• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades (serving Canadian military)

The Final Inspection

The soldier turned and faced his God,
which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining,
just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
how shall I deal with you."

"Have you always turned the other cheek?,
to my church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No Lord, I guess I ain't."

"Because those of us who carry guns,
can't always be a saint."

"I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was tough."

"And times I had to be violent,
because the world is awfully rough."

"But, I never took a penny,
that wasn't mine to keep."

"Though I worked alot of overtime,
when the bills got just to steep."

"And I never passed a cry for help,
though at times, I shook with fear."

"And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears."

"I know I don't deserve a place,
amoung the people here."

"They never wanted me around,
except to calm their fears."

"If you've a place for me here,Lord,
it needn't be so great."

"I never expected or had that much,
but if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,
where the saints had often trod.

As the soldier waited quitely,
for the judgement of his God.

you have borne your burden well."

"Walk peacefully on Heavens streets,
you have done your time in Hell."

(unknown)

It's the military, not the reporter,
who have given us, freedom of the press.

It's the military, not the poet,
who have given us, freedom of speech.

It's the military, not the politician's,
that ensures our rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the military who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag, and
whose coffin is draped by rhe flag.

Rest in Peace, all those who have made the supreme sacrifice.

GUNS said:
The Final Inspection

The soldier turned and faced his God,
which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining,
just as brightly as his brass.

how shall I deal with you."

"Have you always turned the other cheek?,
to my church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No Lord, I guess I ain't."

"Because those of us who carry guns,
can't always be a saint."

"I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was tough."

"And times I had to be violent,
because the world is awfully rough."

"But, I never took a penny,
that wasn't mine to keep."

"Though I worked alot of overtime,
when the bills got just to steep."

"And I never passed a cry for help,
though at times, I shook with fear."

"And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears."

"I know I don't deserve a place,
amoung the people here."

"They never wanted me around,
except to calm their fears."

"If you've a place for me here,Lord,
it needn't be so great."

"I never expected or had that much,
but if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,
where the saints had often trod.

As the soldier waited quitely,
for the judgement of his God.

you have borne your burden well."

"Walk peacefully on Heavens streets,
you have done your time in Hell."

(unknown)

It's the military, not the reporter,
who have given us, freedom of the press.

It's the military, not the poet,
who have given us, freedom of speech.

It's the military, not the politician's,
that ensures our rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the military who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag, and
whose coffin is draped by rhe flag.

Rest in Peace, all those who have made the supreme sacrifice.

Cpl. Robbie Christoper Beerenfenger,  Pte. Robert Costall,  Cpl. Matthew Dinning, Cpl. Paul Davis,  Cpl. Answorth Dyer,  Pte. Richard Green,  Sgt. Marc D. Leger,  Cpl. Jamie Brenden Murphy,  Bdr. Myles Mansell,  Cpl. Randy Payne,  Sgt. Robert Alan Short,  Lt. William Turner,  M/Cpl. Timothy Wilson,  Pte. Braun Scott Woodfield,  Pte. Nathan Smith,  Capt. Nichola Goddard,  Cpl. Anthony Joseph Boneca.

The "Guns" have lost one venerable and dedicated Master Gunner, MWO Bill Williams succumbed suddenly to illness on 19 July 2006. Bill had been serving in DASPM in Ottawa.
Bill was one of those rare gentlemanly Sgt-Major types and his loss will definitely be felt within the family of the "Royal Regiment"
I would just like to use this forum to make others who may have known Bill aware of his passing, and to share with them condolences to his family.
Funeral services will take place 21 July at the Uplands chapel at 10:00hrs. Bill will be interred at the National Military cemetery in Ottawa

"Stand-easy Bill, hope to see you down the trail"
Robo

On youtube there is a very poignant video called "When a Soldier Falls" put together by DC Lugi, it shares a sentiment that, sadly, many of us can relate to at a personal level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnznxShU4N0

My sincere condolences to all those who have had a soldier of their own fall

Cpl. Francisco Gomez,  Cpl. Jason Patrick Warren,  Maj. Paeta Hess-von Kruedener( UN Lebanon),  Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid,  Sgt. Vaughn Ingram,  Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller.

People sleep soundly in their beds at night because men do violence on their behalf.

Rest in Peace

Cpl.Franciso Gomez,  Cpl. Jason Patrick Warren,  Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid,  Pte. Kevin Dallaire,  May.Paeta Hess-von Kruedener(UN-Lebanon),  Sgt. Vaughn Ingram,  Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller.

