• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

From what I understand from the briefings is that the airforce rain gear did not mee the standards that the army had set out ( I think it was a few minor deatails but enough for the tease the soliders guys LOL). Dropzone does not make any form of rain gear at all Solider301, They do not have a seam sealing machine the last time I had talked to them. But they do supply on a personal purchase a Recce Smock in CADPAT AR.
R711 OUT

Regarding the Rain Gear- I emailed CTS a while back about a comment on the new Rain gear. I received a reply. The Rain Gear at this time is not part of the CTS program but part of a Army Procurement program. In the near future it will be added to the CTS Website when it becomes part of the CTS. As per the Presentation, the VCDS has urge convergence of equipment and the "army" rain gear is going to be the same as the CEMS one. The "new converged" design I have been told by email will have some improvements to the CEMS version. Now I know someone reading this may reply with "what you are saying is not true .... where is this guy getting his info from?" Please look at the presentaions. The info is there.

More Information can be found at:
http://www.textiles.ca/ctidndconference/CTI-DND_Presentations.htm
look under the Clothe the soldier presentation and Army Current Product Improvements. They got some great stuff comming down the pipe in the next few years. Acording to the Presentation, the rain gear TW will be available for ops in the Fall 06.

Enjoy!

nice (dropzone) Smock, spendy, but nice, anyone here use them?  worth the cash? 

So is this "new" CADPAT AR rain jacket goretex or similar or sealed nylon?

nice link to the above post, interesting PPP on the ID sleep system.  I like mine  :eek: if you haven't seen them yet, you'll like them.

It's a nylon shell with gortex guts.  Its a sweet piece of kit.  Rain gear that stops water.  Who would've thought we would ever see that?

Cheerz,
Andrew

There has been two types of the rain gear floating around.  There was some of the old material printed in both AR and TW, and then there is the actual new Rain Gear done in AR and TW.  The new stuff is a breatheable moisture permeable membrane.  The slides all say Rain Gear, but to avoid confusion and strange orders, there has been the suggestion of "jacket wind, rain, temperate" or something along those lines, so no longer will people get jacked for wearing a Rain Jacket when it obviously isn't raining, stupid troop, shake your head.

I and other Tac Hel and AF guys I know have it...they call it the 2 in 1 jacket...the label just calls it "JACKET H/W".  It's TW and had deployable/hideable reflective tape strips on it as well as a nylone/perforated liner to the outer Goretex shell.  It is a sweet piece of gear.  Don't quote me on it, but I've heard there are a few samples in AR based on the current CEMS/ACE rainjacket.  Perhaps some of us pitching out on Op Argus can get the stuff and let you guys heading south on Archer how much we like it?  For as much as some guys may joke about any AR rainjacket in the 'stan, I'd do the same with the AR rainjacket as I do with my current 2-in-1 TW...wear shells/layers underneath and it's good to go below zero.  FWIW

Cheers,
Duey

There's a cadpat jacket posted on eBay, and I was wondering if this is the new CF-issue rain gear:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANADIAN-MILITARY-STYLE-CADPAT-WATER-RISISTANT-PARKA_W0QQitemZ6558609870QQcategoryZ104023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

Having worked with Land Force Trials and Evaluations Unit (LFTEU) I can confirm that yes there is a new rain gear in the works but right now it is being redesigned because it failed some trial test.

Expect to see it in the near future.

I love it when people say, we never had that kit and we made due all this time blah, blah, blah. I'm surprised we have cadpat! If anything, it's the dinosaurs who have prevented our military from advancing over the last decade while euro countries did!

>:D you crackme up. you think a bunch of liberal dicks who have never, ever been outside in the rain care ab out your wet weather gear. bahahahahahahahahahahahhahha buy your own or get wet lads.

ok, you can wait and maybe you will get what you need by the time your ready to pension out. otherwise get it yourself.

bl

So does anyone have any information to the changes on the new rain jacket. I saw a rain jacket when i was in Borden last week hanging up in the coat area. At first glance it looked like the Air Force 2 in 1 jacket, it has the same design, material, reflective tape under the vent pockets, however I noticed 2 different additions:
1- it had the Velcro tab system on it on the left shoulder to attach brassards to
2- It also had a Velcro attachment system for your name tag on the right upper chest

Aside from that it appeared to be the same design. Again. I only saw it for a moment. It did have all the other features it seemed as the Air Force 2 and 1 Jacket. I assume from the info that i saw that this "look's" like the new "converged" jacket (or prototype???). I never looked at the label (i know, I know i should have). The Name tag that was on the jacket was an army designator (crossed swords). Anyone know more specifics of this jacket? Photos?

Cheers

Yup. They're issuing it to pers proceeding on Athena.....

False : This is not the new rain gear. This is DropZone Tactical Recce Smock in AR CADPAT. They are not 100% waterproof. This smock is issued to Op. Athena Soldiers only.

Link to the Smock : http://www.dropzonetactical.com/clothing/reccesmock.html

Link to picture on Op. Athena : http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_f.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=7386&site=combatcamera

No.

The Dropzone Recce Smock was NOT issued to pers on Op Athena. The guys in the picture are wearing the new AR CADPAT Raingear. How do I know? For one thing, I know what I had issued to me. Also, I was there when the above picture was taken.

sorry to come onto this late:

I concur with Ghostwalk
Ghostwalk said:
No.

The guys in the picture are wearing the new AR CADPAT Raingear. How do I know? For one thing, I know what I had issued to me.
I had it issued to as well.

Also my team in Kabul, the C ANTC det, "purchased" the AR Recce smock in question. The only days it was cool enough to wear after we received them in Apr were the days it was cloudy and rainy. So if someone over there speaks of a AR smock, it was probably one of ours your friend seen.

My Platoon 2ic is in the clothe the soldier program Ive seen alot of the gucci kit that they are developing. He brings alot of it to the unit exercises. He brought the rain gear on one of our exercises and it looks like a nifty peace of kit that i wouldn't mind borrowing from him for an extended period of time  ;)

DannyBoy said:
My Platoon 2ic is in the clothe the soldier program Ive seen alot of the gucci kit that they are developing. He brings alot of it to the unit exercises. He brought the rain gear on one of our exercises and it looks like a nifty peace of kit that i wouldn't mind borrowing from him for an extended period of time  ;)

WO Paris had the new rain gear on our BIQ FTX.

Did he, oh yeah that was at the END EX when we were all waiting to go fill the trenches eh

Scaddie said:
I recently recieved my joining instructions for ARCON this year, and it mentioned on the kit list that we should have been issued newer raingear, because the old stuff is deemed unfit. So I'm really confused, I only have the OD rain gear, is this the newer issue?

Since no one answered your question before...

The green rain gear is the "new" rain gear the joining instructions referred to, the "old" rain gear is the old American nylon stuff.

The green rain gear is actually quite effective... assuming you're in a torrential downpour, you have time to put it on before hand, and you're not trying to be overly stealthy.

Bomber said:
The green stuff is old.   The CADPAT is new.  

Wow!.....the answers here that you got are RTFOTL......Unless you are Reg Force Air Force, your new Rain Gear is OD.   The 'old' Rain Gear is also OD, and made in Canada, not the US.   Seeing as we now have 'new' Rain Gear, all those who purchased the better quality US rubberized rain gear, are no longer permitted to wear it.   Look at the Manufacture Date on your label and see what the date is.....if it is pre1999 it is probably OLD.

Back