• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do they issue swimming trunks at basic or would I have to bring my own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very nice avatar, Bo....very nice!

My husband enjoyed seeing it too ;) :-*

i believe that ass (in the avatar) belongs to that of vida guerra... shes a hell of hottie. and yea i was thinking along the same lines as paracowboy here, if you got a problem with being naked and being seen, you might have some problems, but i doubt anyone is going to stare at you, or even take more then a look if they got a choice.

Well if anyone is gonna be looking at me, they better enjoy looking at what my kids did to my body...LOL

Metallic Blue Banana Hammocks, ahh what a site to behold.  :crybaby: You should just go over to the area with all the people who can't swim, they have fun.

lol, I think how you look in a tight bathing suit should be the least of your worries at basic. If you've done your job, and show up in shape, then you got nothing to worry about.

Bo I love the avatar, in a way it combines the two things that I most enjoy to do on the internet ;)

Bo said:
lol, I think how you look in a tight bathing suit should be the least of your worries at basic. If you've done your job, and show up in shape, then you got nothing to worry about.

Well some of us don't have all the time to train before entry to the CF. I work 12-16 hour shifts at a seafood plant, 7days a week, oncall. Very tough work and time consuming. Then when I'm home, I have to factor in sleep, and visits to the bank and supermarket. Doesn't leave a lot of time for me to do the training that I'd like to. I can't just quit a few months before I go to basic either, because I Have bills, etc.

oh man you're gona have lots of fun on runs and ruc marches .

Fry said:
Well some of us don't have all the time to train before entry to the CF. I work 12-16 hour shifts at a seafood plant, 7days a week, oncall. Very tough work and time consuming. Then when I'm home, I have to factor in sleep, and visits to the bank and supermarket. Doesn't leave a lot of time for me to do the training that I'd like to. I can't just quit a few months before I go to basic either, because I Have bills, etc.

No offense Fry, but I don't think "lack of time" is a good excuse for showing up out of shape. The entire recruiting process should have given you more than enough time to arrange some kind of training schedule.

30 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week is really all it takes. You telling me you can't spare 2 hours a week to get into shape?

Haha, I run when I can, but that isn't often... It does suck when you don't have much time to do those things... It amazes me that everyone has all the time in the world to train before BMQ... Then again, I'd say most of em aren't from places like 'round here, where you need to get all the work you can.

As for 2 hours a week, I do more than that, but I still don't do enough to meet my personal goals.

Bo,

Just curious, how old are you, and do you work? If so, how long?

To those who work 70-80 hours a week and beyond, excercising even on a normal level seems as far away as winning the lottery.

Maybe you should run to and from work.

I can't stop looking at your pic there I can't see what the hells on your head.

it's an empty half sac of bluestar :)

Run to and from work..? Hmm, wouldn't have time. I live in rural Newfoundland, and to run to work.... I would have to eliminate sleep completely.

I'd be running for about 6 hours constantly... it works out to about that. Then work for 12-16 hours, then run home? That's sick. LoL.

Fry said:
Haha, I run when I can, but that isn't often... It does suck when you don't have much time to do those things... It amazes me that everyone has all the time in the world to train before BMQ... Then again, I'd say most of em aren't from places like 'round here, where you need to get all the work you can.

As for 2 hours a week, I do more than that, but I still don't do enough to meet my personal goals.

Bo,

Just curious, how old are you, and do you work? If so, how long?

To those who work 70-80 hours a week and beyond, excercising even on a normal level seems as far away as winning the lottery.

I'm 24 and continuing to work full time until 4 days before BOTC. I work 40 hours/week so, yeah, I can see how time is in my favor.

I don't want to pry into your personal life man, but is 80 hours/week really necessary for a 20 year old? I can understand if you're supporting a family, otherwise your priority should be preparing for your future employment with the CF. Anyways, this thread has gone from tight bathing suits to working hours.... ::)

PM me if you need to know anything else. Rural Newfoundland is real tough. It' sthe only decent paying job I can get really.

Back to swimsuits

Well I'm expecting no speedos, because the documentation said no speedos. Praise the lord!

Bo said:

That is very true, but in some circumstances no amount of working out can help eliminate certain areas  :-\

Springroll said:
That is very true, but in some circumstances no amount of working out can help eliminate certain areas   :-\

I agree here... Everyone's different. That's my excuse :)

meh i could care less about other people and if they got some "chub". I myself have a bit, but thats the least of my worries for basic.

I'm the type of person who is really open and could care less about "omg i don't want people to see my peepee".

As long as i make sure i'm up to par and fit enough to do what is required of me, thats all im worried about.

I see basic as an opportunity to come out fitter and more muscular at the end then when i went in (not to mention more diciplined!)

Alex

most definately, I agree... however I do not wish to see other guy's junks. That's why my eyes don't go below shoulder level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back