much for being Air Force :S  Purple trades matter very little in the military, definitely sent to where you are needed and you will take the course required for whatever element you have to work with.  When I am sent to ship I will then have to take my Navy Environmental Training.
Don't worry about what's going to happen after basic, just put your head down and focus on one day at a time, the military will do what they want :S   I know how you are feeling though, I was living the "what if" life last year.  "What if" I get accepted, "What if" I pass/fail basic, "What is" I make the list for this next course.... It never ends, just live in the now and enjoy yourself where and when you can.
Good luck, I hope your offer comes in soon and you get the first bit of insanity over with quickly.  "Living the dream" 

yeah, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm living the dream.  It's almost painful and sickening when you're thisclose to something you've wanted for 13/14 years.

CDN Aviator - I'm going to apply that now.  Else I'm just going to drive myself crazy in the coming weeks and I don't want that kind of medical category before I even get started.  :-\

I will be joining the military full time in jan 2010- when i am finished basic training do they send me right away to start my medic training?

highlander85 said:
when i am finished basic training do they send me right away to start my medic training?

Maybe, maybe not. Alot can happen between now and Jan 2010.

*looking back at my old posts*  man I was neurotic. 

Now, I'm just waiting and annoyed and waiting.  ;D

since February - but since I couldn't go anywhere due to hubby being deployed, I told the MCC and file manager that I couldn't leave til May.  So I wait.  I'm just annoyed now that the June BMQs are starting to fill up and still no phone call.  I know there's still time - and I'm not really upset about it - just annoyed. 

I don't even know why, it's not like there's anything close to consistency in the CF at all. (speaking purely from personal experience)

Lil_T,
I know how you feel. I am waiting since February...of last year!  ;D  It's been over 14 months since I applied. But I got the word yesterday that I will be merit listed this week. So it could be that the waiting part will be over soon.  :salute:

14 months???  Sweet Jesus on a piece of toast.  I hope it will all be over soon. 

I'm a bundle of nerves this week anyway.  A little more information would be nice to have.

Lil_T said:
14 months???  Sweet Jesus on a piece of toast. 

:rofl: I never heard that before!
Relax, you'll do fine.  ;)

Back