• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades (serving Canadian military)

GUNS said:
WO Frank Mellish
WO Richard Nolan
Sgt. Shane Stachnik
Pte. Mark Graham
Pte. William Jonathan James Cushley

GUNS said:
Pte. William Jonathan James Cushley

Thanks Guns, it has been updated:  http://members.shaw.ca/travner/CFTribute800x600.wmv

1.Pte. David Byers

2.Cpl. Glen Arnold

3.Cpl. Shane Keating

4.Cpl. Keith Morley

It has been again updated--let's hope I won't have to again for a very long time...

(web quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWixN7KKQQ
(high quality) http://members.shaw.ca/travner/CFTribute800x600.wmv  (18Mb)​

I'm reading all these with tears in my eyes.
Prayers to the fallen ones and to their families.
:cdn:  :salute:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worst.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free.
Unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Pte. Josh Klukie.

Fall in, Pte. Klukie, with the rest of our brave soldiers.

COMPANY of the BRAVE

Pte./Tpr. Byers,            David
      Costall,          Robert
    Cushley,          William
    Dallaire,          Kevin
    Graham,        Mark
    Green,            Richard
    Klukie,            Josh
    Smith,            Nathan
    Williamson,      Blake
    Wilson,            Mark
    Woodfield,      Braun

Cpl/Bdr. Arnold,          Glen
            Beerenfenger,  Robbie
            Boneca,          Anthony
            Braun,            David
            Davis,              Paul
            Dinning,          Matthew
            Dyer,              Answorth
            Eykelenboom,  Andrew
            Gomez,            Francisco
            Keating,          Shane
            Keller,              Bryce
            Mansell,          Myles
            Mitchell,          Robert
            Morely,            Keith
            Murphy,          Jamie
            Payne,            Randy
            Reid,              Christoper
            Warren,          Jason
            Wilson,            Timothy

M/Cpl.  Arndt,          Raymond
          Walsh,          Jeffrey

Sgt.     Gillum,          Craig
          Ingram,        Vaughan
          Leger,          Marc
          Short,          Robert 
          Stachnik,      Shane
          Tedford,      Darcy

WO.    Mellish,        Frank
          Nolan,          Richard

Lt.       Turner,          William

Capt.  Goddard,        Nichola

Thanks, GUNS.

It may seem a bit odd, but that rather official looking list, laid out in a way so familiar to people like me, is quite moving.

Cpl. Robert Mitchell

Sgt. Craig Gillam

" Never in the field of human conflicts was so much owed by so many to so few."

Cpl Mitchell was a member of this site.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/members/8784;sa=summary

RIP Craig and Mitch      :salute:

GUNS said:
Cpl. Robert Mitchell

Sgt. Craig Gillam

" Never in the field of human conflicts was so much owed by so many to so few."
Trooper Mark Wilson

MCpl Marc Belleville, Sig Op, 2 R22eR

After a long illness, MCpl Belleville was laid to rest on 10 Oct 06. The funeral was held in Latuque. The honour guard was supplied by 2 R22eR with branch representation by the CO 5 HQ & Sigs & RSM HQ & Sigs.

:salute:

Thanks GUNS, the tribute video has been updated and available for viewing  -  http://members.shaw.ca/travner/

GUNS said:
Pte. Blake Williamson

Sgt. Darcy Tedford

Spr.Earl said:
I recieved this email on the 7th.

I first met Kerry in 76 when I first joined the Militia and he was a Mr after going CFR then he left 6 Fd Sqn and over the years we met off and on had a good laff.
My shock is he imbibed very a little and enjoyed life but died of skin cancer.

Good Bye Mr McCranor. :salute: :'(

UBIQUE

Gentlemen

I have some unfortunate news to report. Kerry Mccranor passed away on Sunday.

Very sad. I'll miss him.

For those that don't know I was the section commander and Kerry was a section member in the same field section in the 6th over 30 years ago. I got to know him again in 98 when I transferred to Brigade HQ and he was the Brigade G6 (Sigs Officer). A couple of years ago Kerry (now a Capt) joined CIMIC, whose office is across the hall from mine in Jericho. As such, I got to know Kerry quite well over the last 6 years.

Two weeks ago he attended the Brigade Unit Information Officer conference as the CIMIC Det UIO. He was coughing and hacking and thought he had a cold. We had coffee and sticky buns. A couple of days later he was going to see his GP about the cold (He now thought it was pneumonia as it was unusually persistent) but he decided he was too weak to drive, so he called an ambulance. They took him into the local hospital in Coquitlam then transferred him to Royal Columbian when they began to suspect it was more than pneumonia. They did two test series and concluded on Friday Dec 3rd that the skin cancer they had treated 10 years ago had migrated into his lungs.

I saw Kerry that afternoon. They had just told him there was only a 20% chance that Kemo would be successful. He was very weak but determined to fight. He was on oxygen and an IV. I only stayed an hour as he found  visitors very tiring. The plan was to start Kemo on Monday. Unfortunately he died Sunday morning. It was only 10 days from the time he entered hospital to the time he passed away.

The memorial service will be held later this week or on the weekend. Most likely at the Canadian Memorial United Church at 1825 W 16th Ave in Vancouver. Dates, times and location TBC. Dress will probably be DEUs and medals. There will be a military component to the service. Details TBC. The Brigade Chaplain is actively involved as are other members of the Brigade staff. Expect a large military contingent at the service (Kerry not only served with the 6th and CIMIC but also with the Seaforth, 12 Svc Bn, 744 Comm and 39 CBG HQ as well as Bosnia).

Kerry is survived by a mother, several siblings and some nieces.

If you want more details or want to send condolences please don't hesitate to call. And please pass this on to anyone that might have known Kerry.

I just opened this thread for the first time... I had no idea. He was a good man. :( :salute:

I am sad to announce that after a brief but courageous fight with cancer MWO Graham Price, CSM 2 Military Police Unit, passed away sunday morning. He died at home with his loving family at his side.
I will never forget the guidance, leadership and friendship GP has shown me over the years.

i never knew this soldier personally but that does not matter what matters is that he was a soldier and there for my brother in arms  and remember once a soldier always a soldier........pro patria

Poppa said:
I am sad to announce that after a brief but courageous fight with cancer MWO Graham Price, CSM 2 Military Police Unit, passed away sunday morning. He died at home with his loving family at his side.
I will never forget the guidance, leadership and friendship GP has shown me over the years.

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  I worked with him several times over the years and was always impressed with his sense of humour and professionalism.  RIP Graham.  You will be missed.

Correction:

Cpl Albert Storm

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/focus/fallen/index_e.asp

Thank you, got my info from Yahoo News. Should have verified info with CBC/CTV.

schart28 said:
Correction:

Cpl Albert Storm

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/focus/fallen/index_e.asp

Back