• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feature Requests

airmich said:
Concur with the AOR idea from you Vern.  I'm not through a whole lot of them as I'm sure you are, but it will come to it where the whole scrolling will get to be a pain.  I'm wondering if that will change any of the bonuses though.  I know that when I had an incentive to lower the lowest AOR they were all at 100% so it lowered the top one on the list.

Be thankful that it worked for you when you claimed. Neither of the 2 bonus' that I claimed for dropping the AOR rate (either the highest rate or lowest rate) worked. I didn't get anything because it was counting "0" as the lowest rate, so my active lowest rates were also 100% when I claimed and it changed nothing. I was a sad panda.

Can we also put a "Purchase Equipment" button at the top of that page instead of only at the bottom? I'm now in the habit of hitting the arrow to purchase the equipment that I need for a mission when I actually do that mission and the qtys required default in, but I still have to scroll to the very bottom to actually make the purchase.

ArmyVern said:
Be thankful that it worked for you when you claimed. Neither of the 2 bonus' that I claimed for dropping the AOR rate (either the highest rate or lowest rate) worked. I didn't get anything because it was counting "0" as the lowest rate, so my active lowest rates were also 100% when I claimed and it changed nothing. I was a sad panda.

Can we also put a "Purchase Equipment" button at the top of that page instead of only at the bottom? I'm now in the habit of hitting the arrow to purchase the equipment that I need for a mission when I actually do that mission and the qtys required default in, but I still have to scroll to the very bottom to actually make the purchase.

I second this.
Also, the most recently unlocked items should be near the top, since they are the ones you'll probably need to worry about/purchase.
No one cares about C7s and double doubles after rank 14.

I think it would be interesting if you used more "basic" equipment in missions but you require a high skill in that equipment to complete them. It just seems silly that in one AOR your using C7 every day and then another AOR your using C9 for every mission and then the next AOR you need a Sniper Rifle/C6 for every mission.

Why not make something that requires something like a level 10 in the C7 that actually makes training of equipment viable for more than just a few missions.

ArmyVern said:

Has it worked recently for you?  I had PM'd Mike about this issue after it didn't work for me with my first bonus of dropping the AOR rate.  He manually entered the reduction and I believe he then corrected the error.

airmich said:
Has it worked recently for you?  I had PM'd Mike about this issue after it didn't work for me with my first bonus of dropping the AOR rate.  He manually entered the reduction and I believe he then corrected the error.

I'm working towards my 4th incentive there now - none of the 3 claimed previously have worked for me. As for the 4th ...

It'll be a while before I even try to claim it at a CR level of a mere 335 to spend per 24 hours:

Level 4: Gonna Sleep For A Week
50,000 Combat Readiness Spent
Incentive: Drop top 3 insurgencies by 40 points (500)

Given that it's taking me a couple days each level to regen enough CR to level up, I've only had 1 insurgency on the go (active) at a time for quite a few levels now. I'll be lucky if more than one is even open to drop. Simply, in order to open up insurgencies, you've got to go up levels ... and it's to the point now where, at these levels, if you want to succeed in the missions - you simply have to fully clear the insurgency first - not leaving a lot of room to have multiple "open & active" insurgencies to even get reduced once you meet the pre-reqs for claiming. At this level, you simply have to open up the HVM before you can proceed ... if you want any chance at getting "big" returns for your CR that allow you to obtain the 9000-10000 CE required to level up.

The regular missions up here are costing ~ 50-60 per kick, but return ~ 450-500 each. Even if each mission WAS actually successful (& the actual success rate seems much lower up here) it would take a minimum of 18 successful missions to level up ... or 3 days worth of CR. But, if you do that ... you have no opportunity to fight insurgency, to train equipment or otherwise work towards different medal incentives. You have to clear the insurgency -- then you'll get HVM missions where you put out ~140 CR, and if successful can see a gain ~ 1900 credit (still over 1 days worth of CR).

You'll see what I mean ...  :blotto:

Also, it's taking over a days worth of CRs to fight an insurgency --- reducing it (or three of them) by 40 points with the next medal doesn't seem like much at all when the other 60% you have to reduce them all costs you ~13/14/15/16CR a click for a 1-4% reduction. Again, days worth of CR to get just one of those 3 from that 60% down to zero - fighting no missions while you do that. So, in essence, you aren't levelling up & therefore aren't getting your CR refilled ... you are simply waiting to regen enough CR to "click" that "fight the insurgency" button over and over ... until it's killed ... then you wait to regen enough CR to then continue on with missions. There's a whole lot of "biding ones time" up here.

I just came up with a good idea. Maybe you could add a care package to the game that gets issued when the daily MP bonus is issued. It would be randomly awarded (say, to 5% of the AO members), and it would provide bonuses in AtD/Initiative/CR/Reputation for x hours.

