• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

Well until you get a medical/interview/background check completed and your file is merit listed no they wont look at you for a job offer. You need to be on the merit list to be considered for a job.

I have completed my aptitude test about 8 months ago and was giving a sheet with the eligible trades i could apply for. ALL 3 OF MY CHOICES I COULD APPLY FOR, according to this sheet and having my talk with the recruiter who said I did well. And no when I do my weekly phone check up on my application I was told that I didn't score high enough for my first two choices and the third was closed. I understand my third choice was close but my first two choices I should be eligible for! What could have happen? The recruiting center is in Hamilton and is known for making mistakes. Could this just be a mistake on their behalf? I tried asking them but they say there is no way and that the information is "solid". Its not though... Help? And thank you in advance.  :cdn:

Hello,

I just received an email saying that i  successfully completed the CFAT. Im realy happy, but it say that my results will now be  evaluated in comparison with other successful candidates. What does it mean? Did i pass the CFAT or it's not sure yet?

Thank you for your time.

They're comparing your scores to everybody else applying to the same trades as you. Usually, Only the more competitive applicants will continue the process.

I Did the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test back in June 2012 when i dropped out of high school i failed by 2 points and now i went back to school to get my diploma. And i went down today to ask the recruiter how many times i could redo the Canadian Forces Aptitude test and he said "usually once but a 3rd time with academic courses" now i am worried i am going to fail again because of the spatial ability. I have been wanting  to join the Forces since i was 5 has been my dream since and if if fail don't know what i will do then.

Not really sure what you are looking for with your post.

Prepare accordingly and give it your best shot - you may fail, or you may succeed.  If you wanted to vent your worries, this should probably go in the personal stories area of the forum.  If you had a question about the recruiting process, you'd need to make it more clear then you've stated here.

I was wondering can you pass the CFAT if you don't get all of the answers right. I mean i failed mine in 2012 by 2 points i had 17 and needed 19 to join Infantry Reserves or do i need to get all answers right. Please someone help with info. I just need some help i don't get it if i only need 19 to join the Infantry Reserves. I guess some questions could be wrong.

Rex12345 said:
I was wondering can you pass the CFAT if you don't get all of the answers right. I mean i failed mine in 2012 by 2 points i had 17 and needed 19 to join Infantry Reserves or do i need to get all answers right. Please someone help with info. I just need some help i don't get it if i only need 19 to join the Infantry Reserves. I guess some questions could be wrong.

CFAT is not a "pass/fail" type of exam.  So what happened was, you probably didn't meet the minimum cut-off scores for your chosen occupation.  You just need to study hard and do better next time around, you don't need to get all the questions correct, you just need to get more of them correct.

DAA said:
CFAT is not a "pass/fail" type of exam.  So what happened was, you probably didn't meet the minimum cut-off scores for your chosen occupation.  You just need to study hard and do better next time around, you don't need to get all the questions correct, you just need to get more of them correct.
Yes you are correct she told me i got 17 points and i needed 19 to join the infantry reserves. So i only needed to get to more answers right than i would of been in the reserves already

Here is a good book to buy if you are preparing to do/redo the CFAT http://books.google.ca/books?id=miKQTyZuGVsC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false i know it's only a preview but i am sure i seen those questions from that book on the aptitude test when i did it in 2012.

Nice good luck on your future in the Canadian Forces i went for Infantry Reserves in June 2012 and failed by 2 points i needed 19 points to qualify for Infantry and i got 17 lol.

Or this one as well --->  http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/the-comprehensive-guide-to-canadian/9780986668708-item.html

Hey there,

I've recently just wrote the CFAT for the second time now, I just received horrible and disappointing news that I didn't qualify. Just wondering where I go from here now, this is all I've ever wanted to do other to serve my country other then play hockey for a living. Do I just fold my cards and walk away from the table cause I've never been one to do so, just very disappointed in myself. Am I going to be giving another chance at all for a third re write how accommodating are they in that regard. I am defiantly seeking upgrading classes as we Speak. Just wondering if someone could shed some light on this dark time for me.

Thanks

Yes i was wondering since i did my CFAT in June of 2012 I'm making plans to redo it in 2 months. I was wondering will it be in the computer that i already did it once or do i have to go through the process again of talking to the reserves recruiter. Please help as this is really important to me.

Rex12345 said:
Yes i was wondering since i did my CFAT in June of 2012 I'm making plans to redo it in 2 months. I was wondering will it in the computer that i already did it once or do i have to go through the process again of talking to the reserves recruiter. Please help as this is really important to me.

First you need to have an application open. You can't just take a retest on a whim, you require an active file.
Second, yes there is a log of all prior attempts, and you may be required to a waiver, depending on the particulars of your situation.  The recruiting folks will advise you.

Are the questions in this format on this test same as the CFAT. Just asking if this is similar format to the CFAT.
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc-cpp/test-examen/gct2-ecg2/q-index-eng.php

these are questions that could be on a CFAT test yeah , thought that's the only real answer you could get here , since everyone signs paper about not telling anything about the CFAT test as soon as you enter the room

krimynal said:
these are questions that could be on a CFAT test yeah , thought that's the only real answer you could get here , since everyone signs paper about not telling anything about the CFAT test as soon as you enter the room
Thanks for clarifying but i was wondering are they in the same format like how there is 2 like in the first question its like the meaning of ostracize for an example it's like
1. criticize, reproach. Are the questions like that where there is 2 in one answer.

maybe someone else will be able to tell you , to be fair I don't quite remember it , did back in 2005 so it's pretty vague , I do remember it's the same type of questions , but I couldn't tell if it's in the same format

Back