• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

ArmyVern said:
Even the OLD olive drab rain gear is restricted right now ... not enough kit to kit all the students and staff (that`s right ... here in Gagetown we are all still in the old OD stuff) out ... and they are coming first now in the order of priority. 

Just run a DIN search on:

CLS Op Clothing Strategic Plan

to see what`s up in the world of restrictions on Army kit.

CANLANDGEN 013/08 would be a good place to start.  It's not a pretty sight.  Anyone who can find a pair of size 10 Mukluks, please let me know...

dapaterson said:
CANLANDGEN 013/08 would be a good place to start.  It's not a pretty sight.  Anyone who can find a pair of size 10 Mukluks, please let me know...
just got a pair a few weeks ago - the inserts/socks one was size 11 and the other size 6...
???

Bah, that's nothing!
When I left Gagetown last month for 1 Horse, I had to return my OD raingear to the RQ, and when I got to Shilo I managed to get a CADPAT rainjacket (albeit the wrong size) but they didn't have any trousers even close to my size and told me to come back after Christmas for them. I came back and was issued OD trousers...

Fun eh?

Lerch said:
Bah, that's nothing!
When I left Gagetown last month for 1 Horse, I had to return my OD raingear to the RQ, and when I got to Shilo I managed to get a CADPAT rainjacket (albeit the wrong size) but they didn't have any trousers even close to my size and told me to come back after Christmas for them. I came back and was issued OD trousers...

Fun eh?

Actually .... didn't you read the CANLANDGEN suggested below yet?

YES Houston - it really IS that bad out there these days with army operational kit. Ergo the reason that as a candidate your OD raingear is issued from a "loan pool". People being posted here as non-students ... aren't even availed of that opportunity - they get squat.

Read the message. Actually, read the actual CLS Op Clothing Plan for all the nitty-gritty details.

Your "Bah, that's nothing story" IS the normal story these days for Army kit as directed by that CANLANDGEN. It's a lovely time to be the sup tech working the counter of clothing stores --- the "putting up with BS from the troops factor" has gone up drasticly ... through no fault of their own.

I am still curious why (or maybe they are, and I am not aware) they aren't taking the CADPAT raingear from folks like us on the Wings who only see 'the field' if they go berry-picking or something, and giving it to the folks that *really* need it. 

I love my CADPAT rain gear (the last generation Air Force CEMS pattern, not the new CCR) but I certainly can do without it.

EITS.... The CADPAT raingear the people in the wings have was bought & paid for by the Airforce.  It meets Airforce standards while not technicaly meeting the Army's.  It isn't up to the Army commander to comandeer gear purchased by the Air Commander.

... as simple as that - as complicated as that.

common sense & military bureaucracy....  = Oxymoron.

The army has been doing small purchases to ensure pers going into high readiness training have the new rain gear.  As a result, the “folks that *really* need it” were getting it.  There would be a horrible time wasting shnmozzle having AF pers exchange their new raingear for old, then getting the Army to swap old for AF only to then get all the Army to swap AF for new and migrate the AF back to the AF (who will still be able to use it or the new converged).

MCG said:
The army has been doing small purchases to ensure pers going into high readiness training have the new rain gear.  As a result, the “folks that *really* need it” were getting it.  There would be a horrible time wasting shnmozzle having AF pers exchange their new raingear for old, then getting the Army to swap old for AF only to then get all the Army to swap AF for new and migrate the AF back to the AF (who will still be able to use it or the new converged).

I was thinking more along the line of....

Snr Army Log O calls Senior Air Force Log O...

Air Force:  "You have reached the voicemail of Senior Officer Bloggins...if you are calling before 10 am, or on a Friday, or on a Monday, I am not in the office.  Please leave a message"      >:D

Army:  "Hey, Bill, how are you.  Listen...can you ship us X amount of the CADPAT raingear you have in boxes still?  We can use some.  Call me back at..."

I know things don't work exactly that way but...it sure would be nice if they did, and the army types would have a set of the CADPAT raingear that is hanging 3 feet from me in my closet all winter...

A post has been removed which added nothing to this topic except to fuel inter-service enmity.  If you want to disagree, do it constructively and keep it relevant to the topic. 

Well looks like from the sounds of it, I was damn lucky to get my CADPAT raingear a few days before I went on tour. At the time I thought it was useless considering I didnt have it for work-up; but from what I've seen since I got back, very very few people in the batallion seem to have it.

dan005e said:
Well looks like from the sounds of it, I was damn lucky to get my CADPAT raingear a few days before I went on tour. At the time I thought it was useless considering I didnt have it for work-up; but from what I've seen since I got back, very very few people in the batallion seem to have it.

They issue the TW CADPAT Raingear to pers deploying, but then when you get to theatre they give you AR CADPAT Raingear..... seems like a silly way to issue kit, it sits in someone's room for 7 months before it even gets used!

Heh... 7 months and quite a few pounds later

I never used my raingear in Afg.  I turned it back in with the same folds that it came with.  And that's the AR stuff I am talking about, never got the TW.

Bzzliteyr said:
I never used my raingear in Afg.  I turned it back in with the same folds that it came with.  And that's the AR stuff I am talking about, never got the TW.

Same here, Buzz, but the AR was plastic crap.  My TW 2-in-1 was preferred rig with fleece in Jan/Feb snow/wet-cold season. I had to keep my eyes open for COBRA-6 trying to club me and pull me behind a bunker to get my jacket...  ;)

G2G

Back