• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Overboard?

Please be a MOLLE version of the vest.... we can still dream right?

No. MOLLE is not compatible with CF Policy that every soldiers must be "uniformed". With the MOLLE you can create your own vest, wich would not be the same for everyone.

Goddamnit he jinxed it....ARGH!

Oh well....any more info yet on what it'll incorporate?

soldiers301 said:
No. MOLLE is not compatible with CF Policy that every soldiers must be "uniformed". With the MOLLE you can create your own vest, wich would not be the same for everyone.

Where did you get this 'CF Policy' from?

rifleman said:
Where did you get this 'CF Policy' from?
[rant]
Well, I don't know 'bout any "Policy;" however, the rumour mill keeps churning out tall tales like "The Tac Vest was designed to be 'uniformic' for use in parades." ? ? ? ? ? ? ? WTF? ??? Who comes up with this sh!t? Now, the other comment I keep hearing..."The Tac Vest was built around the RCR Battleschool load standard"...seems more feasible...but I still wonder if that's really the case.

If there really is a policy like this, why bother making the C9 and Canteen pockets swappable? Wouldn't the policy negate that purpose?
[/rant]

That said, I too would like to see this policy in writing... ;) 'til then, grunts will continue to chant "WE WANT MOLLE!"

Although there is some reason for uniformity, the 'policy' I believe is 'Old School'. If there was actual uniformity issue then the Vest would be in the Dress Manual.

On the parade square, yea uniformity is good. But in the field...

Either way, if uniformity is a big thing, MOLLE still works. For garrison/inspections/courseĀ  have a standard set up for the vest; than in the field set it up to your preferance. Easy enough to do.

From my understanding uniformity in the field meant that you could find what you needed quickly if you had to get something from another person's vest/ruck/coat whatever.

All well and good (No, really, it makes sense) when everyone carries the same equipment/weapons... but they don't.

I didn't read through the whole post but Cad Pat vehicles are a go check out the Jordainians new F16 on global security web site looks pretty slick to me

Back