• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBC Story On George Bush Vetoing a Bill and CBC Showing Images Of The CF

Scoobs

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody was watching the National on CBC tonight, but once again the media has screwed up!  The story was about George Bush vetoing a bill that Congress had just passed that set a troop withdrawal date for the American forces to come out of Iraq.  Peter Mansbridge was speaking and to my amazement, images of CF mbrs in Afghanistan came up.  How does a so called "professional" news organization make such a stupid mistake?  This will only serve to encourage a lot of ignorant Canadians that think we are in Iraq.  My wife works at Zellers and some customers have actually told her that they don't agree with the CF being in Iraq and that they don't agree with our "President".  Last time I checked (read a lot of sarcasim in this) Canada doesn't have a president.  I sent a response to CBC online and hopefully they will correct themselves tomorrow and give an apology, but I'm not holding my breath.  Why can't journalists get their facts straight now a days instead of being lazy a**es?

I saw that too, and was pissed off. I can't believe how sloppy that was... I think it was clips of the Red Devils last summer; some of the Youtube footage.

Are you sure it was a mistake by CBC? Subliminal message maybe? Canadians serving in George Bush's war? I put nothing past the CBC. Just a guess, mind you.

I haven't seen the CBC piece, but I would not put it past the CBC to present their facts.  the CBC does some good work, but they have a not so "hiden Agenda" whihc is pro-Liberal party and anti conservative.. and linking the CF with Iraq works for their no so "hiden Agenda"

+1 to Radio and Recce,

I am not the least bit surprised as this is another tool in their ploy to send a "subliminal message" to the masses who are easily swayed by such reporting. Nothing new from the CBC.

Scoobs said:
I don't know if anybody was watching the National on CBC tonight, but once again the media has screwed up!  The story was about George Bush vetoing a bill that Congress had just passed that set a troop withdrawal date for the American forces to come out of Iraq.  Peter Mansbridge was speaking and to my amazement, images of CF mbrs in Afghanistan came up.  How does a so called "professional" news organization make such a stupid mistake?  This will only serve to encourage a lot of ignorant Canadians that think we are in Iraq.  My wife works at Zellers and some customers have actually told her that they don't agree with the CF being in Iraq and that they don't agree with our "President".  Last time I checked (read a lot of sarcasim in this) Canada doesn't have a president.  I sent a response to CBC online and hopefully they will correct themselves tomorrow and give an apology, but I'm not holding my breath.  Why can't journalists get their facts straight now a days instead of being lazy a**es?

I didn't see the piece you mention - but I'm amused at your wife's customer's reactions.  Don't blame the CBC if your average Canadian thinks we have a President, or that we're in Iraq.

We need some comic from the States to do a "Talking to Canadians" bit to illustrate just how ill informed the average "man on the street" really is.

That's not all, the Globe & Mail wrote a story today about the $60 million cost overruns of the new NORAD facility in Sudbury.....

Well, what do you know....the CBC apologized for showing CF personnel in last night's newscast

On the national about 26-30 minutes after the hour

Roy Harding said:
I didn't see the piece you mention - but I'm amused at your wife's customer's reactions.  Don't blame the CBC if your average Canadian thinks we have a President, or that we're in Iraq.

We need some comic from the States to do a "Talking to Canadians" bit to illustrate just how ill informed the average "man on the street" really is.

I just watched it online and the CBC did actually correct themselves.  As per "blaming the CBC if your average Canadian thinks we have a President, or that we're in Iraq".  I never stated that.  In fact, I stated that it would encourage ingorant people to believe that we are in Iraq.  I do see your pt about the comic since it would actually illustrate to Canadians how much some of them actually know about our country and more specifically about the CF.

We need President Bush to straighten out all the media in his provinces ASAP.... This is getting out of hand.  ;D :cdn:

Samsquanch said:
We need President Bush to straighten out all the media in his provinces ASAP.... This is getting out of hand.  ;D :cdn:

Only them thar southern ones....them northern ones, why they won't understand him anyhooo.....

I saw the piece...I wasn't really paying attention to the news but the images of our soldiers in an American news story caught my attention. I'm pretty sure that the video was the one of the fighting in the Zjarey district shot by combat camera in early July of last year (the battle that killed Tony Boneca of the LSSR).

Back