• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades (serving Canadian military)

Been following this today and they have released the soldiers name in the news.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=1d0c401a-db15-4058-b334-0f94693a10bc&k=0

RIP Troop.   :salute:

Soldier killed in traffic accident identified
Trish Audette, Edmonton Journal
Published: Tuesday, February 13, 2007
The 35-year-old Edmonton soldier killed yesterday in a traffic collision has been identified as Cpl. Robert Lomond.

Lomond was driving south on Highway 28, near Sturgeon Road, early Monday morning when an oncoming pickup truck crossed the centre line and hit his car.
He died at the scene.

The pickup truck driver, a 41-year-old man, remains in critical condition at the University of Alberta hospital today.
Morinville RCMP are still piecing together how the collision occurred. They say alcohol was not a factor and road conditions and visibility were good at the time of the accident, 7:30 a.m.

WO AE Bert from Gagetown. An engineer.

Saturday, March 10, 2007
BIRT, ALLAN EWART The passing of Allan Ewart Birt, of Lincoln, NB, husband of Vicky (Ross) Birt occurred on Friday, March 09, 2007 at his residence. Allan is survived by his children, Mason and Logan and step-son, Jason Brown. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time and are under the care and direction of York Funeral Home (458-9538). 

My thoughts and prayers to his family and fellow soldiers.  :salute:

My thoughts go to the family & friends of WO Birt.

CHIMO!

Rest in Peace, Leading Seaman John Harrison.

Passed on from cancer on Tuesday past, full military funeral in Halifax yesterday.

To Absent Friends.

NS

Allan Ewart Birt
1959-2007
The passing of Allan Ewart Birt, of Lincoln, NB, husband of Vicky (Ross) Birt, occurred on Friday, March 09, 2007 at his residence. Born in Prince Edward Island he was the son of the late Norman and Bessie (Keeping) Birt. Allan served with the Canadian Armed Forces for twenty-seven years, was a member of the Church of Christ, Fredericton where he served on the church building committee. He enjoyed woodworking and was an avid Tampa Bay Lightning hockey fan.

In addition to his wife, Allan is survived by his children, Mason and Logan and step-son, Jason Brown of Lincoln, NB; three brothers, Ray (Herta) Birt of Saint John, NB, Colin (Sandra) Birt and Angus (Carol Ann) Birt both of Prince Edward Island; five sisters, Norma (Wayne) Pike, Marilyn (Frank) MacNeill, Ola (Gary) MacDougall, Carolyn Birt all of Prince Edward Island and Florence (Rodney) Nangreaves of Nova Scotia; mother and father-in-law, John and (Freda) Ross and several nieces and nephews. Besides his parents, Allan was predeceased by two brothers, Danny and Boyce Birt.

Visitation will take place at York Funeral Home, 302 Brookside Drive, Fredericton on Sunday from 7-9 pm. A Funeral Service will be held on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 11:00 am from York Funeral Home’s T. Gordon MacLeod Memorial Chapel with Geoff Conley officiating. Interment will take place in the Sherwood Cemetery, Prince Edward Island on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 1 pm. In lieu of flowers, remembrances to the Church of Christ Building Fund or to a charity of the donor’s choice would be appreciated by the family. Personal condolences may be offered through www.yorkfh.com.

My Condolences to the family.

CHIMO!  :cdnsalute:

R.I.P to all fallen soldiers your all heros that died for your country and peace. You will not be forgotten. Best wishes to the love ones of the soldiers.

For those of you who knew Gary and may not have heard the news, he passed away suddenly last week.
Funeral info is as follows:

1900-2100 hrs Wed 14 Nov 07 = Viewing;
1000 hrs Thu 15 Nov 07 = Funeral; and
1100 hrs Fri 16 Nov 07 = Burial in the National Cemetery.

Unfortunately, I received no other info than this but I'm sure if you contact Capt Butt at LFCATC Meaford or the Duty pers at Petawawa, you could find out more.

Rest in peace, Gary.  :salute:

Rest in Peace Gary.

If anyone requires more info please PM Me with your email address and I will forward the official email from the RCR Association.

Ben

FOX CD, Sargeant Darren Wayne (Canadian Armed Forces Military Police) - Passed away suddenly at his home in Angus on Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 in his 41st year. Beloved husband of Bernadette (nee Rostin) of Angus. Dear father of Tyler and Rachel both at home. Loving son of Jack and Marie Fox of Kelowna, BC and son-in-law of Marty and Lynn Rostin of Fredricton, NB. Dear brother of Dean (Karen) and their children Matthew & Kameron and sister-in-law Ronda Rostin and her children Allysa and Bradley. Survived by his grandmother Eliza LeValley. Remembered by his many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Friends may call at the Jennett Chapel of the McCLELLAND & SLESSOR FUNERAL HOME, 152 Bradford Street in Barrie on Monday from 2-4 & 7-9 p.m. Funeral Mass wil be held at the St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Base Borden on Tuesday, January 22nd at 11:00 a.m. Followed by cremation. Memorial donations may be made to the Military Police Fund for Blind Children as your expression of sympathy. Words of comfort may be forwarded to the family at darrenfox@funeralhome.on.ca.

RIP Darren your a good man
Kirsten

Unfortunately it is time again to update the fallen comrades list. Yesterday evening Cpl Craig Wilson, a member of the MP detachment in Kingston was killed in a motorcycle accident. Craig was a former member of 2 PPCLI who left the battalion as a sergeant to pursue his OT to MP. Craig left behind a wife and two daughters. :salute:

Will post info reference funeral (only with families blessing) as it becomes available.

Shitty news for sure but thanks for letting us know.

RIP Craig  :salute:

It is truly unfortunate that this is my first post...

GIBSON L. Wayne Chief Warrant Officer, of Pitt Meadows, B.C. passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in Terrace, B.C. on June 11, 2008 at the age of 54 years. Wayne is survived by his loving spouse Linda Basque; son Jason; daughter Lisa; his parents Leonard and Patricia; brothers Jim (Lynette) and Bill; sister Lynn; several nieces and nephews, his special nephew Kevin whom he adored and his girl, Holly The Dog. Visitations will be held Monday, June 16th and Tuesday, June 17th from 6 - 8 PM at Garden Hill Funeral Chapel, 11765-224th Street, Maple Ridge. Military Funeral Service will be held Wednesday, June 18th at 2PM at The Seaforth Armory, 1650 Burrard Street, Vancouver. Interment will follow in his hometown of London, Ontario. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Expressions of sympathy can be made at www.gardenhill.ca 
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/15/2008. 

Rubber Tree,

The loss is felt. I hope I will be able to make it for the Military Funeral as I've known the Chief ever since I was a young Pte.

Cheers,

MT.

Warrant Officer Ian Culbertson (PPCLI). Ian also served with the CAR.

For those of you who knew Ian, he passed away here at OPH this morning at 0920hrs with his family by his side.

I'll post up details regarding his Memorial Service and Funeral tomorrow after those of us on his Funeral Party meet up at the Chapel tomorrow. I'll also post up his obitouary as soon as it's made available.

Damn. Another long & sad day at work. Another excellent soldier and great friend gone way too soon.

Rest in peace my dear. I'm going to miss the hell out of you.

Thanks Vern for the message on Ian Culbertson.
Damn, I knew the ole rascal too
Last manifest, have a good one jumper

Wow, sad news indeed. I knew Ian when were at 3ASG; he taught us purple trades NBCW trg; toets etc. Was he still in uniform?
My condolences to his family & friends. Good soldior and easy to get alone with.
RIP Ian.
  :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Back