GUNS said:
Cpl.Franciso Gomez,  Cpl. Jason Patrick Warren,  Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid,  Pte. Kevin Dallaire,  May.Paeta Hess-von Kruedener(UN-Lebanon),  Sgt. Vaughn Ingram,  Cpl. Bryce Jeffrey Keller.
Cpl.Raymond Arndt

http://www.herald.ca/announcements/display.php?anntype=obituaries~2006/08/15~15684987

BUTT, Sherry A., Lt. (N)
BUTT, Sherry A., Lt. (N) - We are deeply saddened to announce the unexpected death of Lieutenant (Navy) Sherry Ann Butt, age 36, on August 1, 2006. She was a beloved wife of Ron Hollingsworth; much loved daughter of parents Jimmy and Evelyn Butt; dear younger sister to Helen Butt (Kenneth); Sammy (Cheryl), and Ward (Cathy) Butt; role model and cherished aunt to her niece, Jenna, and nephews, Andrew, Kevin and Joshua. She will be deeply missed by her dog, Brodie, and cats, Cassie and BJ. As a young girl, Sherry grew up in Kegaska, a small fishing village on the lower north shore of Quebec where she will be remembered for her gentle spirit, giving nature, love of life and passion for animals. Growing up she continued her education in Chevery, Que., and then graduated from the Queen Elizabeth High School in Sept Iles. Always known to be a loving and caring person, Sherry then decided to pursue a career in the nursing profession graduating with her nursing diploma in 1990 from John Abbott College in Montreal. With an adventuresome spirit and desire to take on new challenges, Sherry then enrolled as a Nursing Officer in the Canadian Forces in January, 1991 . Throughout her 15 dedicated years of serving her country, Lt (N) Sherry Butt was an inspiration to all who came across her path. With willingness to live life to the fullest and her continual desire to take on new challenges, she accomplished numerous dreams and goals as a Nursing Officer. Throughout her nursing career, Sherry continued to pursue higher learning completing both Critical Care and Aeromedevac training. Sherry then went on to complete her BSc Degree in Nursing as well as becoming one of a few nurses to be selected to be subsidized for their Nurse Practitioner Certification in the Canadian Forces Medical group. Most recently Sherry was accepted to attend Medical school at Ottawa University which was to start this Fall. Sherry also served her country completing tours in both Rwanda (1994) and Pakistan as a member of the Disaster Assistance Response Team in 2005. Her family, friends and entire home town could not be more proud of all she had accomplished. A loving wife, daughter, sister, friend and caring nursing professional, we are all richer for having known Sherry. An amazing woman with endless talents, loving, full of life and energy. She will forever be remembered for her kind, caring, gentle spirit, her sense of humor, joy of life and love of animals. If desired donations can be made to the Humane Society of Ontario or your local SPCA.

I had the pleasure of working with Sherry in Edmonton.  She was an excellent person and a great nurse.  She will be missed. RIP Sherry.

I have updated the tribute video to include Cpl Andrew James Eykelenboom

(web quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBw6MFXQ3Dg
(hi quality) http://members.shaw.ca/travner/CFTribute800x600.wmv

Thanks guns, it has been updated.  Cpl. David Braun grew up in my hometown of Raymore, Saskatchewan (population of 668).  Just got off of the phone with David's mother's cousin and the support from the town is there as well from the military.  David's mother saw a number of military vehicles pull up the dirt farm road to the house and she knew why they were there.  David is strongly being mourned and missed by his mother, his sister and brother.  (his father passed away when we were quite young)

(web quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImSyMLlv7EU
(high quality) http://members.shaw.ca/travner/CFTribute800x600.wmv  (18Mb)

GUNS said:
CPL. David Braun

My son is on the next rotation to Afghanistan and I know I do not want to to see military vehicles at my house. I very deeply respect all those that wear the uniform of Canada. As a former soldier I understand my son's wish to serve his country. Cpl. Braun and all those before him, will be remembered forever.

Rest and your Arms, Reverse.

I have known RSM Sorbie for several years. He was a great soldier and had a different way of doing things as a sergeant major. One might even use the term "Intellectual Sergeant major".  He has influenced alot of people in the CF in a positive way. He will be missed. RIP, RSM. The RCR has a lost a good soldier.

To his family, you have my condolences on your lost.

Edward Campbell said:
I just heard on the local radio that RSM (CWO) Joel Sorbie of 3RCR died today during the annual Terry Fox Run.

Here is the CBC link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/08/31/soldier.html

He was a young, fit, keen, sharp warrant officer - a fine soldier.

Thoughts to RSM Sorbie's family (personal and regimental) and comrades, especially his two sons who were at the race as well.  The truly sad part was that RSM Sorbie had already completed the race in good time, and had returned back to the course to cheer on his soldiers.  :salute:

A very sad day

Back