So, you're one of the lucky 5% who gets a care package tonight, and in reward, you receive +10 initiative for 24 hours, and +10 AtD for 24 hours (the amounts could also be randomly generated).

Another idea that sprouted for that is having another tab at the top of the page called Timmies. At Timmies, you could go buy a Honey Cruller, or a Double Double which also give you some sort of bonus, but less (so maybe +1 initiative for 24 hours). Timmies could unlock at level 15 or something.

I hear what everyone is saying about the MilPoints drought... I already have plans afoot to help out with this (in game, so you don't have to be a long-time Army.ca member). I just need to spend some time making it a reality. :) I also like the idea to add proficiency levels to the mission equipment requirements... It could add another dimension to the game and if it's done carefully, wouldn't create a headache.

ArmyVern said:
I didn't get anything because it was counting "0" as the lowest rate, so my active lowest rates were also 100% when I claimed and it changed nothing. I was a sad panda.

I think I adjusted for that fault, but if not let me know and I can fix it up for you. You did after all earn it! :)

ArmyVern said:

Good idea, and done! (As well as bdave's idea to reverse the order of the equipment displayed.)

Vern, I really appreciate your analysis of the game at higher levels... Helps me understand where the bottlenekcs and frustrations are so I can think about changes. I'll see if I can tweak the "rewards" system I talked about up top so that it helps out high level members proportionately.

I'm starting to see the longer delays in leveling up too....took me a full day and a half to cut down my last insurgency, and it didn't even unlock a HVM for me!!!!

:crybaby:

And now I'm sitting here, waiting for CR's to get up.  At my CR level, it's taking me over 4.5 hours to regen enough to run the HVM that I do have access to.  :-( 

I like the care-package idea.  Maybe it could contain a CR regen speed bonus for a few hours?  (ie, double your CR regen speed for 4 hours, or perhaps, better spoken, make your 24 hour regen timer switch to 12 hours for a period of time.) 

Or maybe just a big box of grid-squares?

NS

NavyShooter said:
I'm starting to see the longer delays in leveling up too....took me a full day and a half to cut down my last insurgency, and it didn't even unlock a HVM for me!!!!

The HVM will unlock within the next few promotions, and it'll already be "available" when it does. Small consolation for today I guess... ;)

On the plus side, I killed a few points at Timmies and got a bit more intel...now I just have to wait for the CR's to be able to snag the next guy.....

NS

How 'bout a chance of "winning" a few extra CR's with some of the HVM missions?  Kind of like the Int you find, only worth a few CR's?

NS

NavyShooter said:
On the plus side, I killed a few points at Timmies and got a bit more intel...now I just have to wait for the CR's to be able to snag the next guy.....

NS

LOL.

I just lucked in to enough Int to capture Mawlawi Abdul Hai Motma'in. 400 Int required. I've been sitting at 385 Int for a day & a half (& failing missions too  :'() ... it was nice finally finding that 15 Int. 125MPs for 4000CE!!! Youpeee!!

12 CR right now....at the current pace, I get to level up again tomorrow morning.

NS

MIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE

I think a good feature would be to choose what medals show in your little bar at the bottom of posts.

I mostly think this because my medals are stuck on Combat Readiness Missed.

Maybe a way to stop mission progression would be nice? I would like to be able to constantly do the 1CR/1CE missions in Canada to build up Int. :D

You should make it so there are rewards for reaching profiency 5 in all missions in an AOR.

The reward could be stats or an item (in the future when items with stats are implemented if implemented for PvP).

I came up with an idea that could be implemented with the Timmies idea I suggested earlier: Roll up the rim to win.

Buy a double double from Tim's and you would have the (1 in 100, perhaps?) chance of receiving a permanent bonus (ex. +5 CR/+5 AtD).

The real percentages in Timmies are about 1:15 of winning stuff (based on keeping records last year.....out of over 60 coffees bought over the course of a week by guys in my office, we won about 15 "things"....coffee/donuts/muffins/etc.)

Maybe a 1:15 chance of winning your coffee back (free trip to Tims)

A 1:50 chance of winning 5 CR's

a 1:100 chance of winning 1 MP

Not enough to make folks want to go and waste all their CR's there, but enough to reward them occasionally when they do.

NS

On the PER, could you put what our current successful mission streak is?  Would be nice to see how close I am getting to possibly beating my record.  Thanks!

crooks.a said:
Maybe a way to stop mission progression would be nice? I would like to be able to constantly do the 1CR/1CE missions in Canada to build up Int. :D

I fully agree with this. I HATE mission progression especially since the double equipment every time you rank up is completely unbalanced.

Also, airmich it IS under your PERS.

Back