• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF cellphone plan

Is there any new infornation about good cell  companies  that include long distance and good overseas rates for 2005/2006?

I apologize if I put this thread in the wrong section, but this section seems as close as it would get to my topic

I am planning to a get cellphone, I know that Rogers gives out a special discount for military members; around $20-something dollars a month, need to show military ID card. Anyone here know anything about whether the other cellphone companies are offering similar plans? I live in the Greater Vancouver Area, B.C.. Thnx.

Bell does

Edit: wow...used the search function

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/741.0.html

Is there anyone here that uses the government cell phone plan? The 25$ one that the cell phone companies put you on. I want to know what the features are and how much it really costs with taxes. Thanks.

I have a DND corporate plan with Rogers. $18 a month. 200 anytime minutes. Free evenings and weekends. Call display. Call forwarding. Conference calling. Detail Billing. Per second billing. As with most carriers, the $6.95 network fee, and $.75 911 fee are extra. Everything compared, for the appx $25 a month, this was the best deal I found.

Just my 2 cents...

MOst companies have the 6.95 network fee. I phoned around for the best plan. Here is what I have found Bell offers Military discount it is 30 a month plus taxes. The network fee is included. We have free unlimitied incoming calls. 100 mins free long distance. 200 mins regular and it is free after 7 pm.

Have a great day

Is the DND corporate plan open to any CF member?

Enzo, not sure about the others, but through Bell Mobility, yes, it is available to all military members.

Thanks Mich. I might have to look into this further. I'm using Rogers and I'm loathe to modify my plan as I have "per second" billing from way back. I'd prefer to continue enjoying that if I can.

wow thanks guys, i didnt even know that rogers offered a pln for the military, im going to have to do some research.

ang

Yeah I had no idea either.  We are movnig again next week so we shall have to do another change to our existing plan so we will be sure to enquire about that once we get to our new destination.

Okay people,

I'm heading off on course in a week, and I'm looking at getting a cell, is there any information in this thread that maybe should be revised? Has anything better come on the market in the past year or two?

Fever Builds for iPhone (Anxiety Too)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/04/technology/04iphone.html?ref=technology

But no discount on that one...

I'd just like to add that Rogers owns Fido, and also Rogers has thrown up a whole whack of new towers so coverage should be better, plus they will be the first to make 3G as they use GSM/HSDPA technology whereas Bell and Telus use CDMA technology. The benefits of GSM and HSDPA are the sim card (can use any phone you want that supports a sim card), and if you get a smartphone, data rates for HSDPA are 3.6mbps/84kbps (and higher). You can also get pcmcia/expresscards that support HSDPA for true broadband wireless with your laptop. I dont know what the rates are though.

HowardForums.com is a good place to check out mobile phone and provider reviews.

p.s. dont get amp'd mobile, they filed chapter 11.

i was told recently that the CF actually has a cellphone plan with rogers, anyone know if this is true what what are the details of the plan, thanks for the insight

Here in CFB Shilo some of the duty cell phones are through Rogers, that is probably the cell phone plan you heard about, there is no personal military cell phone plan. 

Rogers does have a DND plan, call them as the details vary from month to month depending on what they are promoting.

Take a look at the latest thread on cell phones and what people think of The various companies.

My 2 cents...stay away from Rogers.

Spring_bok said:
Rogers does have a DND plan, call them as the details vary from month to month depending on what they are promoting.

I stand corrected, they don't advertise it very much here in Brandon which is strange as almost all new troops have cell phones.

I'm partial to Rogers :)

I've been with

Bell = crap
Telus = crap
Fido = crap'

So I've been with the largest companies in Canada and I can honestly say Roger has been the best so far. I've got a crackberry that's on a Federal plan and it rocks! I get unlimited evening and weekends, 1000 weekday minute, unlimited Rogers - Rogers -Fido, a kick butt data package, voice mail and caller ID... how much? $120. I LOVE IT.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT :p

But then again, if you're on your phone as much as I am, you'd love it too. I just don't love e-mails at 0324hrs...

Back