• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

Isn't it nice to see my RSM and CO "trialing" them.

It's for the new ops 150  kit list, of course. Other wise, how will the troops know when to wear it and what to put into each pocket when they get it? 

Why is it that the airforce has CADPAT raingear and we ( the army ) do not. We have CADPAT AR (Tan ) rain gear but not TW (Green) .
The reason i ask is that i am currently at CFSME and all the airforce CE types have it who are posted to airforce bases.

Thank you

Have a nice day! :threat:

They have their own money to buy what they feel they want so they went ahead and bought those while the army decided not too.
That said there is a plan in the works to have one rain jacket in CADPAT for both elements thereby reducing overall costs.  When the army gets it is a crap shoot at best.

P.S. when operational you tend to get the good stuff on the fast track.  Therefore AR CADPAT rain jackets are there.

The AR CADPAT stuff is not Goretex however... I'm still waiting for ICE Tactical to get the fabric for their hardshell jacket in CADPAT TW, but they said they need 40 orders to fill a run first...  :(

Anyone interested?

jkt-page.jpg

hedgehogrgc said:
Why is it that the airforce has CADPAT raingear and we ( the army ) do not. We have CADPAT AR (Tan ) rain gear but not TW (Green) .
The reason i ask is that i am currently at CFSME and all the airforce CE types have it who are posted to airforce bases.

Thank you

There was 7 pages describing why before this.

You resurrect a dead thread because you failed to read the previous pages but were smart
enough to find (probably through search) to ask.  That's like finding the manual to the piece
of kit you want, and then asking someone else when the answer is right in front of you.

hedgehogrgc said:

Thank you

I'm taking it your currently a student at CFSME. You can visit the CFSME QM and they can give you an answer on this and most probably copies of the Routine Orders Entries and Comd O Group notes that we sent out from Clothing Stores Gagetown to address this question numerous times over the past 2 years.

Air Force budget...and they bought it only for personnel posted to Air Force Operational Positions (Blue, Black or Green DEU) belonging Air Command.

Anyone posted (Blue, Black or Green DEU) to a position/Unit belonging to Land Force...gets to wait until LF Command eventually comes out with something.

ArmyVern - HorM Fan!! said:
The rest of us will retain our current rucks. They are still discussing whether or not the rest of us Army pers will eventually be issued with the CTS ruck.

Out of curiosity, would this mean they're going to re-order the current rucks or simply use up the remaining stocks over the next god only knows how long? As obviously, stocks are going to run out eventually.

ArmyVern - HorM Fan!! said:
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/273_e.asp

The new CTS ruck is currently only slated for issue to 1st Line Field Army pers conducting dismounted ops.

The rest of us will retain our current rucks. They are still discussing whether or not the rest of us Army pers will eventually be issued with the CTS ruck.

Just a question about this Vern, what will they consider 1st Line Field Army Pers? Would it be only pers in say 2RCR or would us reservists get them too?

I think we need to start a new forum...

The ask ArmyVern forum.....

Where we can ask nothing but supply questions.

(and marriage advice!)  ;)

You could of course by pass the whole entitlement thing if your a CO and RSM and want to "trial" the rain jacket.  :mad:

Just a Sig Op said:
As far as I know, she's married already, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask her :)

I think he knows, and that's why he asked.

Back on topic: How long do you think it would take for the cadpat rain gear to issued to the Pres ???

NL_engineer said:
Back on topic: How long do you think it would take for the cadpat rain gear to issued to the Pres ???

Just in time for retirement!  ;D

I imagine that if the Pres actually wanted some, he would get it within days.

Now I am sure ArmyVern - Habs or Montreal Fan!! can correct me on that, but he is a powerful man and would likely be able to get a pre-production run made for him.   ;D

Back