• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

can anyone give me some info?

Best polishing cloth?? A cloth diaper believe it or not, it‘s probably psychological but wring out the standard Kiwi cloth and look at the colour of the water...yellow tinged. Fold that baby in half, wet down the portion you‘ll be using with cold water. As you work the cloth slowly dries out which is great as you use less polish on the finishing coats and therefore need less water. Never, ever reuse the same spot, work in a methodical pattern through the cloth, if at anytime you feel "scratching" it means you picked up some dust or grit. Move on to a new spot on the cloth and start anew with new polish from the can. Bad part about the diaper? They‘re only sold in packs of 12...or they used to be. Either get some friends together or resign yourself to the fact that you‘ll have enough cloths to last your career. Ahh...boot polishing, one of the many "black arts" of military life.

before i do anythin stupid,
some1 tell me.
even tho spraypainting the boot is a quick fix for "shineyness"
is it that good for the boot?

NO
Quick fixs never work and you‘ll pay in the long run. Besides that, don‘t you think your seniors have seen it before and you‘ll drop yourself into a bunch of shit.
There is no substitue for doing it right the first time. You start taking shortcuts now and its a bad road to go down.

im just wondering.
bossi,where do you work?
and what do you do?

does anyone know what the physical requirements are to join the CF?

thx to anyone who can help out.

Think you need to be able to do 19 push-ups with your arms close to your body and you hands 4 inches apart, be able to do 19 sit-ups under a min, be able to squeeze a total for both hands of 75 pounds(cumulation of both hands swueeze power) and something with steps wich is unclear.

P.S.: Then there teh 8-10 weeks of boot camp at the end of wich you‘ll need to be able to run 13 kilometers or something like that.Anyone correct me if im wrong.

Actually it is a 26 day QL2 crse (which is basic trg) and then depending on your MOC a QL3 crse of roughly 14 to 21 days to qual for your hat badge. Both these crses are usually run in the summer time and I feel that the QL2 is best taken in the summer at one of the Area Training Centres (The one for LFCA (Ontario) is in Meaford). A 13 km walk w/ ruck is included with the QL2 but to the best of my knowlegdee is not a PO just a pass/fail meaning you don‘t need it to pass the crse.

He, thx RCA for info, it brings alot of relief to me cuz i can only run like 5 km(damn cigs).Hope , if i pass the officer course, and my unit and i are badly surrounded your unit will be there.

THE GUNS, THANK GOD FOR THE GUNS

13 clicks huh.
damn lol
better get in shape soon!!!
lol
thx for the info

Nulli Secundus

You got me wrong Shabadoo.I don‘t intend to fail it.I don‘t wanna fail it.I‘m not gonna fail it.It‘s just that INCASE i fail it, I‘ll still be accepted in the army because I want to make a career out of it.

ahh, 13 km aint all that bad

just have the mental mindset eh, i mean, PT is 90% mental.. if you really had to get through it, your body can produce a ton of adrenaline and someother type of natural drug so that you will do fine - of course you‘ll pay every price physically the next day =)

just keep walking ‘till you physically collapse, that way you can always say that you tried

Back