• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

Good2Golf said:
Same here, Buzz, but the AR was plastic crap. 

Yeah, but that was years ago ... back when I was supposed to come over to theatre and work for you; Generation "ancient stuff" ...  >:D

So should I hold my breath  ;D

Army to receive new rainwear in spring 2009
by MCpl Bern LeBlancDownload article

WINNIPEG — New rain suits designed to keep soldiers dry and comfortable will be arriving at military depots across Canada in spring 2009.

The Government of Canada announced on January 19 that it was awarding a contract worth $32.5 million to Peerless Garments Ltd. of Winnipeg to supply the rainwear to the Army.

The rain wear is to be worn in temperatures ranging from 5ºC to 25ºC and will provide wind and rain protection as well as breathability.

“These products are outstanding,” said Brigadier-General Kelly Woiden, Deputy Commander, Land Forces Western Area. “They will replace the neoprene rainwear that the troops are using now, which is not anti-static and does not breathe.”

The contract is part of the Army’s Clothe the Soldier Project, started in 1996. Its goal is to properly outfit soldiers to operate in all types of weather conditions.

Once completed, the rain suits will be sent to military depots across Canada. The soldiers can expect the rain suits in early- to mid-spring.

Peerless will produce 74 000 rain trousers and 74 000 hooded rain jackets, as well as extra hoods and speciallysized pants and hooded jackets. The rain suits will carry the CF’s trademarked Canadian Disruptive Pattern (CADPAT) camouflage. The company has certified that the fabric will be woven in Canada.

“It is a cornerstone of this Government’s Canada First Defence Strategy to provide our CF members with the tools they need to continue their outstanding work,” said the Defence Minister Peter MacKay.

Translation of Spring 2009 to Army terms? November 2011.

sometimes.... but not always true puckchaser

Like my unit is supposed to transition to the C7A2's this spring/fall .......

NFLD Sapper said:
So should I hold my breath  ;D

Army to receive new rainwear in spring 2009
by MCpl Bern LeBlancDownload article

WINNIPEG — New rain suits designed to keep soldiers dry and comfortable will be arriving at military depots across Canada in spring 2009.

The Government of Canada announced on January 19 that it was awarding a contract worth $32.5 million to Peerless Garments Ltd. of Winnipeg to supply the rainwear to the Army.

The rain wear is to be worn in temperatures ranging from 5ºC to 25ºC and will provide wind and rain protection as well as breathability.

“These products are outstanding,” said Brigadier-General Kelly Woiden, Deputy Commander, Land Forces Western Area. “They will replace the neoprene rainwear that the troops are using now, which is not anti-static and does not breathe.”

The contract is part of the Army’s Clothe the Soldier Project, started in 1996. Its goal is to properly outfit soldiers to operate in all types of weather conditions.

Once completed, the rain suits will be sent to military depots across Canada. The soldiers can expect the rain suits in early- to mid-spring.

Peerless will produce 74 000 rain trousers and 74 000 hooded rain jackets, as well as extra hoods and speciallysized pants and hooded jackets. The rain suits will carry the CF’s trademarked Canadian Disruptive Pattern (CADPAT) camouflage. The company has certified that the fabric will be woven in Canada.

“It is a cornerstone of this Government’s Canada First Defence Strategy to provide our CF members with the tools they need to continue their outstanding work,” said the Defence Minister Peter MacKay.

13 years to deliver waterproof breathable rainwear, huzzah!

COBRA-6 said:
13 years to deliver waterproof breathable rainwear, huzzah!

I read that as the Clothe the Soldier project started in 1996, not the rain gear contract.

Hey COBRA, do you have yours yet?  I'm not using mine at the moment... ;)

Cheers buddy!

G2G

PMedMoe said:
I read that as the Clothe the Soldier project started in 1996, not the rain gear contract.

The point is though I think that is has taken this long for someone to figure out that Canada has four seasons and that Gore-Tex (or similar) textiles exist to be used in clothing. Interestingly other nations have been on the Gore-Tex bandwagon for ages.

Huzzah, indeed.

Soldier1stTradesman2nd said:
The point is though I think that is has taken this long for someone to figure out that Canada has four seasons and that Gore-Tex (or similar) textiles exist to be used in clothing. Interestingly other nations have been on the Gore-Tex bandwagon for ages.

Huzzah, indeed.

Yes, I agree with you.  When they came out with the fleece and new jackets and rain gear, I wondered why they hadn't done something similar to the 3-in-1 coats with a water proof layer, a warmth layer and a windbreaker-type layer that could be worn separately or two and three together as required.  Guess that made too much sense, huh?
rolleyes.gif

Good2Golf said:
Hey COBRA, do you have yours yet?  I'm not using mine at the moment... ;)

Cheers buddy!

G2G

Just keep rubbing that in eh G2G..... ;D

PMedMoe said:
Yes, I agree with you.  When they came out with the fleece and new jackets and rain gear, I wondered why they hadn't done something similar to the 3-in-1 coats with a water proof layer, a warmth layer and a windbreaker-type layer that could be worn separately or two and three together as required.  Guess that made too much sense, huh?
rolleyes.gif

Probably the same reason why they didn't change/update the style of the combat shirts or pants to become more functional.

mover1 said:
Probably the same reason why they didn't change/update the style of the combat shirts or pants to become more functional.

They did take out the FN mag pockets, and replace it with a useless Velcro pocket  ::)

Anyone have any updates on the CADPAT raingear???  Maybe something like when are we going to get it.

6-8 months depending on where you are. Takes time to make all the kit. I know you guys want it now (I'd like to have it too) but the manufacturer can only make so much at a time. Like all new kit there is a phasing in process. Who knows, some units may get it in say, June, others might be as long as November. Patience is the best virtue to have with this, and please don't scream at the Suppie working the counter because they say you can't get it yet. There are others above them that say no, or there may not be stock yet. They don't say no to be a prick, there's a reason for it.

Chapeski said:
6-8 months depending on where you are. Takes time to make all the kit. I know you guys want it now (I'd like to have it too) but the manufacturer can only make so much at a time. Like all new kit there is a phasing in process. Who knows, some units may get it in say, June, others might be as long as November. Patience is the best virtue to have with this, and please don't scream at the Suppie working the counter because they say you can't get it yet. There are others above them that say no, or there may not be stock yet. They don't say no to be a prick, there's a reason for it.

That sounds like we all should have it by Christmas, right?  ;D

I never wait on stuff like this. Being Reserve now, I never get it into my mind we'll get it issued before I retire. I just act suprised :eek: when the Supply type wants to give it to me.

"Whoa! What's this??? Cool, someone likes me
headbang.gif
"

ffs we will get it when we get it.

recceguy said:
I never wait on stuff like this. Being Reserve now, I never get it into my mind we'll get it issued before I retire. I just act suprised :eek: when the Supply type wants to give it to me.

"Whoa! What's this??? Cool, someone likes me
headbang.gif
"

Same here.

Back