• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fall '08 TV Shows - Your picks?

For me its anything the little one can watch Bob the Builder (and hey a new seasons just started) and Dancing with the stars and oh yeah Mythbusters got to things get broke!

Celticgirl said:
Remember: The season premiere of NCIS is tonight!!!  :D

No Di Nozo, No McGee and Ziva David, hope the show don't crap out with new faces. I liked Ziva although Kate was just as ummm capable... Should be an interesting start though, new dierector coming in as well....

Cheers.

I may hate Bell satellite but until I get high speed cable out here I will stick with these shows

Terminator ( what is not to like of the female terminator liked her since Firefly)
SG Atlantis ( there is no current treck Sci Fi on so this actually does it for my fix)
True Blood ( wife started watching and extremely funny story line, gratuitous sexual overtones that fit with the story made me a fan )
Californication ( almost the same reasons as True Blood )
The Unit ( what is not to like of the premise)
Dexter ( late convert to it but am following it now )
2 1/2 men ( Funny nuff said )

Celticgirl said:
Remember: The season premiere of NCIS is tonight!!!  :D

:eek: Leapin' lizards - I almost missed it!!! Thanks Celticgirl!!!

Snafu-Bar said:
No Di Nozo, No McGee and Ziva David, hope the show don't crap out with new faces. I liked Ziva although Kate was just as ummm capable... Should be an interesting start though, new dierector coming in as well....

Cheers.

You had me worried, Snafu, but they were all back. (whew)  :D  New director, though. I missed a few episodes last season...did something happen to Jenny?

I'm pissed as the 2 hour season premiere for Grey's Anatomy is on at the same time as the season premiere for ER.  :crybaby:

Gotta get me a VCR!!

I'm thinking of cancelling my cable through the landlord and getting the next level with time-shifting.

Celticgirl said:
You had me worried, Snafu, but they were all back. (whew)  :D  New director, though. I missed a few episodes last season...did something happen to Jenny?

Umm yeah but you'll have to keep an eye for the reruns :/

Was sooo glad they didn't screw up the team.

How about Holmes on Homes. He doesn't call a spade a shovel when it comes to people getting ripped off!

Also  the $1.99+tax for The Military Channel was one of best investments I've ever made.

Cheers,

tango22a

PMedMoe said:
I'm pissed as the 2 hour season premiere for Grey's Anatomy is on at the same time as the season premiere for ER.  :crybaby:

Gotta get me a VCR!!

Okay, bought a DVD recorder last night.  Tested it out and so far, so good!  The real test comes tonight.

DVD recorders are good but I have found since I got a PVR.............. THEY ROCK.  the box doubles as a Cable/ satellite box and a Hard drive recorder. with the ability to watch and record two separate channels. automatic record all selected shows, or only new shows.  Anything you want to keep and build a collection you can ( for the moment ) record to DVD.  the amount of shows you can record are awesome ( mine is 80 Gig right now ) I rent it from the Company as the tech is constantly evolving and it is only a few bucks more for the box rental over what you would have to pay anyway for a converter.
The best thing about the PVR for our job is, when you go away or working late your shows are "taped" automatically for longer periods then a DVD can do.  And if overseas you can get your spouse/ life partner, friend, parent to put them on DVD to send to you. 
The second bonus is you pause at the start of a show, do some puttering around the house and then for the rest of the show just FWD through the commercials.

helpup, if you read my previous post, I am thinking about cancelling my cable through my landlord and going directly through the company itself, for better programming, etc.  I am on IR right now and my cable (less the difference for the "extended" basic) is covered by my rent, which in turn, is covered by DND.  If I do cancel through the landlord, I will be paying for it myself.  I'll see how the DVD recording goes and decide from there as I am paid up to the end of Dec this year.

Thanks for the info, though!

PMedMoe said:
helpup, if you read my previous post, I am thinking about cancelling my cable through my landlord and going directly through the company itself, for better programming, etc.  I am on IR right now and my cable (less the difference for the "extended" basic) is covered by my rent, which in turn, is covered by DND.  If I do cancel through the landlord, I will be paying for it myself.  I'll see how the DVD recording goes and decide from there as I am paid up to the end of Dec this year.

Thanks for the info, though!

When I was on IR in Fredericton I too had cable included in the rent and when I wanted to improve my programming, NHL Centre Ice, I just called the cable company and they added it on and there was no need to cancel. Best to call them and ask before cancelling.  Of course you have to pay for the extras.

kincanucks said:
When I was on IR in Fredericton I too had cable included in the rent and when I wanted to improve my programming, NHL Centre Ice, I just called the cable company and they added it on and there was no need to cancel. Best to call them and ask before cancelling.  Of course you have to pay for the extras.

I was about to mention that, although some landlords just offshoot their own cable package to the tenants.  Still I know the DVD was bought but if your going to get a converter from cable or Sat, ask how much more will it be for a PVR.  Once you have one you will wonder how you ever got along with out one. 

kincanucks said:

Unfortunately, Rogers will only deal with the person who the account actually belongs to.  I have already paid for the "extras" (to the landlord) until end Dec.  I'll decide what to do then.  Thanks again!

Eye In The Sky said:
The Ultimate Fighter  8) Wednesday on Spike TV.

That and hockey are the only decent things on the tube these days. For all the fans of "reality" TV, it's time for you to get a life. Also get spayed or neutered so you don't contaminate the human race with your "moron" genes. ;D

Back