• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Andrew Grenon, Cpl. Mike Seggie and Pte. Chad Horn - 2 PPCLI - Killed in Kandahar 3 Sep 08- 5 Wounded

Damn, I'm starting my B-day is a bad-luck day overseas.

RIP  :salute:
A speedy recovery to the wounded, and my sincerest condolences to the families of the fallen.

Lord, hold these soldiers in your loving hands,
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for those in need.

My condolences to their families.
They will not be forgotten.

Very sad day for our country.  :'(  :cdn:

R.I.P. to the fallen and prayers for the wounded.  :salute: :cdn:

A very sad day for Canada.  Sincerest condolences to family, friends and comrades of these brave men. 
And a full and speedy recovery for the wounded.
:cdn:

Cpl. Andrew Grenon graduated from the highschool I'm currently at St Joseph's Catholic High School, quite a shock over here.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Condolences to friends, families, and all who knew them.

May they rest in peace

Cpl Seggie's father and uncle served in the PPCLI, and father and son in The Royal Winnipeg Rifles. My heart goes out to you OldSolduer.

My thoughts and prayers today are with the families, friends, and comrades in arms of these fine soldiers.

My hopes and prayers for speedy recoveries to those injured.

OldSolduer my friend, I can't even begin to come up with words to express myself on the loss of your son, other than I am so sorry. Just know that we are all here for you.

Damn.

RIP Men,

Ill miss you Drew, I am where I am today because of you.

Memories will never die..

Rest Pte Horn, Cpls Grennon & Seggie, your duty is done

My condolences to the family, friends and comrades of these fine soldiers

At the going down of the sun,
and in the morn,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!

CHIMO!

:salute:

More sad news. I hate this, its all too common now.

For my brothers in arms, RIP, your duty is done.

Today, my thoughts are of their friends they left behind in their respective PLs and Sections. We must not forget about their loss, along with those at home safely in Canada.

For those WIA, get strong and get well, and avenge your mates.

OWDU

My condolences and prayers to the families of these brave men who gave their last full measure of devotion.

Comrades true, born anew, peace to you!
Your souls shall be where the heroes are
And your memory shine like the morning-star.
Brave and dear,
Shield us here.
Farewell!"

RIP Soldiers and a speedy recovery to the injured.

Statement
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of three Canadian soldiers
NR–08.060 - September 3, 2008

OTTAWA - The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, issued the following statement today on the death of three Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan:

“It is with great sadness that I learned of the deaths of Corporal Andrew Paul Grenon, Corporal Michael James Alexander Seggie and Private Chadwick James Horn in Afghanistan. These brave soldiers were involved in an attack on their armoured vehicle. Our wishes for a prompt and full recovery are also with their five comrades who were injured in the attack. Friends, families and loved ones are foremost in our thoughts in these difficult times.

The attack that took the lives of these soldiers took place in the Zharey District of Kandahar when their vehicle was engaged by insurgents. Canadian Forces efforts in this region are aimed at providing the security and stability necessary for Afghans and international partners to rebuild Kandahar province after years of destruction and violence.

The United Nations-mandated mission is making a difference in Afghanistan. Canadians, and the Government of Canada, stand proudly in support our Canadian Forces members as they strive to bring safety and stability back to Afghanistan.

Their sacrifices will not be forgotten.”

-30-

All three soldiers were infantrymen with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry based in Shilo, Manitoba.

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, on the deaths of three Canadian soldiers
September 3, 2008

OTTAWA— My husband, Jean-Daniel Lafond, and I are dismayed by the tragic news of the death of Corporal Andrew Paul Grenon, Corporal Michael James Alexander Seggie, and Private Chadwick James Horn of the 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Shilo, Manitoba. All three, along with five of their comrades, were on patrol in their vehicle when they came under attack. We are deeply saddened that once again, such grief weighs heavily on the greater military family and on all of Canada.

This tragedy reminds us of how dangerous the conditions are and the relentless aggression that our military men and women face while on this mission. In spite of the recent attacks, Cpl Grenon, Cpl Seggie, Pte Horn and their comrades demonstrated outstanding professionalism and loyalty. Always ready to serve, they fully understood how vital their support is to the humanitarian efforts in the communities of Kandahar province, where insecurity and violence are daily realities.

From the very bottom of my heart and on behalf of all Canadians, I offer my sincerest condolences to the family, friends and comrades in arms of Cpl Grenon, Cpl Seggie, and Pte Horn. We know that your sorrow is inconsolable, and we wanted to reassure you that their courageous and invaluable contribution will never be forgotten. We also wish the five wounded soldiers a full recovery, and extend our full gratitude to our troops stationed in Afghanistan, whose sense of duty remains as steadfast as ever.

Michaëlle Jean

-30-

Media Information
Marie-Ève Létourneau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-0287
www.gg.ca
www.citizenvoices.gg.ca

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada
3 September 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement today on the death of three Canadian soldiers:

"On behalf of all Canadians, I would like to offer my most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Corporal Andrew Paul Grenon, Corporal Michael James Alexander Seggie and Private Chadwick James Horn who lost their lives today serving in Afghanistan. I also extend my wishes for the prompt recovery of the five other soldiers injured in the attack.

The three soldiers were killed when an explosion detonated near their armoured vehicle while conducting a security patrol in the Zharey District as part of ongoing efforts to promote reconstruction and development in the area.

All three soldiers were infantrymen with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Shilo, Manitoba.

The United Nations-mandated, NATO-led mission in Afghanistan continues to be a challenging one. The Government of Canada remains resolute in its commitment to the Afghan people, who have suffered decades of war and chaos. We will not be deterred by the actions of the Taliban.

I join with all Canadians in mourning these three brave and dedicated soldiers. They have made the ultimate sacrifice to bring security, democracy and self-reliance to the people of Afghanistan, all the while protecting Canada’s values and security.  Their sacrifice will not be forgotten."

Back