• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Andrew Grenon, Cpl. Mike Seggie and Pte. Chad Horn - 2 PPCLI - Killed in Kandahar 3 Sep 08- 5 Wounded

RIP soldiers.

Condolences to the family and friends of our fallen.  :cdn:

My condolences to the families and the Regiment.    :salute:
Another sad day for Canada and her brave lads.  :cdn:
I shall stand as you pass on saturday.  :salute:
:army:

Rest In Peace, and my condolences to the families and friends  :salute: :cdn:

Media Advisory
Our Fallen Soldiers Return Home
LFCA MA 08.013 - September 5, 2008

OTTAWA – Our fallen soldiers, Corporal Andrew Paul Grenon, Corporal Michael James Alexander Seggie, and Private Chad James Horn, all members of the 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry from Shilo, Manitoba are scheduled to return home to Canada tomorrow.

Where: 8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.
When: Saturday, September 6, 6:00 p.m.
What: At the wishes of the families, media are permitted on the tarmac.

Present to pay their respects will be Her Excellency, The Governor General of Canada, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Minister of National Defence, The Honourable Peter MacKay, and other dignitaries.

The three Canadian soldiers were killed after an insurgent attack on their armoured vehicle while they were conducting a security patrol in Zharey district at approximately 9:30 a.m., Kandahar time, on September 3, 2008. Five other soldiers were wounded in the attack.

-30-

Note to Editor/News Director: Interested media must contact Captain Mark Peebles, 8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton Public Affairs Officer, who can be reached at (613) 392-2811, ext. 2041, (613) 243-6358 (mobile), or at: peebles.ma@forces.gc.ca.

Inquiries regarding the deceased or the funeral ceremony may be addressed to the Land Force Western Area Headquarters Public Affairs Officer, at cell phone (780) 719-8721 or (780) 973-4011 extension 1942 during normal working hours.

For all other queries, please contact the Media Liaison Office at (866) 377-0811.

For flight information, please contact the Air Passenger Terminal at 1 800 487-1186.

Four years tomorrow. Lest we forget.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

May you forever RIP men .  Thank you for your service and you are not forgotten.        :cdn:          :salute:

Jim Seggie said:

We will remember them

I can't really think of much to say that would feel worthy enough Jim- I hope it suffices that your son and his comrades will never be forgotten. Our generation will make sure to carry the honouring of our fallen with us into the future so that we can always know we're doing right by their memories.

Jim, in the hearts of their comrades, Mike and those who have died in the Service of their Nation will remembered with as much profoundness as the Regiment's battle honours.  For family and those friends close to Mike, he shall never be forgotten.  You have every right to be incredibly proud in your son's dedication and service.

RIP Mike, Andrew and Chad.

Regards
G2G

Jim Seggie said:

We will remember them

I know it cannot be any real consolation, Jim, but the words are true: they are, forever, young and vigorous and, in our hearts and memories, full of life and love and laughter. And we will remember them, Jim, always.

All these were honoured in their generations, and were the glory of their times.
Ecclesiasticus 44:7

They, and all the others, are not forgotten.  :salute:

I don't have the words of tribute, or eloquence these 3 Canadians are worthy of, so I will simply say...

RIP lads, RIP knowing we will not forget you.

:cdn:  :cdn:  :cdn:

I recall being rather sleep deprived after my arrival in KAF, and on my second full day there, being witness to the tragedy then unfolding off to our west.  Then, of course, saying farewell to three warriors on the tarmac, sending them home, but home much too early.  Not a day goes by that this day doesn't cross my mind.

RIP.  :salute:

Back