• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feature Requests

SevenSixTwo said:
Also, airmich it IS under your PERS.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough.  I know our successful streak (the highest that we've reached) is in PER.  But what I'm looking for is what our current streak is.  Meaning that after a failed mission we start counting again and it would be nice to know where we are and if we might get passed our current high streak.  Does that make any more sense?

My streak is 46.....my current streak (how  close I am to beating 46) I have no idea....it would be nice to know!

NavyShooter said:
The real percentages in Timmies are about 1:15 of winning stuff (based on keeping records last year.....out of over 60 coffees bought over the course of a week by guys in my office, we won about 15 "things"....coffee/donuts/muffins/etc.)

Maybe a 1:15 chance of winning your coffee back (free trip to Tims)

A 1:50 chance of winning 5 CR's

a 1:100 chance of winning 1 MP

Not enough to make folks want to go and waste all their CR's there, but enough to reward them occasionally when they do.

NS

This is an awesome idea. I second this.

SevenSixTwo said:
I fully agree with this. I HATE mission progression especially since the double equipment every time you rank up is completely unbalanced.

Also, airmich it IS under your PERS.

The increasing equipment thing gets kind of annoying, especially when you have to buy 200 cups of tea for a couple of shuiras. Can't we just buy a kettle and a set of cups?

Who really drinks that much tea? Well at least the cream and sugar doesn't come extra.

SevenSixTwo said:
I fully agree with this. I HATE mission progression especially since the double equipment every time you rank up is completely unbalanced.
The funny thing is that I was joking. If we didn't have mission progression, then I would be able to sit in Canada for my entire tour collecting Int. Progression is good, and the reason it gets up to situations where the equipment is unbalanced is because you're supposed to move on to the following missions.

A suggestion, not exactly for the game itself, but for the toolbar at the very top of the page, under Forums, would be to include a shortcut to the Afghan Ops Game Discussion forum, instead of to just the game itself.

(Sorry for the run-on sentence)

NavyShooter said:
The real percentages in Timmies are about 1:15 of winning stuff (based on keeping records last year.....out of over 60 coffees bought over the course of a week by guys in my office, we won about 15 "things"....coffee/donuts/muffins/etc.)

If you bought 60 coffees and won 15 things then the chance of winning is 1:3. You win once every four times you play (60/15 = 4), making the ratio one win to every three losses.

Sorry Armoured 29,

I made an error in that.  It was about 1 1:15 win:coffee ratio, meaning it was about 4-5 items we won in the office.

NS

crooks.a said:
The funny thing is that I was joking. If we didn't have mission progression, then I would be able to sit in Canada for my entire tour collecting Int. Progression is good, and the reason it gets up to situations where the equipment is unbalanced is because you're supposed to move on to the following missions.

The biggest problem is just how much equipment costs.

MIIIIIIIIIIKE.

I propose that instead of having to buy more equipment, have it such that your equipment needs to be at a certain level.

For example:

Missions:
» Smoke dope with Shiura leaders. -25CR, +114CE
Requirements: 1x tea 2x dope 2x modified CBRN mask 1x bribe
Success Probability: Guaranteed (95%)
Proficiency level 1

Then:
Missions:
» Smoke dope with Shiura leaders. -75CR, +220CE
Requirements: 1x tea 3x dope 2x modified CBRN mask 3x bribe
Success Probability: Reasonable (60%)
Proficiency level 5

Only way to increase probability of success is to increase proficiency with said requirements. You still need to buy 1 or 2 more items to advance, but the burden isn't so much on MilPoints.
I honestly find the reliance on MilPoints to be crippling in progression and a large annoyance.
Those who have been on the site forever will still have way more than enough MilPoints to out progress newcomers, but not so much that newcomers are completely stalled.

In 'Stats', is it possible to have more?  Such as who has the highest successful missions, streak, most CR and MPs spent etc.  I just think it would be fun and interesting to see what else is out there put into one area instead of having to always click on individuals names.

Could you add something that will better distinguish equipment that gets used up and permanent equipment for operations? Perhaps underlining the quantity required (or some other text effect) would do the trick.

Permanent equipment is green background, consumable equipment is blue background on the mission tab. When looking in the QM, consumables are red background.

PuckChaser said:
Permanent equipment is green background, consumable equipment is blue background on the mission tab. When looking in the QM, consumables are red background.
Oh, thank you.

I have another idea:

Realistically, capturing an HVT is a pretty big mission -- lots of work involved in prep (gathering Int) and lots of work when capturing one. Is it possible that the HVT missions could count towards our mission completed & successful mission medals?

crooks.a said:
I have another idea:

Realistically, capturing an HVT is a pretty big mission -- lots of work involved in prep (gathering Int) and lots of work when capturing one. Is it possible that the HVT missions could count towards our mission completed & successful mission medals?

I thought they did count.  Unfortunately I don't have enough CR at the moment to confirm that.

Mine would currently be "0".  :mad:

178 milpoints just down the drain.  :blotto:

JohnTBay said:
Suggestion: Putting your current successful mission streak in the PER

I had mentioned that awhile back:
airmich said:
On the PER, could you put what our current successful mission streak is?  Would be nice to see how close I am getting to possibly beating my record.  Thanks!

Mike is usually great about answering one way or the other, but I'm wondering if it just got buried under all of the other posts and requests.

I finally beat my old streak of 106 (which I had forever) and got to 118.  I can't ever see 250 happening though!

Is there a way we can change the leveling system so we choose when we level (assuming the qualifications are met, of course).

Say, for example that I am level 1 and I require 2CE to level up. Once I hit 2CE, a button will show up in the PER that will say: "Advance to Level 2"

The CE bar at the top of the screen would continue to increase for the highest achieved level. So if level 3 requires 4CE, then once you hit 2CE it will say "Rank 2: 2CE/4CE (level 3)"

I am suggesting this for the following reasons:

1. At the point I am at now, capturing an HVT can bump me two levels at once. I only want to bump one level, because I want the CR refill;
2. If I have extra CR laying around, then I would like to spend it before leveling up;
3. Some users likely post their progress to their Facebook wall, so if they progress two at once then they can only post the most recent level up; and
4. I would like to see PuckChaser get enough CE for four levels, and then see Grimaldus pass him for first place. Puck would then crush his hopes and dreams by pressing the "progress" button four times.  ;D

For those of you who have played the Elder Scrolls series, this is much as the same, except you would press a button to advance a level instead of sleep in a bed.

Oh and Mike, there is a performance change here too: You would be able to remove the extra queries after the events that obtain Combat Experience, as the game wouldn't need to check for a level up.

Back