• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Following basic training...

what happens after basic training?

• right to training?

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • home again ?

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
S

SigOp Guy

So yeah, I go in for BMQ on Jan 11/05  ;D and I was wondering how long after I finish that will I be doing SQ? I'm going Reg force.

TIA for the answers

I had students who waited a year in between ........but that sillyness should be over !! 

A year? Damn!! Hopefuly you and Kevin_B are right and it starts almost right away. Thanks guys!  :salute:

should be right away. esp for regs because they typicaly plan the two together as it is a basic course.

reserves it will be the next summer

zerhash said:
should be right away. esp for regs because they typicaly plan the two together as it is a basic course.

reserves it will be the next summer

And exactly hat world do you live in ??  When i taught at CFSME, the PAT platoon had guys waiting for SQ that had been there for 1 to 2 years waiting.  We finaly had to get soldiers onto the QL3 without the SQ course just to get rid of them !!!  Because BMQ mixes trades from all 3 environments, they cannot always coincide with SQ, the various QL3s or other career courses. If you are a reservist, do not presume to know how it often happens.  I would hope that the military has gotten its act together but i am also a realist....be prepared to wait !

that sounds pretty rediculouse, but it wouldnt surprise me

I'm not kidding....we had some guys who were almost eligible for their cpl's after the QL3, they had spent so much time on PAT .........it got so stupid, we had 130 PATs in the school !!!

thats one way to spend your contract

when are you eligable for tours?

send em on GD?

They were sent to 5 RGC and 4 ESR to do some kind of OJT..........no tours of course as they are not MOC qualified

from what i know (which isnt much)

when reserves go on tour they get dropped a rank

does that happen in the regs?

does your pay grade get dropped also?

regs dont drop in rank or pay !!!

Reservist do because you do not have the training and experience (in most cases but not all) that comes with that rank for a reg force soldier.   My QL6A field engineer was 6 months and the reserve one is 6 weeks. Therefore you cannot expect a pres MCpl to be able to perform the tasks expected of a reg MCpl.

I know a reservist who was bumped up from MCpl to Sgt(acting though) for a tour.

Depends on trade and time in/courses completed, and what position your going for on tour.

another one of my so many questions....
Right after St-jean, (reg force), when you are done with your bmq, where r you posted until you go do your MOC training? (sorry if i dont have the right term for it, if I dont, please correct me!)
I mean, i suppose there is a waiting period, depending on what time your MOC training is beginning, so where r you supposed to be during that time? do you stay at st-Jean or do you go at the base where you will eventually begin your SQ or MOC training? do you go home???
thanks again, guys!

Généralement, les gens en attente ne sont pas gardés à St-Jean.  Ils sont envoyés à la base où leur formation post-QMB est donnée.  Si ton ami est Génie de Combat, ca sera probablement à la base de Gagetown au Nouveau-Brunswick.

Montréal - Gagetown = environ 9-10 heures de route.  Je l'ai fait assez souvent  :p  Je ne voyageais que pour les longues fins de semaine.

loll à pied, c'est tu faisable??? maudit, dis moi pas va falloir non seulement m'acheter un char mais que je passe mon permis de conduire?   :p c'est quand meme plus loin que st-jean. btw, le nono qui est à st-jean en ce moment, l'a déjà fait a pied, montréal st-jean... ca se peut-tu? lollll pense pas qu'il la refasse, celle-la.

helene_alone said:
loll à pied, c'est tu faisable??? maudit, dis moi pas va falloir non seulement m'acheter un char mais que je passe mon permis de conduire?   :p c'est quand meme plus loin que st-jean. btw, le non qui est à st-jean en ce moment, l'a déjà fait a pied, montréal st-jean... ca se peut-tu? lollll pense pas qu'il la refasse, celle-la.
Tout est faisable à pied - suffit d'avoir le temps   ;D   Y encore l'avion.   Ma femme est venue me rejoindre en avion à Gagetown pour ma graduation il y a toutes ces années...

i heard you go to whats called a PAT platoon. don't know where though

j'ai entendu que vous aller à ce qui s'appelle un peloton de PAT. ne savez pas où cependant

sorry if my french is wrong. It's not my first language

Back