• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do they issue swimming trunks at basic or would I have to bring my own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_B

Inactive
Reaction score
I hope they do, I don't want to see a bunch of guys in speedos....

Had to take my own when I went for Reserve Basic... from what my friends who have done Reg Force Basic told me, it's the same deal, take your own. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Kevin_B wait until about 20 of you and your buddies have to get naked and squeeze into a shower only built for 12 guys and you have 5 minutes to wash. You'll love it.

They don't issue bathing suits anymore? We got them in '99 on BOTC, if they're still issuing the same style you'll be in for a shock.  Most of us got the ones that are kinda like boxer briefs, the fattest dude in our platoon got the speedo, man was it funny!  ;D

Cheers

Yeah, they do issue you a swimsuit, at least in St.Jean for reg force.  It's a dark blue one, loose fitting, like a pair of boxer's.  It's not a speedo one or anything like that, but like a normal swimsuit.

When I got in back in 2001 we were issued these awful blue "peach-smugglers" that looked like boxer-briefs from hell.

I guess it didn't matter much though because everyone had to wear them. Kind of funny looking back now...

You better believe there's swimming at BMQ, don't worry though, it's really not that fun. Pool PT was my least favourite.

When you're on Basic and maybe a few courses after depending on your trade, you'll only wear issued PT gear. That whole military thing called uniformity.  :eek:  This includes those lovely grey shorts and white shirts and the birth control swimsuit.

Cheers

You get issued one piece swimsuits, nothing special. Don't worry, they leave much more to the imagination then the men's swimsuits do.  ;)

speedo nut huggers, blue shorts, what do the gals wear?. . . .

hehehe just say you can't swim, you end up going to the smoke area witht rest of the smart guys.

tess
:dontpanic:

the 48th regulator said:
speedo nut huggers, blue shorts, what do the gals wear?. . . .

hehehe just say you can't swim, you end up going to the smoke area witht rest of the smart guys.

tess
:dontpanic:

On my course the non-swimmers were given remedial swimming lessons in the children's wading pool. Not exactly the coolest place to be.

Well, I wasn't issued swimtrunks, however I only got "the basics" (aka at least 100 lbs of random stuff ;)) If I do get swimtrunks eventually, I hope they're better than those "interestingly grey" sweatsuits. Oh, and what is a short arms inspection?

Tribal Jedi said:
On my course the non-swimmers were given remedial swimming lessons in the children's wading pool. Not exactly the coolest place to be.

Way to go jedi "knight"!! Yer not supposed to give away the secrets of the force to the newbies!! Now he will never get to experince the shallow end parade! geesh..

tess

Tribal Jedi said:

S*&T! I can't swim..

Ghostwalk said:
On basic, will anybody see me naked?

Yes.
Get Over it.....

Its not like youre going to be running around outside in your underwear... (well unless you like that sort of thing..)

but most of the time the showers are either Group Showers or they have separate shower stalls, and a common change area..

IMPORTANT NOTE: OBVIOUSLY THERE WILL BE SEPARATE MALE AND FEMALE  SHOWERS!!
since i know someone out there is wondering about that...

seriously, it may feel a little awkward at first but trust me. after youve been in the feild for a little while and are covered in Cam Paint, Mud, and god knows what else. you wouldnt care if the pope was watching you shower, when you finnally get the chance to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back